Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Zak
Formerly Ticky02neo
Full Member
 
Zak's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: ...Tis a work in progress...
Location: Rhode Island
Age: 20
Posts: 1,628
Join Date: Nov 2007


Default Underage Sex?

I kno sex with a person 18+ and a peson younger than 18 is illegal. Wht if both ppl are underage, is it still illagal?
__________________
I'd like to give a shoutout to all the people that have ended their EC career. Like me, but I came back... after a while.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Urman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

in new york consent is 15 but depends were u live
http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/consent.htm
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Full Member
 
CrimsonThunder's Avatar
 

Gender: Boy
Orientation: Bi
Out Status: Friends, Work, Whoever knows
Location: South Australian!
Posts: 3,584
Join Date: Jul 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

Yeah its different everywhere. Just do a google search for your area.
__________________
Biggest car buff around.
CrimsonThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Urman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/consent.htm
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:54 PM   #5
EC's Nu-Disco Walrus
Full Member
 
InaRut's Avatar
 

Gender: IRL Yaoi Character
Orientation: (。◕‿◕。)
Out Status: ㅎ_ㅎ
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Age: 25
Posts: 7,110
Join Date: Oct 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

I don't know. I think 18 is a good age. Because then your fully developed (or around there) and aware of your body more. Also if someone accidently starts watching you...then they don't go to jail
haha!
__________________
"The first duty of every Starfleet Officer is to the truth. Whether it's scientific truth, historical truth, or personal truth. It is the guiding principle to which Starfleet is based. If you can't find it within yourself, to tell the truth about what happened, then you don't deserve to where that uniform."
InaRut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:55 PM   #6
Urman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

what u mean explain
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:03 PM   #7
Banned
Full Member
 

Gender: Male
Posts: 13,185
Join Date: Nov 2004


Default Re: Underage Sex?

It is handled differently in different countries. If you were in Iran you would both be hung for it. However you are in the USA where things are much more civilised.

Legally I think if both people are under-age it is illegal. However if they are about the same age and both want to do it (one person is not forcing the other) it is very unlikely that anything would be done even if they were caught.

If the ages were significantly different then the older one could be charged with having sex with the younger one. I'm thinking something like 12 and 15 here.

It probably also depends on the type of sex. Anal sex could be more of a problem than oral or hands. Adults are more likely to think oral and hands is "messing around" whereas anal is "sex".

Obviously with straight sex if the girl gets pregnant that will cause loads of problems. That probably doesn't apply here.

I think if you are around the same age and take care not to get caught, just enjoy yourselves and don't worry about it. However I don't know anything about the legal position, so if someone who does know confirms that it is illegal then take notice of them.
Paul_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:05 PM   #8
Proud1p4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

It's 14 in all of Canada.. or at least last time i checked.
But a no one under 18 is allowed to have sex with someone over 18. (or vice versa depending on how you want to phrase it). It's a "protection clause" of sorts.. enable youth to legally experiment, while protecting them from pedophiles.

EDIT: oh, technically anal sex requires you to be 18. I don't really understand why.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:09 PM   #9
We are infinite.
Full Member
 
Miaplacidus's Avatar
 

Gender: Male
Orientation: Gayer than not
Out Status: Everyone who asks
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Age: 25
Posts: 5,113
Join Date: Feb 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

In Uruguay, the age of consent is 15 for both straight and gay sex.
__________________
O tempo não pára.
Miaplacidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:17 PM   #10
EC Addict
Full Member
 
Bryan's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: bestfriend & parents
Location: South Florida
Age: 23
Posts: 529
Join Date: Aug 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

Ticky-
I wouldn't recommend sex for you at 13, but what we say probably wont stop you. I know from AIM that you are beyond your years and very mature, just whatever you do, use protection.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:20 PM   #11
EC's Nu-Disco Walrus
Full Member
 
InaRut's Avatar
 

Gender: IRL Yaoi Character
Orientation: (。◕‿◕。)
Out Status: ㅎ_ㅎ
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Age: 25
Posts: 7,110
Join Date: Oct 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud1p4 View Post
It's 14 in all of Canada.. or at least last time i checked.
But a no one under 18 is allowed to have sex with someone over 18. (or vice versa depending on how you want to phrase it). It's a "protection clause" of sorts.. enable youth to legally experiment, while protecting them from pedophiles.

EDIT: oh, technically anal sex requires you to be 18. I don't really understand why.

Yea I always wondered that about anal sex? Then again the blood drive doesn't let male gays donate...Oh funny story...They called my house asking me if I was going to donate this year...I wanted to say, "No sorry I'm a homosexual." But I told them about my tattoo.

Personally though, I don't really like the idea of younger people having sex. 17, 16, (and maybe) 15 I would be okay with...but anything younger just doesn't seem to be right in my mind. Anyone else feel that way?
__________________
"The first duty of every Starfleet Officer is to the truth. Whether it's scientific truth, historical truth, or personal truth. It is the guiding principle to which Starfleet is based. If you can't find it within yourself, to tell the truth about what happened, then you don't deserve to where that uniform."
InaRut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:26 PM   #12
Urman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

Well i really wouldn't suggest it
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:55 PM   #13
Procrastination Queen
Full Member
 
ccdd's Avatar
 
Gender: Female
Orientation: Mostly gay
Out Status: Out to most family and friends. Partly out at work
Location: UK - Northern England
Posts: 1,094
Join Date: Nov 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

I know you're from the states but in the UK the age of consent is 16 for both heterosexuals and homosexuals. If one person is in a position of responsibility (ie a teacher, youth worker) over the other, then the one they are in this position of trust over must be over 18 (ie it is illegal for a teacher to sleep with their 17-year-old student, but it is legal for their classmate to). If one is over 18 and the younger 13-15 then the adult can get up to two years, under 13 life. Technically two people under 16 is illegal, but I don't believe these cases are usually prosecuted (see below), unless, I presume, one of them is very young.

There's a summary of UK consent law here (I don't know if this'll work)

http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmon...s/sexandthelaw

Note that here they comment that the purpose of the UK law is to catch predators, and that it "is not intended to be used to prosecute consensual teenage sexual behaviour". www.thesite.org is a very useful site for UK people about many things btw.

There's a link there for UK people should you want to or need to trawl through the actual full UK law from the 2003 sexual offences act at:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2003..._20030042_en_1

Only for UK people but helpful hopefully!!
ccdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 05:57 PM   #14
Procrastination Queen
Full Member
 
ccdd's Avatar
 
Gender: Female
Orientation: Mostly gay
Out Status: Out to most family and friends. Partly out at work
Location: UK - Northern England
Posts: 1,094
Join Date: Nov 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

Just a note, glancing through those under 18 can be prosecuted for sexual offences, but if you want the specifics, you'll have to read it yourself
ccdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 09:03 PM   #15
Kovax14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

in connecticut the age of consent is 13, but you can only have sex with people who are within two years of age (ie 13 and 15, 14 and 16, 15 and 17). Once you are 16 however you can consent to anyone, even those over 18 (this is lowered to an age of 15 if you have parental consent however)

Last edited by Kovax14; 12th Dec 2007 at 09:05 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 09:40 PM   #16
Urman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

Same with new york im almost 100% sure
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2007, 11:51 PM   #17
Banned
 
joeyconnick's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,330
Join Date: Apr 2005


Default Re: Underage Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud1p4 View Post
It's 14 in all of Canada.. or at least last time i checked.
But a no one under 18 is allowed to have sex with someone over 18. (or vice versa depending on how you want to phrase it). It's a "protection clause" of sorts.. enable youth to legally experiment, while protecting them from pedophiles.

EDIT: oh, technically anal sex requires you to be 18. I don't really understand why.
Actually, no, you're wrong... the age of consent in Canada is 14. Anyone 14 or up can have sex with anyone else 14 and up, no matter how up "up" is. The exception to that is if you're in a relationship with someone who is in a position of trust or authority with respect to you, or if you are in an "exploitative" relationship, in which case then you have to be 18 or up.

If you are 12 or 13, you can consent to sex with anyone older within 2 years, so 12 up to 14 and 13 up to 15.

How the 18 or up exception works is thusly: if you are say 16 you cannot consent to sex with anyone in a position of trust or authority over you. That means you can't consent to sex with someone 17, 18, 19, 20, etc... if that person is say your coach, your teacher, your tutor, your doctor, your dentist... (okay I'm not sure about dentist but I suspect that would a be a no-no). In those circumstances you would need to be 18 or older for the sex to be considered consensual. So technically an 18yo finishing Grade 12 could legally have sex with their teacher, although I don't expect that would go over very well at all.

However, the exception does not only apply to situations where the other person is older than you. That means that at 16 you can't consent to sex with someone 15 or 14 if for some (relatively weird) reason they were in a position of trust or authority over you. The most reasonable case I could think of would be if a 15yo were coaching a 16yo. So the 18 or up exception is not based on age but on power, which is sensible.

Anal sex is handled differently; anal sex in Canada is ALWAYS illegal, except in the following circumstances: the participants are married or both participants are 18 or over. So basically this means the age of consent for anal sex is effectively 18. However, the provisions governing the different age for consenting to anal sex have been struck down by the highest provicincial courts in Ontario, Quebec, and BC, so it is very, very unlikely you could get convicted of having anal sex illegally if both parties were 14 or up. It's just that a case where one or both of the parties were under 18 has never been before the Canadian Supreme Court so that the law can be struck down completely.

You'll notice the way the laws around anal sex are structured are very interesting and important symbolically: that it is ALWAYS illegal, except in certain circumstances, whereas "regular" sex is always legal, except for those under the age of 14, and in some specific cases for those under the age of 18. That's because anal sex is (considered by some to be) evil and dirty and used to be called whole different things like buggery and sodomy.

To make matters more confusing, Harper and his morons are proposing raising the age of consent (which they have conveniently renamed the age of "protection") to 16, with people 14 or 15 having a 5-year "window" of people with which they could have sex. That is, under the proposed new legislation, if you are 14, you could consent to sex with someone who is up to the age of 19 and if you were 15, you could consent to sex with someone who is up to the age of 20. Despite repeated calls, they have not shown any inclination to equalise the age of consent for anal sex during this attempt to change the "regular" age of consent (as was done in the UK a few years ago after over a decade of activism around the subject).

Why do I know all this in such excruciating detail? Because I wrote a paper on it about 5 months ago for a sociology course comparing the debates on changing the age of consent in Canada and the UK.
joeyconnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2007, 01:49 AM   #18
EC Addict
Full Member
 
surfrboykai's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Orientation: 90% gay; 10% bi
Out Status: Out to everyone
Location: Sunrise, FL
Age: 25
Posts: 689
Join Date: Aug 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

Quote:
I don't know. I think 18 is a good age. Because then your fully developed (or around there) and aware of your body more. Also if someone accidently starts watching you...then they don't go to jail
haha!
i never understood the whole "adult at 18!" thing. like, you don't just magically mature the second you turn 18. i'm 18, and i'm still way immature, dispite me helping to raise my brothers. some people take longer to mature, while others are maturity-wise adults.


Quote:
Yea I always wondered that about anal sex? Then again the blood drive doesn't let male gays donate...Oh funny story...They called my house asking me if I was going to donate this year...I wanted to say, "No sorry I'm a homosexual." But I told them about my tattoo.
haha. i work for walgreens (slavegreens!) and we always have the blood bus. they always ask me as i'm walkin in to punch in, and i always say "you don't want my blood. i'm bisexual and i've had anal sex with men!" and they never know what to say haha! but like, even so, i woudn't do it before work anyways. if i was a shopper, hellz yah i'd do it. but not before my shift.
__________________
Aloha nui loa!! Kai
surfrboykai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2007, 01:34 PM   #19
Proud1p4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Tournaments Won: 44

Default Re: Underage Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyconnick View Post
Actually, no, you're wrong... the age of consent in Canada is 14. Anyone 14 or up can have sex with anyone else 14 and up, no matter how up "up" is. The exception to that is if you're in a relationship with someone who is in a position of trust or authority with respect to you, or if you are in an "exploitative" relationship, in which case then you have to be 18 or up.
Yeah, what he said lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyconnick View Post
Anal sex is handled differently; anal sex in Canada is ALWAYS illegal, except in the following circumstances: the participants are married or both participants are 18 or over. So basically this means the age of consent for anal sex is effectively 18. However, the provisions governing the different age for consenting to anal sex have been struck down by the highest provicincial courts in Ontario, Quebec, and BC, so it is very, very unlikely you could get convicted of having anal sex illegally if both parties were 14 or up. It's just that a case where one or both of the parties were under 18 has never been before the Canadian Supreme Court so that the law can be struck down completely.
Really?! Wow, never knew that tidbit. Interesting. And upsetting at the same time.
I imagine in court they used equality violations argument in there somewhere. I hope it does eventually reach the Supreme Court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyconnick View Post
You'll notice the way the laws around anal sex are structured are very interesting and important symbolically: that it is ALWAYS illegal, except in certain circumstances, whereas "regular" sex is always legal, except for those under the age of 14, and in some specific cases for those under the age of 18. That's because anal sex is (considered by some to be) evil and dirty and used to be called whole different things like buggery and sodomy.
I'm no lawyer, but i'd imagine the law is quite fragile, and if it did ever reach Supreme Court it'd fracture quite easily. Then again, as you pointed out earlier, i've been wrong many times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyconnick View Post
To make matters more confusing, Harper and his morons are proposing raising the age of consent (which they have conveniently renamed the age of "protection") to 16, with people 14 or 15 having a 5-year "window" of people with which they could have sex. That is, under the proposed new legislation, if you are 14, you could consent to sex with someone who is up to the age of 19 and if you were 15, you could consent to sex with someone who is up to the age of 20. Despite repeated calls, they have not shown any inclination to equalise the age of consent for anal sex during this attempt to change the "regular" age of consent (as was done in the UK a few years ago after over a decade of activism around the subject).
Harper.
I should only have expected as much.

The law is fine as it is (with the exception that the law for anal sex should be lowered).
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2008, 01:37 AM   #20
EC Addict
Full Member
 
chrisb's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone
Location: Forest Grove, Oregon
Age: 28
Posts: 387
Join Date: Dec 2007


Default Re: Underage Sex?

13 seems so fricking young to me........i didnt even think about sex then haha well i did but not like i was gonna do it soon
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Underage Sex Anonymous Anonymous Discussions 14 14th Dec 2007 08:49 PM
Underage sex LowestVocal017 Chit Chat 15 8th Jul 2006 06:52 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright (c) 2004-2014, Empty Closets Community Services
the Empty Closets name and logo are registered trademarks of Empty Closets Community Services

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20