1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who/what made you think "huh, I might be gay / bi / trans"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SomethingSimple, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SomethingSimple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I hope this is an acceptable thread. If not plz kill it!

The aim of the thread is to be a FUN thread. Post a pic of the first celeb you were attracted to that made you stop and think "oh I might be <insert orientation>".

(The point of using a celeb is so no one posts personal pictures - plz DO NOT DO THIS!)

If you dont have a celeb, but a story and want to share, plz tell it. Lets focus on the fun / exciting part of it, if we can, rather than all the other reasons we are members of this forum (doubts, coming out, hard times, etc).

MINE!
    Shane, the L word:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pash from Whip it (those freckles!):
    [​IMG]

Who's your celeb crush / person who made you realise you were batting for the other team / every team!

2. Mimerio

I didn't have a celeb crush, but I do have a story, it's on my blog :slight_smile: but it just came to me that i was gay, no one in general

3. crazyhead

After a while, it just occurred to me that most straight guys probably do not enjoy the same "internet cinematic material" that I had been.

4. Pilgrim is hot

I guess kinda funny story of when I first knew I was different to the other guys.

When I was about 13-14 years old I coach trip around a few countries in europe with a load of other kids from school and were on the way back. So far it had been a blast, we didn't stay at hotels, just slept on the coach full of 30+ kids mucking about.

Now towards the end of the trip one of the guys (thinking back he was quite cute) randomly sat on my lap as a joke as he was saying I was enjoying it, bear in mind this was with about 20-30+ minutes left till we returned home. I never protested or moved and tbh I really enjoyed it :icon_bigg he kept this up along with the joke until my thighs started to go numb and I told him to stop messing around :tantrum: but yeah that trip was totally awesome :icon_bigg

Thinking back that is the first thing outside my head that let me know I was different to the other guys, don't know how funny it was but makes me laugh.

Oh and in terms of celebs who I first liked main two are:

Ryan Reynolds

[​IMG]

Micheal Cera

[​IMG]

5. Silver Sparrow

Lauren Lopez: [​IMG]
    Darren Criss (Best image I could find) [​IMG]

6. Rooni321

Hmm..no celebs.
    BUT the moment I thought I might be gay is when YouTube channel LesbianAnswers explained the difference between bisexuals and lesbians.
    Boy did THAT hit me.
    I had a strong attraction towards girls and had a huge obsessive crush on this one girl before I thought 'dude..I'm so gay now'.
    Ahhh memories :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a kid I was mostly friends with boys. I started secondary school and was suddenly in an all-girls environment, and found my first female best friend within a few months. It was the first time I'd had an intimate, affectionate friendship with a girl, and it was just around the time hormones were starting to kick in, age 13ish. I refused to admit it even to myself, and tried to convince myself that my desire to be close to her and affectionate with her physically was just how best friendship with a girl worked, but the dreams I was having about her were certainly not platonic.

8. needshelp

well, okay. i don't remember exactly the first celeb but i'll post a few tv personalities i had crushes on that helped me along the way realize that i wasn't straight.

tommy from power rangers

[​IMG]

danny from road rules xtreme

[​IMG]

there's more to that celeb list but either i forgot about them or don't feel like posting them. the rest of them are everyday people. all i know is that all the guy crushes and little to no girl crushes amongst other things from the past 2 decades of my life pretty much made me question my straight card. a good looking girl doesn't have the same effect on me as a hot guy does. :thumbsup:

#8 needshelp, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  9. Daisy1

I totally remember the moment. I was in 7th grade and seeing Ricky Martin in concert. He had these sexy female backup dancers and I couldn't stop staring at them. I literally thought to myself: "oh my gosh, am I gay?"

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2011 at 09:59 PM ----------

PS. @ SomethingSimple So you're a Shane, girl? I'm much more Helena/Dana/Marina

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My answer is pretty boring actually because honestly, I never had an "AH-HAH!" moment with regard to my sexuality. I just kind of always knew. For the longest time I was under the impression that in order to be with a guy, I'd have to become a girl (an idea that, between the ages of about 7 or 8 all the way through age 13 or so, I was totally okay with).

For the sake of entertainment, I knew I was different when I discovered that I was the only boy I knew who would dress up as the Disney Villianesses (particularly Maleficent and Cruella DeVil). I was a total Drag Queen as a child. :lol:

But I learned what gay was when Titanic came out and my babysitter's daughter was carrying on about how hot Leonardo Dicaprio was, and I agreed with her. I was in like, second or third grade when I discovered this... That and the same girl used to dress up as the Spice Girls with me. She always called Posh Spice first, so I'd usually be Ginger Spice. xD

11. starfish

Oh I remember the picture. It is just not appropriate to post here.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any pictures, but I have a story.
    My friend, who we will call alice, posted a video on facebook about gay rights and asked people to put their opinions in the comments so she could use it for a class. My youth director put some not so nice comments (I won't go into it here). I began to research LGBT issues and then realized that I myself was somewhere on the LGBT spectrum.

13. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this greek guy in my spanish class was taking of his sweater and part of his shirt went up and he had these gorgeous abs, and i was like "yeah i might be gay"

14. J Snow

No celeb. I've never really had much of a celeb crush on someone of either sex. The earliest media example I can think of were actually the episodes of pokemon where ash dresses as a girl to fight the plant gym leader, and the fairly odd parents where Timmy wishes to be a girl to sneak into some party or something. I remember having a weird tingly feeling wishing I could be put in those situations.

The first real thing that ever happened to me that made me feel queer I suppose was when I started pretending to be a girl in chat rooms. I was about 12 or 13 and although I was often engaging in "cyber sex" with men, I didn't really come to the conclusion I was gay then. I hadn't even gone through puberty, and I knew at the time I just liked the feeling of someone out there thinking I was a girl.

15. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I had a strange obsession with pictures of shirtless guys in my coloring books. XD

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I didn't realize it at the time, but I've had a celebrity crush on Brad Pitt ever since I saw Se7en when I was six or so (yeah, my parents let my sister and I watch movies like that when we were kids, lol).

Random pic from Se7en:
    [​IMG]

As far as when I first knew that I might be anything but straight, it was really in the back of mind since I was 11-12. I knew I was at least bisexual at that point. It wasn't till I was 16 or so that it came to the forefront..
    I was setting up my alto sax for a Homecoming Pep Rally and this freshman I knew from being a student aid jokingly asked, "*My name*, why don't you love me?" (kind of an inside joke from class).
    Without even thinking about it I said "Of course I don't love you, silly. I love *best (guy) friend's name*." And then I was like :0 Oh my god did I just say that OUT LOUD?.

From that point on I really couldn't deny it to myself or keep it in the back of my mind anymore. I basically outed myself, to myself, lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Luckily my friends didn't hear it though).

17. Sadepeura

I didn't realise it at the time but when I was in primary and secondary school I used to really like this girl on TV:

[​IMG]
    Venla Saartamo

It didn't hit me though before I had a crush on my best friend when I was 17.

Around that time I also used to really like Alexis Bledel:

[​IMG]

Oh, yes, I'm definitely gay.

18. xXPsychedelicXx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^

While my younger sister had pictures of Zac Efron, I had pictures of Vanessa. Hey, don't judge. She's sexy. :lol:

19. caughtbywitness

Avpm!

20. SomethingSimple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    [​IMG]

So many great answers!

Can you post that lesbian vs bi video?