1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NY Gay Bars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daisy1, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Daisy1

My friend is taking me to my first lesbian bars tomorrow night! Does anyone know goods ones in NYC? So far Cubby Hole is on the list, but we'd love to go to several.
    Thank you!

2. Katelynn

That's so awesome for you! I hope you have a wonderful time & that it's such a positve experience for you! Sadly, I don't live in the NYC area, but in cases like this Daisy, Google is a girl's best friend!!! I can't wait to hear how well it goes for you!

And on a side note, I gotta say, I'm just a little bit jealous too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Beertruck

My favorite gay bar is actually just across the Hudson. It's called Pint! Tends to be an older crowd - a bit more of a neighborhood beer bar with a gay clientele rather than the stereotypical club. But if this is your first time in the city, going to a gay bar, that's probably not what you want. XD

I've been actually dying to go with my lesbian friend over to this place called Boxers, which is essentially a gay sports bar - not trying to be stereotypical, I swear, neither of us give a shit about sports and are just interested in the entire concept of it! The only lesbian bar I know of is this place I pass every once in a while on the way to the train called Henrietta Hudson. Checked it out, does not look that sketchy, so... good luck! Hope you enjoy!

4. Rooni321

Yes tell us how it goes, I'm totally curious about what goes on in there :slight_smile:

5. Sadepeura

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help either. I've only been to NYC ones and I was 20, so the one time I was in a bar, I had to go and hide in a toilet for a bit... :grin: And it was just a normal boring straight bar. Next time, I'll be old enough and go somewhere more interesting! Please let us know how it went!

6. RedState

Oh I've been to Posh, Splash, Boxers, insert gay hotspot here, and whatever the name was of the last bar I went to...they are all about the same...all were good.

There are so many gay spots in NYC I think it would be hard to find "the best" spot. Actually, one of the first gay bars I ever went to was in some bricked basement in lower Manhattan...I was so nervous

But I sure did have fun trying to find out what was the best place :slight_smile:

#6 RedState, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  7. Falling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've never actually been to one either but have fun!!!

8. Daisy1

Thanks, everyone! I will let you know how it goes. I'm really excited!

Since I'm nervous, I'm getting hung up on the details. My friend is straight, and I don't want everyone to think I am too. I'm on the fem end of the spectrum (but not super fem), and I'll probably be wearing skinny jeans, boots, and a sweater. Does that sound ok? Will people be able to tell I'm gay? (Obviously the choice of bars is a hint.) If not, how can I make it more clear?

9. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dasy1 I'm not an expert but you don't have to look the part to go to a gay bar! Your outfit sounds fine and I'm sure you'll have the ladies line up for based on your post you seem to have a great personality and I'm sure it will shine through any outfit you have on! Just remember to be yourself and everything will fall into place! If I was in NY and at the same bar I would ask you out for sure! Have a good time!

10. Beertruck

Dress as though you'd be going out to a regular night on the town! If you walk into a lesbian bar, they'll assume you're there because you're either a lesbian or won't freak out if someone hits on you. And like the poster above me said, make sure to have fun!

11. needshelp

where's pint at for future references?

12. Beertruck

Pint is located in beautiful downtown Jersey City, NJ.

13. needshelp

oh, alright. it looks like it's very easy to get to too. that's what's up. can't hit that up yet though.