1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Females and their gay friend. It fits so well..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Friendly ghost, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Friendly ghost

I am amazed at how females like gay guys so much. It's crazy. But I have a group of friends who all know, and always want to hang out with me, mind you its 6 or 7 girls. They are fun and nerdy too, but its amazing how our friendship grew after coming out. Its probably because we hung out more, but I was only good friends with 1. The rest still always wanted me to come.

Its becoming a good group though. I like to go out with them, and when we do I become the entire groups boyfriend when needed. lol. We are going to a gay club this weekend to, and hopefully that won't be awkward but they want to introduce me to people. And we all went to the Rennasaince festival, lol we are nerds.

Anyone else have anything like this? I'm not even feminine, not masculine either though.

2. pronua

Sounds like fun! Hopefully girls will want to hang out with me more when I come out.

3. Friendly ghost

Well, I know I at least feel more comfortable around them. When they know I no longer feel like I have to not be perverted but act like a guy i guess... I don't know I was awkward. am awkward. But yeah, plus they are easy to come out to, just to let you know. Unless they are religious or narrow minded in general, they are usually cool with it.

4. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

When I told one of my friends that I was gay she was like "Ohhh really?, Yes I knew it :grin:... Yey that´s great" and I was like "why are you like this?" and she said: I don't know, I guess is because I don't have any other gay friend and it's great you are my gay friend yay.
    LOL

5. Danny19

i am the same. They arent all in the same group but i have more girl friends than guy friends. I have 2 that i became super close to after i came out. and i have 2 other ones that i was already friends with. then i have 2 other ones. and then theres the friends that i like but i dont hang out with type of thing. lol. im not feminine either. or too masculine. Some people even think they are my girlfriends. For example, i go to the gym with 2 of them. And this guy started checking my friend out for a few times. and he didnt talk to her until the day i didnt go because he thought i would get mad because he thought i was her boyfriend. i laughed because he thought i went out with one and just flirted with the other. but i wouldnt even flirt. I think it was because i would call one honey, and the other baby. lol.

6. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i have mostly guy friends, but i get along with girls better, it would seem. one of my lady friends is just so sweet and supportive towards me :slight_smile:. in my opinion since girls know us gay men dont have interest in them sexually they can let their guards down and not have to worry about being hit on or anything of that nature. or something like that but worded better,lol.

7. Mad Man L

Despite being bi, I think the same thing applies to me. I'm quite close with some of my female friends, and I just feel less awkward around them. It's partly because my group of male friends are the kind of people who will be living with their hand until age 45 (i.e. they lack social skills, and women avoid them), and some of them are just dickheads.

But my female friends and I just talk about stuff, like hot guys, stuff going on in the world, and all that. They understand that I'm (probably) not going to hit on them. Well, it's just as likely as me hitting on one of my guy friends, and that's not terribly high.

8. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    haha so true, first person i told was this girl ive been close with for the longest time...and after maybe 20 minutes of getting the initial "coming out" talk out of the way...all she had to say was "yay i finally have a gay best friend"...shes such a bitch but i love her lol i dont know but i just tend to make friends with girls easier too

9. Beertruck

It always bothered me how some ladies are suddenly very happy they have a gay friend. Like, what, I wasn't interesting enough before when you thought I was straight? Or are you just projecting those stereotypes onto me?

10. Paper Heart

I've personally never felt like that. I always assume that my friends appreciated me more post-coming out as I was more comfortable with myself.

11. Friendly ghost

I agree a little bit, some girls are really bad at that. But usually, I don't even care, they are sometimes surprised that it doesn't always fit, but I enjoy being able to be much closer to them, since they know I am not trying to get their pants off.

12. caughtbywitness

My friends love it xD I still have a mixture, although predominantly girls :slight_smile:

I have great taste in guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Sadepeura

It's probably also because then they don't have to worry that you might have a crush on them or the other way around? You can just relax when you're hanging out because you both/all like boys. :grin:

My cousin was telling me once how she wants to have a "gay best friend" to go shopping with. I was speechless. :grin: I'm not out to her though. And I don't understand why people should have a "gay best friend" these days. I've never even had a "best friend". I refer to some of my best friends as my best friends though, so that people understand that they are a very close friend, but I've never had just one "bff". But suddenly there's this concept of a "gay best friend". I find it quite sickening because sexual orientation shouldn't really be a reason to be friends with someone. :grin: But it does remove the awful worry about someone possibly having a crush on you, if you've just getting to know to someone. Obviously after you know someone well it's not there regardless of sexual orientation.

I have some female friends who have been very excited about me after I've come out to them too. Maybe gays are in fashion? We're cool!