1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to vogue xD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beachboi92, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Beachboi92

Here is the jist of things. I am in an acting class that is requiring me to learn a new skill. I decided i wanted to learn some form of dance (well the basics at least) and after some thought decided i would love to learn to vogue xD i've been looking at a lot of videos to figure out the differences between new age and old voguing and how to duck walk, dip, and death drop. However i am still stuck with the death drops and dips in that i can't figure out how to position my leg and mostly my foot i drop/dip on. I feel like i need to have the toe pointed back under me but often times feel like i cant get it to that position without hurting myself as i seem to be resting on the ball of that foot a lot. Also i'm having trouble finding videos that teach hand motion. I've been doing a lot of it by just watching and imitating but i'd like to see some stuff more broken down (for example some hand illusions). I only found one example of one online and am having a lot of trouble finding how to videos.

So far i've watch mahalo's how to vids and leggo's voguing 101. They have been helpful but like i said i'm still a little iffy on how to drop and dip and i feel like i haven't gotten great vids for doing some of the assorted hand motions. I figured what better site to ask questions about voguing than one full of gay people xD Any tips, advice, help, how to steps, or videos the users of EC could bestow upon me would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Silver Sparrow

I don't really have any tips, since I don't vogue. However, the secret to a lot of dancing/ movement skills is balance and flexibility.
    For balance, try doing some of your moves on a trampoline or going ice skating. It will get your balance so awesome, your moves will seem easy in comparison.
    For flexibility, just make sure you're stretching properly, and keep on a routine.
    Good luck!