1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a green gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sadepeura, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Are you a green gay?

1. I'm a green gay man.

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I'm a green lesbian.

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. I'm a green bisexual.

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I'm a hippie, gay-friendly, straight person!

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. I'm queer and would like to be more environmental friendly but am not really.

23 vote(s)
    25.3%
  6. I'm a homosexual, but don't fall under this phenomenon.

18 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. I'm a queer capitalist.

10 vote(s)
    11.0%
  8. I am not a hippie!

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Sadepeura

Do you like to have fluffy animals as pets, eat vegetables and save the planet by recycling?

Do you have a small communist living inside you? Do you actively promote things that you believe in?

Is green left-wing activism a gay phenomenon or just a thing that some visible gay people like to participate in.

2. Rooni321

I guess I am quite green, always have been. I just never thought about it that way, it came naturally.
    Cool!

3. Sadepeura

This is really interesting! Because so many lesbians seem to be quite green. And now I'm sort of panicking because I am not very green, but try to. I still eat meat though and politically am more centre-right. How will I ever find a girlfriend?! :grin:

4. starfish

No. I drive a pick up truck and I firmly believe that cows were put on this planet for me to eat. If there is a recycle can I don't my stuff in it, but I don't go out of my way to recycle.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am. :slight_smile: I recycle everything, am in love with vegetables, ... Basically all that stuff. So yeah, I would say I am a green gay.

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I definitely am. My family recycles everything and we've rescued every pet we've ever had from a shelter. We aren't vegetarians or vegans though, but I'm really trying to get my family to eat less meat. I barely eat any as it is.

7. Gallatin

For the most part, yes. Like Kidd, my family has always been big fans of recycling. And we've also rescued all of our pets - some we adopted from shelters, others we took in off the street. We're also environmentally conscious when it comes to electricity and power consumption and such. About the only thing we're not green with is food - we like our meat. We eat a lot of vegetables as well, but most of our meals have some sort of meat in them.

8. Zontar

Disgusting pigdog, animal-hating, meat-eater here. Personally, I wouldn't eat anything green if it were deep-fried in chocolate. You'd think God would make vegetables more palatable if he really wanted us to eat them. Blech.

Other than that, I try to be environmentally conscious. I turn down the heat, recycle all I could, cut back on gas and shit like that. I just don't like being a wasteful person.

9. Mad Man L

I'm a bisexual libertarian. As such, I'm not really green. I turn off electrical appliances etc. when not in use and recycle for the most part. However, I'm not a vegetarian, can't stand 'Green politics' (I have a little anti-communist person living inside of me), and I don't have fluffy pets.

I hold firm in what I believe in, but it's not a 'green' agenda. I'm right fiscally and centre-left socially.

10. Rooni321

Oh that's just a stereotype, there's plently of meat eating lezzies out there!
    And I'm not sure how picky everyone is or if they won't date someone who's not as green.
    I know that I have never cared really as long as my partner never tries to put me down :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I eat meat and I don't recycle but I wish I could. They don't have a recycling truck where I live. I'm gay but my favorite food is steak. Oops!

12. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Queer Capitalist.

13. Porphyrogenitus

In some ways yes, in other ways definitely not... call me a moderate.

14. Vesper

I try, but there's room for improvement. I'm almost OCD about recycling, and I've recently begun to use more green cleaning products, but I still use too much electricity and water. I also can't give up meat entirely, because I have a tiny obsession with beef jerky, and my family would probably disapprove.

15. Aeon Magus

Hmm... hard to say. I recycle my refuse and keep my garden nice and green (Moohahaha, grow my pretties! :badgrin: )... but I also eat meat and fish. I drink bottled spring water (Valpré FTW!), but then... I can't save electricity, 'cause I'm here a lot, Haha! :smilewave

I'm somewhere in-between, I guess.

16. kem

kem

I'm sort of green. I'm a vegetarian and I walk, cycle and use public transport. I go to flea markets and second-hand stores and try to choose sustainable clothing but I fail at it. I guess I'm too picky!
    We don't sort trash at home though, and we throw an unnecessary amount of food away, mostly because my mom always makes too much food for me and I forget it in the fridge... I also fly at least 4 times a year so that's not ecological either.
    Politically I suppose I'm quite left and there's a not-so-small communist living inside of me.

#16 kem, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  17. Eric

I don't see how my views on economic policy affect how environmentally friendly I am. o_o
    That said, uhm, I usually recycle anything I can recycle, but it's not like I really make any conscious effort otherwise, so I wouldn't say I'm part of the 'green' movement. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: RESULTS, Y U HIDDEN? I wanted to see how many other people voted for the same thing as me. xD

18. Sadepeura

Oops, are the results hidden?! I must have ticked the wrong box! Could a moderator help and change it please?

19. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *Wields her amazing mod-powers* ^_^ All done.

N'aww, I have my own category :3 :love:

Yes, I think myself pretty green: I recycle all I can; turn off appliances at the wall when I'm not using them; turn off lights when I'm not in the room; prefer to have my room a little chilly and wear extra layers, but it's kind of difficult in shared accommodation blocks on University campus; and I turn off the shower when I don't actually need to wash off soap. Although I'm omnivorous, I don't eat a huge amount of meat, yay for student budgets! I was a good girl and left my car at home this year; I cycle or take the bus when I need to get off campus. When I do use my car during the holidays, I will only use it for journeys that are longer than 20 minutes to drive.

I'm also quite an active campaigner, being a member of a goodly number of environmental groups, I'm always emailing my MP when a group brings to my attention something horrific like a company trying to undermine overfishing laws and what not.

I've decided to dedicate my life to help with the research and development of renewable and sustainable energy production, starting off with getting an Engineering degree.

:grin:

20. Rinamir Mortem

Green? No, I am not green. I am a capitalist through and through.