1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn homosexuality ON and OFF with the Gay Pill

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boyequal, Dec 11, 2007.

1. boyequal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A rather interesting news find:

Raises some interesting points...
    Shows that homosexuality is indeed to do with your chemistry, not a choice.
    Would you change if you could?
    Would this give anti-GLBT folks more leverage to say "gayness is an illness" and can be treated with a pill?

Other Links:
    Google News
    Gay.com

2. Ty

Ty Guest

I think i would change - I would kinda miss it though.

Odd feeling.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I would not state that as a fact based on the results of one experiment on a type of creature completely different to humans. We have no idea of the motives of this experiment, how accurately the results were reported, whether the results were consistent and repeatable or a one-off etc. We are also not told whether the biological findings in these insects could apply to humans.

My understanding of biology is limited, and I'm sure others here will understand what was done in the experiment and say whether or not it proves anything useful.

No.

Of course. This is exactly the sort of story they seize upon (and the sort of research they probably help to fund) to prove their point. Just as pro-GLBT people will seize upon different research that supports their views.

4. Rette

As I understood it with that study, they didn't turn homosexuality on & off so much as they made it so that the fruit flies could not discern gender.

Researchers like fruit flies because they're really easy to screw with at the genetic level. I've heard of them doing all sorts of things, like moving ears around, to flies.

Fruit flies do not have anywhere near the neurological complexity of mammals, so I'm not sure how much this means.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fuck changing myself... give me the pill to turn all the straight boys GAY!

6. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    now thats a good idea ^_^ I would never turn straight. I love being gay so much

7. InaRut

Sadly I'd have to admit if the pill did exist I'd take it. If I could be straight I would. The only this is...the pill would probobly have dangerous side effects....and the coming out to my family would of been all for nothing haha.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What if you were in love with the most amazing person? Would you change then?

9. I would take it too but you're right it would probably have wacky side effects that wouldn't be worth it.

Yes I would. No matter how comfortable I am with myself or how much I love someone else, it'd still be nice to be part of the majority.

10. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I guess i'd take it, unless I was head over heals in love with someone and in a relationship. I wouldn't wanna give that up for the world.

11. Zak

Zak

I like liking guys, but i just want soiety to accpt gays as much as str8 ppl.

12. shulbert441

shulbert441 Guest

What about people who aren't entirely sure?
    Some people just can't be labeled as "gay" or "straight."
    What would happen to them?

I think that this pill would never be practical because the human mind is so complex. I believe that most people have at least SOME homosexual AND heterosexual feelings and that's what makes us different from fruit flies.

13. Samii

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mou~ This is silly. Fruit fly is very simple creature. Human is not. They are only changing gay they are causing. Very silly.
    I do not think any person should be taking drug changing self this way. This is how you are being you are needing accepting. Not changing. Mah ne~

14. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    but if this drug were to come out, then people wouldn't be as accepting, as they'd see it as a disease with a cure.

15. Idk I have a feeling it would be kind of like X-Men III. It would start off by saying it's only there for voluntary usage and some people like me would take it voluntarily. But like has been said those who are against gays would eventually find ways to force it on the gay populace who don't want it voluntarily.

16. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

the whole idea of a "pill" to change someone from gay-->straight reminds me a lot of xmen 3, anyone seen that? TOTALLY has blatant homosexual undertones

17. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

Emperor DJT, i apologize for saying exactly what you said in the previous post, I hadnt read through the whole thread, and we just happened to have the same thought :wink:

18. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm guessing you haven't been in love......yet. :slight_smile:

19. dictionary

I wouldent take it

Im sure afrcan americans figting for equality could have just dyed themselves white..... it wouldent have realy solved anything just like this pill would you cant cure it because it s going to keep coming up each time people reproduce the only cure is to get the comunity to accept it...

I think they should be spending there times on researching more important things......

20. Jonathan

I would have to say that if a pill like that existed, I would probably take it...