1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you express your feelings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rinto, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I felt so bored seeing the same threads again and again each day so I tried making my own. :slight_smile:

So, how do you express yourself? In what way? And how can it help you in different situations, maybe during hard times or the feeling of love, etc.?

I personally only express myself in two ways, writing and through actions. I don't usually talk since I find it hard to find a person to talk with. In writing, I usually do it in a story-like form and sometimes through poetry. There are also those times when I just act to let others know what I feel. I just act what I am feeling like smiling if I feel well.

When I feel something, I don't actually do anything but sit on literally one corner and just think things out.

2. Vesper

I'm much the same way as you except that I don't usually talk because I don't consider myself as good at expressing myself through speaking than I am through writing or acting out. Writing has helped me in situations such as coming out to my two best friends, because I had a lot to say (natch) and felt that I would be able to express it much more clearly in writing than I ever could over the phone.

3. Doctor Faustus

In ordinary writing, in spoken language, in poetry, in music, in dancing, in reading, in what I eat, what I drink, where I live, my English accent...

4. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I see someone is like me in some ways. ^^ Actually, when I tried to express myself to friends through writing, I actually failed and it turned out really bad.... How did it go with yours?

5. Vesper

It turned out pretty well. I actually told one of them beforehand, but decided to follow up with a letter. With the other one, I was sure that she would support me, and later learned that she did have her suspicions.

Why did it go badly with your friends?

Also, I should say that I am decent at expressing myself verbally to people with whom I have a close or trusting relationship, but I'm definitely not good at speaking to strangers.

#5 Vesper, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  6. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i find that listening to music and going for a walk is the best way i can personaly deal with feelings also just talking openly and honestly works to for me.

7. Aeon Magus

Wow, nice question.

I also express myself in writing. For instance, poetry... only for when I'm sad though, because I just can't put 'happy' things into poems and such. I find it more difficult, whereas with sad, gut-wrenching emotions, it's much easier for me to put it all together with words. With awkward and/or weird moments I normally inject some comic relief into the atmosphere, it usually helps. Usually... :eusa_doh:
    When I'm angry at someone or something, I tend to ignore them. They are completely, and utterly, dead to me. Well, until the mood subsides, then everything's fine and dandy again. I don't hold onto grudges for long, they last something like two hours, at most, then I move on. I'm just incapable of doing the whole lifetime of "you're-dead-to-me-and-I-will-screw-up-your-entire-life-the-next-chance-I-get" routine. :rolle: Meh...
    Oh, and my favourite. Sarcasm. I pretty much deal with a lot of things using this. Bad news, mostly, and also with disgust towards something.
    Then there's disappointment, which I'll seriously think about for a minute, figure out what went wrong, and then just let it go. Seems simple enough, why let yourself wallow in self pity, when there are other ventures to partake in?
    With my fears, I tend to overreact and go ballistic... and hell no am I telling anyone what I'm scared of! :dry: You guys would just use it against me to laugh at how silly I am... so, no thanks, to that!

Everyone expresses themselves differently, I know, these are just some of mine. :eusa_eh:

8. Rinto

Rinto Guest

It's so long so I'll keep it at a spoiler:

It was a really bad experience... I was so full of myself at that time. We had a project where we make something like a movie. We act and we also film it. I was one of the directors and the writer of the whole script. We were kind of lacking time already so I told them to try their best to act without making too much mistakes or waste time goofing off somewhere for their own fun... It happened again and again that I started walking out, clenching my fists and already began instructions through loud tones of my voice.

Soon, I got so mad that I wrote a hate message on a social site. I thought it was private, because if it wasn't, people I mentioned in that post will get so mad at me that I badmouthed them. And it wasn't. I was started to be rumored in school to be a horrible monster. For months, I suffered extreme isolation. During summer, I experienced episodes of extreme depression and insecurity. Everyone hated me basically. A year passed and here I am now, broken to pieces. Some have forgiven me but they never forgot the thing I did.

I guess that's a good lesson already. Even I, the person they thought to be so nice, could erupt out of too much anger. But at the same time, it hurts. It still hurts and it would forever be a pain in my heart. Sad ending ahaha
    Those are good things too! Sometimes, I go out around late afternoon and take a walk while listening to music around some quiet place at town. it's a really nice experience :slight_smile:
    It's really amazing to think we humans think and feel differently. I just like these kinds of things. They never get outdated :grin: And thank you^^

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Me too a T. My main way of working through my emotions is going for a walk and listening to music that speaks to my feelings. When I need more than that, asking a close friend if I can talk to them and then just telling them what I'm going through usually helps.

10. Rooni321

I usually don't. But if I do I'll write or cry about it to someone (which sucks ass!).

11. Hexagon

Mainly I don't bother and end up forgetting I was feeling anything. But some times i don't forget, and then it becomes problematic.

12. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By bottling them up into a little dark place in my mind.

Should probably stop doing that...

13. Artemicion

This, and writing of course. Also singing...

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talking at great length, I believe you'd call it a rant

15. Jessica816

I'm the exact same way, tho im learning to not do that anymore..I force myself to talk about the dark stuff that I bottle up inside.

16. needshelp

writing. i'm a better writer than speaker. journal writing is the shit. :icon_bigg if i can't get my anger out through my mouth, you better believe i'm going to write about it in one way or another. i can say anything even if it's wrong and not feel guilty about it.

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I try to process the negative emotions, and do with them what needs to be done. The positive ones I just try to let show. :slight_smile:

Lex

18. Keelin

Based on my emotions:

Happy: go around smiling
    Sad: bottle it in
    Angry: scream into a pillow for a while
    Love: poetry (I'm awesome like that)
    boredom: i'll play an instrument
    embarrasement: hide my face... that leads to sadness
    regret: I try and fix what i'm regretting for peace of mind.

19. Porphyrogenitus

"Emotions are like port: to be corked up tight, left in the cellar for forty years and given to your grandson on his 21st birthday." --- Bleak Expectations :icon_wink

But yeah, I find outlets in music and even things like TV shows or movies. I'm not really that great with dealing with feelings, certainly not at expressing them, so a vicarious outlet is often quite effective.