1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreadlocks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hippiemom, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Hippiemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all
    So I recently did dreadlocks in my hair. I am 41 yrs old and live in a fairly right-wing Canadian community. I don't think this is my imagination, but I am SURE that more women are totally checking me out since dreading my hair!!! I am lovin' it! lol

Has anyone else experienced this?

Do you automatically think a woman is bi or gay if she wears dreads?

Thanks for your input. My husband thinks it's hilarious that I now sport dreads. He already figured I was nuts, but this kind of proves it in his opinion. LOL :icon_bigg

2. Aeon Magus

I didn't dread my hair, I dyed my hair black with blue streaks, which made people turn heads. I think, in my case, it was because the colours were unusual (though I totally like getting that "That's unusual :confused:" reaction from people :grin: ), or maybe it was the white contact lenses I wore at the time.
    When people see something new/unusual to them, they tend to take another glance. It's not something they see everyday.

Dread your husband's hair in his sleep, he won't think it's funny, then. :lol:

3. Rooni321

I don't automatically think 'oh yeah, dreadlocks, GAY' but I guess there are quite a few lesbians/bisexuals involved in a green type lifestyle which can be connected to dreads if you really think about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And there is a girl on the Real L Word with dreadlocks

4. Markio

If you're white and you have dreads, people probably believe you are open-minded or liberal. I don't know about being considered bi or gay, though.

My oldest brother had dreads for awhile.

5. Hippiemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rooni321
    Re: your avatar
    Is that the girl from Lost? If so, she is actually from our next town over! LOL None of us could believe it, talk about Small Town Girl Makes Good! And from a Canadian Small Town, yet! LOL

6. Rooni321

Actually that's Megan Fox, but I'm sure that Lost girl is pretty too. What's her name? :slight_smile:
    And I've noticed that A LOT of celebrities come from Canada, you all have talent over there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Hippiemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL omg of COURSE it is Megan Fox! But you have to admit, she does look a little, teensy bit like the amazing girl from Lost... and you're right, we have TONS of talent here! Amazing comedians from Canuckville for sure.

cheers

8. Hippiemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL omg of COURSE it is Megan Fox! But you have to admit, she does look a little, teensy bit like the amazing girl from Lost... and you're right, we have TONS of talent here! Amazing comedians from Canuckville for sure.

cheers

9. Daisy1

I tend to associate dreadlocks with lesbians. Lesbians or hippies I guess :slight_smile:

10. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    interesting! haha. i never really though about dreads being an identifying characteristic that might push more people into thinking i'm gay at first glance. but that's nice to know :slight_smile:

i agree with what some of you said; that it really depends on the face/person if they fit (hopefully I fit that category!). and they have to be done right and kept clean. but i love them when it'd done right :slight_smile: i think they can be super sexy. i've been dreading for over a year now...hopefully I find a girl that thinks they're sexy as well! haha

11. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that a woman with dreads is automatically gay, she's just more interesting for me somehow... and women with dreads can be really attractive tho :icon_bigg

12. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure, but dreadlocks are pretty attractive to me. >.>

13. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have never associated women with dreads to be gay. Interesting now that I read about it here. Anyways, I don't like them on women or men (this coming from a guy who at one time had long hair past the midway point of his back).