1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International Coming out day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by waitingsucks, Dec 12, 2007.

1. waitingsucks

I few months ago (October 13th) there was a National Coming Out day in America, and I was just thinking now It would be good if we could create one on EC, that would be more International. I think if I had a day set in the next year, It would be easier for me knowing heaps of other people were coming out too and were supportive of eachother. oh well that's just lazy me, Never do anything big by myself. lol

Anyway got a suggested date/Think its a good idea?

2. davo-man

Why don't we just keep it on the established day? As in on Oct 13th...Only prob i that Ive got a feeling in UK it's Oct 12th, but I might be wrong...Bit yeah, either one of those would prob be easiest to remember

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

its the 11th. here at least

4. Ty

Ty Guest

I thought it was the 11th aswell...

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We did have one "EC Coming Out Day" which just sort of happened with several people planning to come out around the same time agreeing on a specific date. We tried to repeat it but it didn't really happen.

People will come out when it's right for them and when the right circumstances present themselves. A set day may not be the right day for them.

We will note the official coming out days next year though. Perhaps we could call it an EC Coming Out Event spanning across all the official days and encourage members to come out anytime over that period whether or not it is their country's official day.

6. waitingsucks

Yeah I just was wondering if u can get the same stuff like "the coming out kit" in Australia. But I no a specific date doesn't suit every1, oh well. I have to know decide who I will come out to first