1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so do you ever just think man im a dork

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatfulyslow, Dec 1, 2011.

1. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm relaxing tonight because I had a hectic work day anyway I've realized that im the dorkiest person on earth because I just spent the last couple hours watching The Facts of life (I'm only 26 so lame) and I listened to music everything from R&B/Rap, 40s big band music to Country and I topped it off with a little 80s 1 hit wonders and last but not least Jackie Wilson? What the heck no wonder I'm single I don't think anyone would be like those are charming things to like and I want to date someone like you! I need to get out more! Anyone else have those dorky moments?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've spent most of the last few days playing Neopets and creating Dungeons and Dragons characters...

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do I ever! But my dork moments aren't so much cute dorky as they are, um, potential-serial-killer dorky. Like naming my kitchenware, to matching my socks based on how big the holes are, and (much like you) watching old sitcoms and listening to an eclectic list of music (while wearing my holey socks and talking to my tea kettle).

Everyone has their eccentricities though, so I take great pride in mine. They make me who I am. :slight_smile:

4. Hazel

I don't think some dorky stuff is a big deal. We're all entitled to have a little bit of bad taste, a few outdated keepsakes, a few silly, frivolous ways to spend our time... I wouldn't want to date anyone too obsessed with the "cool" factor, anyway. It was big in high school, and that's kind of where it should die.

5. needshelp

all the time. it's what makes me me. with that said, it's time for a song. i put this song of my mixtape of mine. somebody needs to sample this song and use it for a beat.

[youtube]c6j8EiWIVZs[/youtube]

6. Rooni321

All the time.
    Whenever I stumble on words when I speak, am on the internet all day, or space out on a hot girl..on tv -_-

7. Ridiculous

[​IMG]

That's pretty much me.

Attached Files:

8. Tiny Catastrophe

I spend most of my time reading, playing xbox, or watching Mythbusters. I can be incredibly dorky at times and my girlfriend finds it cute for some reason lol.

9. Samadhi

The only thing I'd judge you very very harshly for is the R&B/Rap taste. Ewwwwww! :grin:

Aside from the fact that, likely, your best partner would be someone whom shares your interests, weird eccentricities tend to generate interest.

I tend to do dorky (and possibly stupid things) like use Kung Fu in the kitchen to close/open cupboards, or Kung Fu footwork when cleaning/mopping. I grew out of Pokemon (about the time when you could no longer pretend it'd be terrifying to be mauled by a wild Pokemon in some dark forest), but I still play the very dorky Magic the Gathering once in a while.

I also meditate (occasionally at work during breaks), and that generates the weirdest comments/looks.

10. Vesper

I watch anime, true crime shows, and documentaries. I read manga and science fiction novels. I play Sims 3, smartphone games, older Final Fantasy games (4, 6, 7), Mario games, etc. I have a fairly eclectic music library, consisting of genres from alternative rock to anime and game soundtracks to shoegaze to Swedish pop. I watch funny cat videos and download OCRemix tracks from the Internet. I play non-mainstream board- and card-based games (Carcassonne, Samarkand, Dixit, 7 Wonders, etc.)

So, yes.

#10 Vesper, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  11. Samadhi

Rereading these - being 'dorky' seems pretty awesome; who wouldn't want to date people like us?!

Seriously!

12. greatfulyslow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    BlackCat what is your tea kettles name? I find myself name things and talking aloud to myself ! And everyone great comments I have so many dorky habits! And Samadhi Kung Fu sounds like an awesome way to close things!

13. Snowflake

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My girlfriend and I live in dork heaven, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Dorks rule! :thumbsup:

14. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm, I suppose. Have a number of books that I've never read, but keep thinking I will someday. Love watching films and listening to classical music, though outside of that, my tastes in music are very 'jukebox' [ie pretty much will listen to any genre and not a fan of many specific individuals/bands/whatever.] Also love history, reading about it in books or online, watching stuff on television [though History Channel has been pretty disappointing within the last few years.]

" . . . . and talking aloud to myself!"

Is that dorky behavior? Either way, always felt like I was the only one who did this. Then, I suppose spending most of my time doing that would make it impossible to know anyone else who does. >_>

15. Harve

I'm doing an essay on dropping the "ne" particle during negation in colloquial French. I could have done it on almost anything. So yeah, I'm a bit of a dork.

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a total nerd (I perfer that over dork) and I love it!

I play my D&D, my Yu-Gi-Oh, my video games.

When you think about it, we're not that different from what non-nerdish people.

Guys pain their bodies and out shirtless in the snow to a football game, we dress up as characters for a cosplay.

People play Texas Hold 'em, we place TCG.

They play boardgames, we play D&D.

Same shit different gimmick.

Plus we tend not to give a shit what other people think, whereas, the "norms" are bound by their intense fear of being an outsider.

LONG LIVE THE NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:starwars:

17. Gallatin

Oh yes, quite a bit. Especially when I burst out laughing because I've told myself a joke in my head. That always gets some funny looks.

18. SlickyPants

I've been spending my days off for the last little while scanning and cataloging my video game collection and noting all the different label variations. I'm about 1/3 of my way through the Atari 2600 games. Still have every other system to do. If it wasn't for work I probably wouldn't leave the house.

19. Emberstone

the thread title makes it seem like you thinking being a 'dork' is anything less than a amazing and positive attribute.

life is boring when you are dead serious about everything all the time.

VIVA LA DORKISHNESS!!!

VIVA LA SNARK!!!

VIVA CHELSEA LATELY!

20. FJ Cruiser

I spent an hour today doing this:
    [youtube]enX0IISn1AM[/youtube]

Yeah, I'm a total dork. (BTW, that's just a random youtube video. I don't know those guys.)

#20 FJ Cruiser, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011