1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by firemaker13, Nov 27, 2011.

1. firemaker13

Why some female despise the color pink and everything about pink and others have the whole apartment in pink.

2. Veronica

I have a love/hate relationship with pink.

I hate the whole "OMG pink, so cute" thing that they constantly push on little girls. I also can't stand the obsession some women get with one colour. Like buying all clothes in one bright colour being it pink or purple or whatever.

But then, pink is a nice colour too. I love the combination pink and black. High contrast that works really well in design. I've done quite a bit of graphic design and pink is an awesome colour when used well.

3. Hazel

Why do some guys like [stereotypical masculine thing] and others hate it? I think it boils down to personal tastes and how people react to being told that this thing represents that gender.

I'm pretty neutral on it, myself.

4. Veronica

5. Katelynn

I like the colour pink & I always have, Ive just always been afraid to say so. Honestly, as much as I like pink, I dont love it. I have a couple of things I wear that are pink & they are awesome, but if I was surrounded by pink everyday, I dont think I could handle that. Purple is such a better colour on me, I LOVE purple so much & I could totally live with purple everywhere!!!

6. Mimerio

I don't get it myself what the big deal is, Pink is a colour, sure it seems feminine and girly, but I don't mind it, I prefer purple though as it's more fashionable, i've got 2 cardiagans somewhere in my wardrobe, may post a picture online next time :slight_smile:

7. Veronica

Funny thing pink used to be boy's colour. Blue was the girly colour. It's a strange thing really. A complete swap. Victorian women wore blue dresses, never pink.

I have one pink sweater. That's about it. I too prefer purple. But mostly I like jeans + something black. Regardless of what gender I'm presenting as.

8. Mr.Pushover

It's just a color, really. The preference changes with the person.

9. Aya McCabre

It's sad how pink is so strongly associated with female. My friend has a son whose favourite colour is pink. One day he came home from kindy saying he doesn't like pink anymore because only girls are allowed to like pink. He's four. It broke my heart....

10. Just Passing

Pink is a feminine colour, but liking it isn't a bad thing really.

11. Vesper

What Veronica said. I hate that pink is pushed on little girls and (to some extent) women, but it is a lovely color. I guess some women hate pink precisely because they are reacting against it being forced on them in everything from clothing to toys.

12. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

Completely agreed c: I now repel pink things probably because of this. I don't mind it, but it has never been my favourite cololur. Nothing will ever top red. :lol:

13. Friendly ghost

I can understand rebelling on it a lot. It is forced upon females.

Yes we do, but toys are hilarious anymore. Most are so gender directed, and seem so manipulative. They make toys like they are training women to be housewives and boys to do construction or some sort of job.

14. Pilgrim is hot

tbh it's just another colour, for some reason a lot of macho guys seem to fear it lol but a shocking pink smart shirt with a jet black tie looks amazing :grin: oh and deffo agree with those who like purple as it looks ace