1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nanoman, Dec 13, 2007.

1. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ...infatuation? How do you deal with your feelings for someone who doesn't feel the same way for you?

I'm really wondering.

2. Kimi

Hmm...I don't know...lol

I never really thought about it...It's what I do all the time so maybe I got used to it...which is just sad:icon_sad:

Telling about it to other helps bit I guess. But the best way would be tell him/her your feelings. Whatever the reaction, it will help you in same way.

Are you talking about like crush, right? Hmm...I got confused now:rolleyes:

3. Bryan

Its tough, sadly, I have no answer for you. Maybe try to find someone else.

4. lodiug

yeah...some pain and some tears but eventually I get over it.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

if it's never going to work, try reminding yourself constantly of their bad points. encourage yourself to consider other people. but, yes, it is hard :frowning2:

6. InaRut

Wow, it's like heartbreak day on EC. Hahhaha

Well...If you can't be lovers then be a really great friend. Just because you care for a person, doesn't mean that you have to be his boyfriend/girlfriend.

7. Level N Human

:tears: is how I "deal" with it.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You have to realize that infatuation is temporary. Love, although not always permanent, lasts much much longer. So if it really is just infatuation then most likely you are going to get over it as soon as the next person comes along that sweeps you off your feet.

9. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea, you're absolutely right. That's what I figured when I realized that I was just infatuated.

I've done that as well, tried to be pragmatic about it.

Although this hasn't happened to me; what do you do if you really connect with someone, but they can't reciprocate?

10. Psychedelic Bookmarks

as in, they for some reason can't be with you, although they love you back?

that is an evil situation. but one that many have faced over the centuries. shucks that's too difficult for me to say :frowning2:

11. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

Infatuation's evil =[ i always suffer from it

12. I just stand outside their window as the sun is going down and recite shakespearean poetry whilst tap dancing and playing the violin, that usually gets them on my side lol.

on a serious note though, i don't really know, its a horrible situation but i suppose you just have to try and get on with things.....

13. Daniel

I am a former Compulsive Overeater. Basically eating disorders with either overeating or not eating.

Then I used to turn to alcohol, and now just settle for making a pot of tea and drinking it myself.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three main points.

* Minimize contact. It's hard to get over someone when they're right in front of you all the time.
    * Stay busy, stay active. Don't wait for something to come fill the void - go out there and fill it yourself.
    * Patience. You won't get over him/her in an hour, or a day. Probably not a week, either. But keep at it. Keep your attentions on what you're doing, not "am I over him yet?"

Lex

15. Hoppip

I make myself feel good, because I don't really need someone clinging on my all the time. I just reassure myself that I'm good enough, they're missing out, and I have better things to do.

It's easier said then done, though. :[

16. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I agree with the points on here, especially Becky's and Lexington's.

I've been infatuated with so many people over my life now - some of them VERY strong - that I now know that they WILL go away if I try and distance myself from the person, distract myself, and wait long enough. I now have confidence that they can and will go eventually, so I don't beat myself up about them so much anymore, even though they can be VERY strong and VERY intense, and take up every waking minute.

I've also been in what I would call proper love before, after a relationship of many many years, and when that failed, it was actually a very different kind of painful - I still have the scars from that and think I always will, whereas the scars from my infatuations are only self esteem ones :slight_smile:.

17. Malchik89

Yeah, infatuation is also especially hard because even after so much work and getting so close to getting over this person, they do something to just make all that work go away. And it could be the smallest thing too, whether it be pay you a compliment. It could also be as severe as just taking one glance at them. It is a very hard process, sometimes ive believed the only way out of it is to just forget that person exists. Like in order for the feelings to go away, they would have to go away, and thats never ever fun.

18. Tim

Tim

Becky pretty much summed it up. I used to eat a lot in response, but I don't anymore, I've learned from my mistakes, just make sure you don't go down that path, or you'll end up overweight like me >_<

It will fade overtime, but some are harder then others to let go.

19. Mmmike

Yeah, i agree with what everyone else has said.'
    just try to stay good friends. Be happy for what you have.

Music helps me too. :]

20. grapevine fires

I just sort of forget about them.. although there is one that I can't, but there's a very long story of her continually coming to me when she wanted someone.. which drove me mad since I couldn't have her because she just wanted friends with benefits and I wanted a relationship.

Haha, that didn't really help. Just find things to distract yourself from them. Go hang out with other people and maybe develop a new crush :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: