1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good places for our first date and football games.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by don29002, Nov 13, 2011.

1. don29002

As most of you know, I have a crush on my friend Matt and we're both going to the movies together next Sunday, the 20 November.
    But that Wednesday--Thanksgiving, the 23rd--me and my 2 friends are going to a school football game, and I'll invite Matt to go with me.

So I have some questions:

--Is the movies a great place to have a first date?
    --Should I invite him to the game so soon?
    --Think he'll say yes to my invitation?

2. vyvance

Movies work fine for first dates. Lets you spend some time together without having to talk the entire time. Helps break the ice.

Inviting him should be fine. I can't say what he will say though. I don't know him.

#2 vyvance, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  3. don29002

Thanks for posting. Yeah they do. Responses are very mixed when I ask people these things; some say what you said and some say it's not a good place because we'd barely get the chance to talk and that dates are about opening up.
    Yeah it should. And true, only he can tell me.
    Also as a third time around, I'd come over his house or he'd come over my apartment I guess. Works fine.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As for where, I wouldn't recommend the movies for a date. Given that two of your friends are going to be going to the game as well, and it seems like more of a friend get together for the game, I wouldn't count that as a date. Why not invite Matt, as a friend to the game? If you interpret your invitation as a date, does Matt know it is going to be a date? He might not see it as a date at all.

If you get the vibes that he might be interested in going on a date with you, why not ask him out after the game?

5. vyvance

I can see how some would think that, but unless you go see the movie and immediately go home, I don't see it being a problem. 1-2 hours at the movies getting comfortable around each other, then some time after to open up.

6. don29002

True, it wouldn't be a problem; think it would be alright if I invite him in my apartment--after the movie and after he drives me home--so we can do more together? (Get your mind out the gutter ahahaha!) I have my 2 laptops, TV, PS3, my numerous book collection, and 10 albums he could listen to. So there's a ton to do.
    Btw I'm buying 8 more albums on Amazon so we'd both be singing along to stuff. On key and off haha but no mere mortal is perfect; the only thing that's perfect is the sky.

Really? Then what do you recommend? Besides the theater and a football game at our high school, I'm out of ideas.
    And no I don't see the game as a date either, but now I don't even know why I said that..
    Anyway, I would ask him out after but I'm going to the game with a friend who works for DYFS (a Social Services type thing, but DYFS has mentors who come to a kid's house and they take them places they want to go--if the kid is antisocial, or other reasons.) and we're only allowed to be out--while I'm with her--for up to 5 hours a week so I don't know if I'm even allowed to BE out past when the game ends.
    The good part about that, if Matt says yes, is we can really go somewhere and talk. And if we wanna go somewhere far together, he has a car--I don't drive yet--so I can just go with him.

#6 don29002, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  7. Doctor Faustus

Going to the pictures (as we sometimes say here in the UK!) is a good idea, particularly if it's a film you're both keen to see. If nothing else, you can argue passionately about the merits and shortcomings of the film afterwards!
    I, too, would invite Matt as a friend rather than a potential lover xD.
    Hopefully he'll be receptive to those ideas.
    Good luck and keep in touch,
    F.

8. don29002

Awesome, I love all things British :slight_smile: (And American too haha, but there's something great about the UK too) And yeah I feel it should be a mutual agreement on what we want. Yeah we should :grin:
    But when I ask people questions about things, mostly they say "Oh, I ___ ______" and I'd say "yeah" and our discussions would always go dead from there.
    Maybe I should just tell him how I feel, about friendships and things; about me being shy and being kinda afraid to open up to people at first.
    And yeah I'd tell him we'd go as friends.

And I always will keep in touch <3

9. vyvance

As for inviting him over to your apartment after, it depends on a lot of factors. Such as:
    Are you good enough friends prior to dating that it would be normal for him to be over?
    How did the date go?
    How comfortable is he with the idea of you dating each other?
    etc...

On top of that if you think he wouldn't be opposed to the idea, make sure your intentions are clear. Don't want him to think you are trying to get him into bed on the first date.

10. don29002

My intentions are just as I said before. Friendly things and that's it. Although I'd like to get into bed with him, it never happens on a first date or with friends.
    So it would never happen until we're fine.
    And I'll tell him after the movie's done everything I have stated here.