1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to a gay restaurant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omgnoway, Nov 26, 2011.

1. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

So I went to a gay restaurant with my friend. We got there, the food was delicious except for one thing the server was gay and he kept on flirting/hitting on me. I'm 16 my friend she is also 16 too. The server I assume was probably in his late 30s early 40s. So anyway he kept on winking at me, smiling, and talking in a creepy way. He also called us "ladies". Uh.. I'm a dude. The food was good. Other than that it was awkward for me getting hit on by an old man.

Comments suggestions advice?

#1 omgnoway, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  2. Rooni321

1) Those exist?!?! Gay restaurants really???

2) Attitude is key, just act uninterested or snotty or do something really unattractive. Haha
    he might have also been trying to get a good tip. Waiters are crafty these days!

3. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

Yes! There are gay restaurants! They are usually next to g bars or clubs or like a gay district.

But yeah I did act uninterested and he might've acted like that for a better tip. But dude you're like 30 years older than me haha

4. Valley Cactus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

My thinking exactly.. No idea they existed, haha. That's really gross.. If you go back there try and make sure you get a different server. Or tip him with a piece of paper with a random phone number on it.

5. Mimerio

Gay restaurants? Sounds fun :slight_smile: Would love to try it one day

6. kellymporta

Well, as long as you go with other friends you won't have to worry about that waiter trying to hit on you.

:lol: I would really feel offended that someone thinks I'm a lady just because I'm gay.:tantrum:

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Gay restraunts!?? cool!!! Makes sense though being in a "Gay" area.

8. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Lol am I the only one who knew about them? Apparently there are a bunch in Midtown Atlanta.

9. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

Yeah exactly. I was going to say excuse me? because he would say it more than once. But I didn't. I'm a dude man.

10. Noir

Yay! Gay restaurant! xD I've had the same thing happen to me about two years ago...it was creepy, but I agree--just act completely uninterested. Eventually, he'll go away (if not until after you pay your bill).

11. RedState

Well, I wouldn't be too creeped out about it...the dude was probably fishing for a good tip. Look at it this way...when mid-aged men go to a Hooters, do you think the waitresses there flirt with them because they want to get in their pants? No...they are hoping to add a little more percentage to their bottom line.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never heard of a gay restaurant either. Sounds like fun though. :slight_smile:

13. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

But hitting on a 16 y/o..? Cmon isnt that illegal lol

14. Rooni321

HA! I know exactly what you mean, old men always hit on me. Its weird, actually a lot of old people do. I don't look my age either though, I'm not sure if you do or not but that can be why older guys hit on you and I. Its gross.

15. omgnoway

omgnoway Guest

you're a female it's different lol. you get hit on a lot probs

16. Rooni321

That's true. But getting hit on by old people is not fun either way

17. crazyhead

Whenever you go someplace and the people who work there are flirting with you, it's just to be friendly so they can get your service again and/or get a good tip. I don't see any reason not to play along with it until they give you their phone number. Or ask for yours. Even then, there's no reason to do anything other than politely say you're not interested. Unless he (in the unlikely case) he stalks you. Then call the police.

And no. As far as I know, flirting with someone underage is not illegal. Just trying to have sex with them is.

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's actually a chain of them - Hamburger Mary's.

[​IMG]

It's campy and fun, and even my rather conservative brother has no problem bringing his wife and five-year-old daughter there. There's a place nearby that has Drag Queen Brunch and so forth.

As far as the flirting goes, you can easily put an end to it. If he calls you ladies, just roll your eyes and say "Well, this 'lady' is going to have the cheeseburger." They're used to dealing with people, and will pick up on the hint that you're not interested in anything like that.

Lex

19. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe not a restaurant per se, but when I was in Toronto I very much enjoyed the Gay Pubs I went to for Supper. The only gay licensed establishment I've been to before are the dirty dance clubs in my city.

20. J Snow

I have never really heard of gay restaurants... This pleases me.