1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daisy1, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Daisy1

So, I took a big step and signed up for online dating! I'm wondering if you ECers have any tips or anything.

Keep in mind: I'm pretty sure EC rules indicate that we cannot post the names of specific dating sites.

2. 10super4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My suggestion is to be yourself at all costs. If you know what you do and don't want, be honest in that. I would also suggest that you don't take any of it seriously until you've actually spent some time with a succesful match.

Personally, I've enjoyed being on [removed]. You basically answer a series of various questions and the more you answer, the better your results are.

Ironically, it suggested that a good friend of mine and I have almost perfect compatibility - higher than anyone else on the site that I've seen so far.

3. Rooni321

I agree. Just know what you want and keep to it and you're set :slight_smile:

Good luck!
    <3

4. Daisy1

@10super4 Thank you. I believe I am on the same site. I'm still figuring out what I want, so hopefully this will be instructive.

@Rooni321 Thanks! A couple of girls have already messaged me, so I suppose it's working.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say enjoy the process rather than just looking at it as a means to not being single (not that im saying you are thinking that way). I think you can meet a lot of interesting people and have some great conversations even if the person ends up to not be your type.

6. Mimerio

Here's my best advice, the 3 Be's

Be yourself
    Be careful
    Be prepared!
    Best of luck!

7. Mercy

Mercy Guest

be ur self and remember how kind you are :slight_smile: thats a biggie for me in wemen

8. squally89

To be honest all my experiences had been pretty bad lol bc I never really met anyone online, except one guy.
    He wasn't bad, but to be honest online dating for me will NEVER replace people I meet at a party, volunteering or simple at a bus stop.