1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

birthmark

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by firemaker13, Nov 21, 2011.

1. firemaker13

I knew a Guy growing up he had a birthmark on half of his face. The question is, if you had terrible burn or birthmark, would you try to be yourself or cover it up. And why

2. Just Passing

I don't really have a major birthmark that really takes up the majority of my overall look (unless if a mole on the side of my one leg counts), but if I had a major one, I would probably try and keep it. Covering it up is just asking for trouble.

3. Rooni321

Well mine aren't too visible but I don't cover them up. I flaunt them whenever I can, everyone is going to know about my unicorn and heart scar! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Zontar

Most birthmarks are tiny freckles that aren't much of a bother to me or to anyone.

If I had something like a portwine stain, I'd probably cover it up with makeup. Not a big deal.

5. caughtbywitness

Have a big one on my chest, but it's not really noticeable, so not sure what I'd say... Depends what kind of person you are, and what kinda of stuff you could actually /successfully/ use to cover it.

6. Mogget

I think portwine stains are kinda hot, so I probably wouldn't cover that up. Burns I probably would.

7. Mimerio

I have a birthmark on the back of my left leg, it isn't that noticeable unless I'm wearing shorts, which is rare :slight_smile:

8. djt820

I have a small port wine stain right above my right booby. It's beautiful.

9. Zontar

I suppose Mikhail Gorbachev wouldn't be quite as unique or recognizable without his portwine stain:

[​IMG]

10. Friendly ghost

Well, I think it would be hard to cover up. I have a really large birthmark on the back of my head, covering a very large portion of where my hair is actually. Enough so that the shorter my hair is, it will start to appear a different color almost.

11. geordie94

one of my mum's friends has a large portwine stain that covers the right side of his face. I see him about once a month and I got to admit that I couldn't help but stare for the first 3 or 4 times I met him.. I dunno.. I kept wondering if it hurt.. which I know is stupid. now when he comes over I don't even really see it anymore.. I just use it as something that helps me think of the correct name when I see him.. but it doesn't shock me anymore..

so I would not cover it up... it would only delay the shock effect around friends.. and I don't care what strangers think about me