1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hangover Cures

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kerze, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any favourites? (Definitely having a 'never again' moment right now)

2. Ridiculous

I'm pretty sure the only way to actually cure a hangover is rehydrating yourself, i.e. drinking water. A hangover is caused by dehydration after all. Anything else will just mask the effect but not do anything to remove it.

Not that I have any first hand experience though!

3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...........

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re-hydration is your best bet. On the preventative side is trying to mix in glasses of water with your beverages, and at the end of the night try to pound back a few glasses of water.

Advil (Ibuprofen), or Aspirin (ASA) to treat the headache. Tylenol (acetaminophen) should be avoided as it will tax your already overloaded liver.

Your body may be low on sodium and potassium. Try to eat some good foods (eg: banana) to get your levels back up, as well as complete meals.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Resolve Extra FTW. :grin: That stuff creates miracles. Also, drink like a ton of water.

6. Eric

Gatorade or Powerade if they sell it either of them in England. Advil helps too.

Edit: I just want to add that I agree with what Austin said. I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't drink, you're a minor and that alcohol isn't good for you because you already know that, and I don't even listen to myself when I say that. xD But, the next time you drink, do it a tad more responsibly and know what your limit is in terms of consumption. You won't be kicking yourself the next morning. :wink:

#6 Eric, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just so everyone knows, it was my friends birthday and one of the few (I can count them on a hand) times I've ever got drunk. And after feeling like shit today I WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN. Seriously, you couldn't pay me, this just isn't worth it.

8. Beertruck

I always like to drink a lot of water as I'm getting ready for bed, which usually preempts it. The next morning, though, rehydration + advil is your best bet. Try a cold shower and some greasy food too.

This week someone was handing out a sample hangover cure pill outside the train station... haven't had the need to use it yet, though.

9. Daisy1

Gatorade, advil, lots of sleep, a bit of exercise, and plenty of carbs.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2011 at 12:23 PM ----------

Oh, and bacon. How could I forget bacon?

Bacon Sandwiches Speed Up Hangover Recovery

10. crazyhead

11. Jonathan

What I do (and it seems to work pretty well) is after I'm done drinking and before I go to bed I eat some bread, drink like two water bottles and take some advil.

12. Rooni321

Well I've never had a hangover (probably because my friends always shove tylenol in my direction when I'm drunk) but these people sounds right! Rehydrate!!

13. starfish

Gatorade is good, as well as drinking lots of water. I like to have greasy after a night of drinking. Waffles, bacon, hash browns, and eggs.

Dang it now I want waffles.

In the future remember to drink water while drinking. The dehydration is what makes it soo bad the next morning.

14. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    !!!!! That's dangerous! Avoid mixing tylonol (or other acetaminophen based painkillers) and alcohol. It can cause liver damage.

15. djt820

That "never again" notion is the only 100% way of curing hangovers ironically.

16. Jonathan

Hoever, that "never again" notion only lasts for a limited amount of time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Rinamir Mortem

You say never now...

I always find drinking a pint of water before bed and then dragging yourself out of bed when you wake up and having a shower helps a tonne. I have yet to under-estimate the power of a decent shower after a night out :grin:

18. SlickyPants

That, or forever more. Hair of the dog, baby! If you never stop drinking then you'll never get a hangover.

On a more serious note. Moderation is more enjoyable (for me at least). It's cheaper, you can actually taste what you're drinking and you feel better in the morning. Sure we all overindulge at times but if you go into it without the intention of getting hosed then more often than not you'll end up alright in the morning.

Water is your friend. Before, during and after drinking. My rule of thumb is usually one glass of water per standard drink. Sure you'll be takin' a leak every 20 minutes but you'll certainly feel better in the morning.

19. stad90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Water and time. Plan out your drinking by ensuring you have plenty of recovery time the next day to shape yourself up.

20. RedState

Ahh..the wonders of alcohol...because no good story ever starts with "So I was having this salad one night..."

Water obviously helps keep it manageable...both before you go to bed and the next day...and some sort of pain reliever. I have also found that taking a multi-vitamin and 1000 mgs of vitamin C does wonders (booze also depletes your body of vitamins)..but a lot of times I don't have those handy.

A good shot of brandy in the coffee or a screwdriver helps the next day as well.