1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procrastinating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Rooni321

SO,
    How many of you EC'ers ever procrastinate on your homework?
    I know I do!
    Our teacher warned us to concentrate and really study. It didn't help that we had 2 assignments jammed into the weekend..even though we DID have a 3 day weekend. Heh.
    So now I'm up at 4 in the morning chugging caffinated tea and posting here because my brain needs of a break. Its jammed with overloads of chemistry..don't rub it in my face if you're good at that stuff either..I've been up since 9 PM trying to do this. HA! I am not going to get any sleep. Its actually quite easy, I wish I wouldve realized this, I dunno, two days ago!

Anyone, anyone? Lol
    (!):eusa_danc

2. Bi As A Kite

I've had a photography project going on for about 5 weeks, been lightly doing the 'homework' on computers n' stuff, tolf my tutor that as well, and have only just set it all down in the photography workbook yesterday. But it felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOgood!

Procrastinating right now...need to have some lunch then prepare for college.

3. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

that is soo happening with me right now as well, curse biology and physics

4. Vesper

Guilty as charged. I once waited till the week before it was due to start a 26-page research paper, and spent long energy drink-fueled hours at the library churning it out. Fortunately, I got an A on it. Take this from someone who was a student for almost 20 years: stay healthy, and do not do what I did. You can get As without losing sleep or a social life.

#4 Vesper, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  5. throw

I'm procrastinating as we speak!

It's a horrible habit and I always tell myself I'll start earlier next time :eusa_liar

Fortunately, I'll be graduating in a few weeks. Then I can procrastinate in the "real world" :rolle:

6. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Yahaha, I'm guilty^^

I have trigonometry homework but nah, I hate it.^^ I'd prefer surfing the net than Trigo.

7. Rooni321

Yes hooray for 2-ish hours of sleep!

8. FJ Cruiser

It's gotten worse now that I'm in college unfortunately. I have an eight page paper, a ten minute presentation, and another three page paper due Thursday, and I've barely started on the first one. I'm going to rough it the next few days, so if you don't see me, you'll know why.

9. Rinamir Mortem

I am so bad at procrastinating that I am considering changing my motto to "Why start today when you can put off until tomorrow".

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always do this with my college writing papers... could be because I hate my professor though..

11. needshelp

if you're not procrastinating, then you're not normal. j/k but sometimes you have to push yourself to get some work out the way because you don't want to end up being backlogged with work. just do a little something even if it's one problem or two, get some rest, watch some tv and just do what you have to do.

#11 needshelp, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  12. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I procrastinate on almost all my work...
    I feel like I get it done better if I have that extra motivation of "holy shit I have to get this done NOW."

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honey, I have a presentation to give tomorrow night, been up since 10am, done nothing -_-

14. dreamcatcher

I feel like procrastination is a requirement for graduating from high school/college. I think the worst thing I ever did was start studying at midnight for a cumulative final the next day at 7 in the morning. In my defense I had a lot of projects that week so there was no way I could have studied earlier! Needless to say, I did not get an ounce of sleep that night. However, I did get an A on the final :lol: So I guess procrastination does work sometimes!

15. Gallatin

I procrastinate on pretty much all my work. I think the worst I ever got was starting a research paper four hours before it was due. I did manage to submit it before the deadline, albeit about 30 seconds before said deadline.

16. Katelynn

I usually spend my time procrastinating with EC!!! (!) lol!

17. Jonathan

[​IMG]

I have this hanging in my room. :grin:

It says:

18. Me too. :grin:

19. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've submitted a LON-CAPA assignment at 11:59 when it was due at 12:00. The worst I've done with a paper is not starting it until Homeroom the day it was due and typing all five pages of the paper in the last 15 minutes of study hall. I don't know if this is just me but I feel like I get better grades on assignments if I do them last minute. Anyone else feel the same?

20. Rooni321

Yeah I definately have to work on that. Especially now, around this time teachers love to assign homework that's due like a week to a month away and I in turn fuh-get about it. And end up on here ahaha