1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you giving for the hollidays?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 11 11 11, Nov 30, 2011.

1. 11 11 11

Partner to the other thread.

Basically....exactly what it says on the title XD

I'm making my sister a replica wand from the Harry Potter series. She's a fan of Sirius black, so I'm crafting one out of boxwood, and I've got a fibre-optic penlight to hide inside so she can actually use it to illuminate things. :lol: She's going to love it.

For my parents well.....my Dad said all he wants is for his son to be happy again - but I can barley package my mental state, neither am I going to try and make myself happy just because that's what he's asked for.

So he get's a DVD of Inception - which he loved (so did I) - and my mother gets a .mac subscription for her new iMac she won't stop going on about.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, my Mom and I are giving Dad something he's wanted for... his whole life: An arcade table (mini) with games, including Centipede.

And I forgot what I'm giving my brother and sister XP

3. Aielar

My brother is getting a bunch of canuck stuff I found at various stores, and my mom is getting some fancy notebooks she likes :3

Ps: I think it's cool you are making a wand :grin:

4. Mogget

I'll be getting most of my friends and family books, but I might give one of my friends Season One of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Because she needs to watch it. And, if you haven't, you do too.

5. kellymporta

I really want to get my dad one of those wrist watches that comes with a heart rate monitor because he had a heart intervention last year. I wanted to give him the watch for his birthday, but I had to buy him a fountain pen instead because I couldn't find the damn watch.

6. Vesper

My dad's getting a tennis jacket, and my mom's getting two bags of coffee plus a scarf.

7. Porphyrogenitus

Mum wants some perfume; Dad's getting a boxset of Charlie Chan movies he's wanted for a while; one sister is getting some socks made out of possum wool for when she goes to Antarctica. No idea about the other sister yet...

8. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Everyone's getting my presence (not presents) this year because I'm a strapped-for-cash college student. And maybe, just maybe, one lucky Ben will get me, all of me. :wink:

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom and I are getting my dad an electric turkey fryer that you can use inside.

I have no idea what I'm getting my mom..

10. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I think I'll probs get my neice a stuffed animal or something. She's only 1 1/2 so I think she'll like it.

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I got my twin as my secret santa so getting his wish list.

12. Rooni321

I'll probably be giving away my culinary perfections, AKA: cupcakes, pies, cake pops that I've made with love and holiday spirit!
    <3

That show is amazing.
    She is going to love you FOREVER!

13. ChutneyFarmer

BOOKS!!!
    Partly t spread the magical gift of reading and learning, but mostly because I have a £40 Waterstone's voucher :grin:.

14. Eleanor Rigby

I don't know for most people yet. I just hadn't find the time to even think about it (which is a first, usually I'm ready for christmas ages before). But I think I'm going to make a drawing or a painting for my grand-father. Because in hospital there is not much things he can enjoy anymore and I think that, as he is the one who taught me to paint and encourage me when I was little, he will like that.

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Money,gift cards and toys.

I can't shop for anyone XD

16. mischa91

I'll be getting my mam a cover for her kindle that i bought her for her birthday :slight_smile:

Not sure about my dad yet, and i think i'll be getting my brother either a dvd or a book depending on what he asks for.

I'm getting myself some things for my nano reef with my Christmas bonus. JOY!

17. Gallatin

Toys for my nieces and nephew, soccer memorabilia for my dad, and I don't know what for my mom, because she doesn't want anything nor does she have any discernible interests. She's notoriously hard to shop for.

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For my mother: I'll be making her some vanilla and brown sugar body scrub, as well as some body butter laced with my homemade vanilla extract.

Sister #1 gets a complete illustrated guide to the Twilight saga, to read while wrapped in her zebra print snuggie (also a Christmas gift from me)

Sister #2 gets an iPod shuffle which I've loaded some of her favorite show tunes onto. The music counts as her Birthday present, since her gift ran the most expensive this year.

My brother: I'm still not sure. Possibly some books we've been reading together (he's 11 and we're reading and discussing the Redwall series by Brian Jacques).

And my friend Danielle is also getting some body scrub and body butter, although she has requested apple or raspberry scented (because she's difficult xD).

I love giving gifts, especially now that I've got some money to spend.

19. Noir

Homemade fudge, which I looooove making and only make it exclusively for Christmas, birthdays, and Valentine's Day.

For my best friend, though, I'm thinking of singing her a song. I've been meaning to get around to it, so why not now? Just need to pick one! >< It's either that or half of a white eraser that's about five years old--it was the first thing she ever gave me. ^-^ (Don't ask why I kept it so long, I don't know why. O-o)

20. DJT

DJT Guest

well i think i'm getting a £15 itunes giftcard off my sister (i like music :grin:), i'm giving my mum a Disney CD, my sister a Pandora charm for her bracelet and some dvd's (black swan, two men and a baby) for my other sister. Don't know what i'm going to get my dad! he's really hard to shop for :/