1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Concert Is Near.. So Nervous...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpikySpice, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

It's been half of year I havent stapped up the stage, now it's like I do new things all over again. I'll play piano an sing, I did quite good in class rehearsal, but whne I got up stage today fro the big rehearsal, i just like blakc out litle bit and my fingers got crampy, and my voice shakes, one of my partner fainted today cuz it was too much pressure for her and it was just a rehearsal on stage!:S

The concert's gonna be on Thursday, I was 100% prepared, but not suer till that day....

2. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck Spiky! I kinda wish I could see it. I love watching any kind of concert. :slight_smile:

3. Urman

Urman Guest

Good luck you'll do fine tell us how it went

4. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

Good Luck! I'm sure your concert will turn out better than mine did on sunday. I was supposed to play a piece by Rachmaninoff and I sorta procrastined until the last week or two to actually learn the last section of the piece (let alone memorize it...) So anyway somehow I managed to pull off learning the piece. On the day of my recital, however, I practiced for 2.5 hours prior, working my fingers and wrists to exhaustion to the point where all the muscles in my wrist were sore and tensed up so I had difficulty maneuvering them during rapid passages. The first section of the piece was pretty good but once the pace picked up my hands couldn't perform, and by that I mean that I was hitting about every other note. It was traumatizing! the last section was okay but overall I tanked the piece it was embarassing, my teacher was upset.

So the moral is, practice a lot the night before, warm up a little on the day of, but absolutely DO NOT do what I did and work your hands to exhaustion right before performing.

5. Grof142007

Oh Dont worry Just Pretend All of us are sitting in the front Row Cheering you on *cheers*

6. crimsonarcher

yeah!
    Good Luck!

7. CelebrityHead

Just pretend the stage is your living room (or wherever you practice piano) and you're just having another run through the piece, that's what I do!

There is no audience, they're all just rocks.
    That's not a microphone, it's a hairbrush.

Seriously, psych yourself up so that you release all the pressures of performing - It really does help. Just make sure you remain focused.

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck Spikey. You'll do well. Although I won't be there in person, I'll be there in spirit.

Way to go, mate. :thumbsup:

9. LorenzG1950

Don't worry so much Spikey. You've done it before so you already know you can do it. Being a bit nervous is perfectly normal. Just try to relax and convince yourself that you will give the best performance you can. Then just do it. Just imagine everyone from EC cheering you on :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap . We're gonna clap so hard no matter what happens. (*hug*)

10. surfrboykai

good luck brah! have fun with it! i know you can do well!

11. panda

Good Luck Spikey!! Relax! Have fun. Enjoy.

12. CelebrityHead

Make sure you tell us how it all goes :thumbsup:

13. SpikySpice

Awwwww thanks everybody:slight_smile:(*hug*)

It was great :grin: I kinda messed up my piano part, I was kinda frozen for 1 sec in teh middle part and was like"oh sh*t" but I made it through cuz the end was so impresive so that paid off the middle part. But my sis said why didnt you like restart the privious privious part cuz she knew I skipped the mess-up part

Then for the singing, teh crowd went crazy lol, but when I got to the high pitches, I kinda got dizzy, so I closed my eyes and made a happy face

My chemistry was like" You got an A in chemistry, you did a greta job", lol, he is teh best teahcer ever(i did get an A nyways)

It was nice concert, but I still feel bad cuz I messed up the piano performance, that grand piano is not loud at all, and they didnt put the microphone next to it

14. SpikySpice

Aww Im sorry, I messed up little bit, I havent talked to my teacher yet so I dont knwo how he feels

My glasses broke right on that day like before I left the house, I didnt put on lotion cuz my hands are always dried, I didnt have problem with the fast elevation parts but with the medium speed part

I was so ready, then not, then ready, then nervous, it was like moodwing, I shouldnt stay quiet before teh concert, I should talk and talk so I wouldnt be that nervous lol

Haha, my mom called me a week before the concert and said I could pretend them as potatoes but they didnt turn down the light while my piano performance

Well, last year I was too focussed that I was stressed out during the play

15. panda

Way to do it Spikey!!!

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

good luck ! :slight_smile:

17. CelebrityHead

Nice job, I'm happy to hear it went well!
    Are you glad it's over?