1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underage Sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zak, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Zak

Zak

I kno sex with a person 18+ and a peson younger than 18 is illegal. Wht if both ppl are underage, is it still illagal? :confused:

2. Urman

Urman Guest

3. CrimsonThunder

Yeah its different everywhere. Just do a google search for your area.

4. InaRut

I don't know. I think 18 is a good age. Because then your fully developed (or around there) and aware of your body more. Also if someone accidently starts watching you...then they don't go to jail
    haha!

5. Urman

Urman Guest

what u mean explain

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It is handled differently in different countries. If you were in Iran you would both be hung for it. However you are in the USA where things are much more civilised.

Legally I think if both people are under-age it is illegal. However if they are about the same age and both want to do it (one person is not forcing the other) it is very unlikely that anything would be done even if they were caught.

If the ages were significantly different then the older one could be charged with having sex with the younger one. I'm thinking something like 12 and 15 here.

It probably also depends on the type of sex. Anal sex could be more of a problem than oral or hands. Adults are more likely to think oral and hands is "messing around" whereas anal is "sex".

Obviously with straight sex if the girl gets pregnant that will cause loads of problems. That probably doesn't apply here.

I think if you are around the same age and take care not to get caught, just enjoy yourselves and don't worry about it. However I don't know anything about the legal position, so if someone who does know confirms that it is illegal then take notice of them.

7. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

It's 14 in all of Canada.. or at least last time i checked.
    But a no one under 18 is allowed to have sex with someone over 18. (or vice versa depending on how you want to phrase it). It's a "protection clause" of sorts.. enable youth to legally experiment, while protecting them from pedophiles.

EDIT: oh, technically anal sex requires you to be 18. I don't really understand why.

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Uruguay, the age of consent is 15 for both straight and gay sex.

9. Bryan

Ticky-
    I wouldn't recommend sex for you at 13, but what we say probably wont stop you. I know from AIM that you are beyond your years and very mature, just whatever you do, use protection.

10. InaRut

Yea I always wondered that about anal sex? Then again the blood drive doesn't let male gays donate...Oh funny story...They called my house asking me if I was going to donate this year...I wanted to say, "No sorry I'm a homosexual." But I told them about my tattoo.

Personally though, I don't really like the idea of younger people having sex. 17, 16, (and maybe) 15 I would be okay with...but anything younger just doesn't seem to be right in my mind. Anyone else feel that way?

11. Urman

Urman Guest

Well i really wouldn't suggest it

12. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I know you're from the states but in the UK the age of consent is 16 for both heterosexuals and homosexuals. If one person is in a position of responsibility (ie a teacher, youth worker) over the other, then the one they are in this position of trust over must be over 18 (ie it is illegal for a teacher to sleep with their 17-year-old student, but it is legal for their classmate to). If one is over 18 and the younger 13-15 then the adult can get up to two years, under 13 life. Technically two people under 16 is illegal, but I don't believe these cases are usually prosecuted (see below), unless, I presume, one of them is very young.

There's a summary of UK consent law here (I don't know if this'll work)

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/yourrights/sexandthelaw

Note that here they comment that the purpose of the UK law is to catch predators, and that it "is not intended to be used to prosecute consensual teenage sexual behaviour". www.thesite.org is a very useful site for UK people about many things btw.

There's a link there for UK people should you want to or need to trawl through the actual full UK law from the 2003 sexual offences act at:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2003/ukpga_20030042_en_1

Only for UK people but helpful hopefully!!

13. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Just a note, glancing through those under 18 can be prosecuted for sexual offences, but if you want the specifics, you'll have to read it yourself :slight_smile:

14. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

in connecticut the age of consent is 13, but you can only have sex with people who are within two years of age (ie 13 and 15, 14 and 16, 15 and 17). Once you are 16 however you can consent to anyone, even those over 18 (this is lowered to an age of 15 if you have parental consent however)

#15 Kovax14, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  15. Urman

Urman Guest

Same with new york im almost 100% sure

16. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, no, you're wrong... the age of consent in Canada is 14. Anyone 14 or up can have sex with anyone else 14 and up, no matter how up "up" is. The exception to that is if you're in a relationship with someone who is in a position of trust or authority with respect to you, or if you are in an "exploitative" relationship, in which case then you have to be 18 or up.

If you are 12 or 13, you can consent to sex with anyone older within 2 years, so 12 up to 14 and 13 up to 15.

How the 18 or up exception works is thusly: if you are say 16 you cannot consent to sex with anyone in a position of trust or authority over you. That means you can't consent to sex with someone 17, 18, 19, 20, etc... if that person is say your coach, your teacher, your tutor, your doctor, your dentist... (okay I'm not sure about dentist but I suspect that would a be a no-no). In those circumstances you would need to be 18 or older for the sex to be considered consensual. So technically an 18yo finishing Grade 12 could legally have sex with their teacher, although I don't expect that would go over very well at all.

However, the exception does not only apply to situations where the other person is older than you. That means that at 16 you can't consent to sex with someone 15 or 14 if for some (relatively weird) reason they were in a position of trust or authority over you. The most reasonable case I could think of would be if a 15yo were coaching a 16yo. So the 18 or up exception is not based on age but on power, which is sensible.

Anal sex is handled differently; anal sex in Canada is ALWAYS illegal, except in the following circumstances: the participants are married or both participants are 18 or over. So basically this means the age of consent for anal sex is effectively 18. However, the provisions governing the different age for consenting to anal sex have been struck down by the highest provicincial courts in Ontario, Quebec, and BC, so it is very, very unlikely you could get convicted of having anal sex illegally if both parties were 14 or up. It's just that a case where one or both of the parties were under 18 has never been before the Canadian Supreme Court so that the law can be struck down completely.

You'll notice the way the laws around anal sex are structured are very interesting and important symbolically: that it is ALWAYS illegal, except in certain circumstances, whereas "regular" sex is always legal, except for those under the age of 14, and in some specific cases for those under the age of 18. That's because anal sex is (considered by some to be) evil and dirty and used to be called whole different things like buggery and sodomy.

To make matters more confusing, Harper and his morons are proposing raising the age of consent (which they have conveniently renamed the age of "protection") to 16, with people 14 or 15 having a 5-year "window" of people with which they could have sex. That is, under the proposed new legislation, if you are 14, you could consent to sex with someone who is up to the age of 19 and if you were 15, you could consent to sex with someone who is up to the age of 20. Despite repeated calls, they have not shown any inclination to equalise the age of consent for anal sex during this attempt to change the "regular" age of consent (as was done in the UK a few years ago after over a decade of activism around the subject).

Why do I know all this in such excruciating detail? :slight_smile: Because I wrote a paper on it about 5 months ago for a sociology course comparing the debates on changing the age of consent in Canada and the UK.

17. surfrboykai

i never understood the whole "adult at 18!" thing. like, you don't just magically mature the second you turn 18. i'm 18, and i'm still way immature, dispite me helping to raise my brothers. some people take longer to mature, while others are maturity-wise adults.

haha. i work for walgreens (slavegreens!) and we always have the blood bus. they always ask me as i'm walkin in to punch in, and i always say "you don't want my blood. i'm bisexual and i've had anal sex with men!" and they never know what to say haha! but like, even so, i woudn't do it before work anyways. if i was a shopper, hellz yah i'd do it. but not before my shift.

18. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Yeah, what he said :dry: lol

Really?! Wow, never knew that tidbit. Interesting. And upsetting at the same time.
    I imagine in court they used equality violations argument in there somewhere. I hope it does eventually reach the Supreme Court.

I'm no lawyer, but i'd imagine the law is quite fragile, and if it did ever reach Supreme Court it'd fracture quite easily. Then again, as you pointed out earlier, i've been wrong many times before. :icon_wink

Harper.
    I should only have expected as much.

The law is fine as it is (with the exception that the law for anal sex should be lowered).

19. chrisb

13 seems so fricking young to me........i didnt even think about sex then haha well i did but not like i was gonna do it soon