1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only person where EVERYONE is ok with it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blkrsn, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other day, while my sister was over, we were watching stuff on TV, and someone said, "We're Queer! We're Here! Get used to it!"

well, she laughed and looked at me and said,

"Well, I'm Straight! Its Great! Get used to it!"

I burst out laughing so hard I nearly fell ff the couch.

After coming out of the closet, I've had to put up with a lot more Gay jokes at my expense, but its ok, because the family I come from is like that, we tease each other all the time. Usually after that I respond, "Yeah well, Girls are cuter anyway." and one of my sisters would reply, "Yes we are!"

But... I have been reading so many stories so far on EC where people have not gotten a good response...

I even got a good response from my Type A, Christian, Nana... who literally hates everything...

I have not come across a single person who hasn't been ok with the fact that I am gay. But, I have not seen one article where someone else's family was ok with it...

Everyone either knew already, or are completely fine. My mother was a little shocked, but now she's fine with it... in fact, she has told EVERY SINGLE PERSON WILLING TO LISTEN. Apparently all of her work place knows, as well as all my extended family, all that is left if to come out to the rest of the world...

I feel so bad for everyone else, and I honestly wish there was something I could do to help you, as for people waiting to come out, I wish you have this easy of a time coming out as well.

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so glad people took it well for you :grin: I love your sister! XD

3. Rooni321

Ditto. Everyone has been cool with it so far!

<3

4. crazyhead

Congratulations. I also had a good response from my friends and family. I run into the occasional idiot, but it's not a big deal. Even my boyfriend's Christian parents are okay with it and have mentioned the possibility of us getting married and having kids in the future.

5. needshelp

well yeah.

6. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! I was starting to think I was an outcast even in the LGBT society.

7. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wish my family was like yours, my mom actually was this close from an all caps rage just from seeing a 'love takes courage' gay billboard, and my dad says he just trys to remember lgbt used to be people. my parents are the best! (loooots of sarcasm)

8. FoxFire11

im really fortunate the people Ive told have been really cool, and of course my friends have been dropping a lot more (perhaps too many :slight_smile: ) gay jokes.

9. Colton

Lol everyone I've told has been perfectly fine with this :slight_smile:

10. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm honestly surprised myself at my parents reactions XD I thought my Dad was going to start hating me... but his response was not an ALL CAPS RAGE but 'I already knew that.' To tell you the truth, even though it was a great answer, it was a bit of a 'disappointment' since I thought it was going to be much more dramatic. But in the end, it was my Mom who had more trouble accepting then my Dad XD

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have yet to have a single person react badly to it. My dad was a bit disbelieving at first, but since then, he has been okay with it. All of my friends, classmates who know, relatives who know, etc. have all been okay with it. It has reached the point where I don't think twice when telling people because I can't fathom the idea of someone reacting badly. I'm extremely lucky in that regard, and I wish we could all be so fortunate.

12. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Everyone who matters has been ok with it.

13. Zontar

Well, I've been fortunate enough that the worst my parents have done was sweep it under the rug.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only negative reactions I got were people I hardly knew, so they don't matter.

Lex

15. Vesper

I've gotten nothing but positive responses from people I've told. My parents don't know yet, so that remains to be seen.

16. Mad Man L

I haven't got any negative responses. Most of the responses have either been positive, or sometimes neutral. This being said, I haven't told any of my family, and they're the people who will most likely think negatively of it.

17. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

It's great that your family took it well. Actually my parents took it well too C: My dad even asked me one day: What about your boy? (meaning how was he and what's new) haha actually his expresion was in spanish and it was like: y tu morrito?
    LOL it sounded weird when he asked me but I love how he wanted to know how was my relationship.