1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Dec 15, 2007.

1. waitingsucks

I think it's intentions might not be to, but I think it mocks gay pride

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well the owners of the site are obviously so proud of being heterosexual that they have not given their names or any contact info other than a PO Box and email address, and have registered the domain anonymously through domainsbyproxy.com. What do they have to hide?

3. JSG

JSG Guest

I find that a bit rude and idiotic.

4. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous!!!

I mean, I have nothing against heterosexuals but this seems to be some kind of a joke, or rather a deliberate insult. Coming in? Realizing that "their feelings and thoughts of heterosexual, opposite-sex attractions cannot be ignored"? WTF?? :rolleyes:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

To me, it looks like a shameless mockery of gay pride. Besides, in my opinion, heteros have nothing inherent to be proud of. They can't fired from their jobs, kicked out by their parents, mocked in school, beat up on the street, discriminated against by potential employees, and ignored by the legal system just for their sexuality. All of this stuff can happen to us, and we are still fine with who we are. That's the definition of pride.

6. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well said!!!!!! :eusa_clap

7. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had not seen this site before. IMO its more of a ill-thought out satire rather than something with malice. This site (http://www.straightpride.com/) however, I believe has malice as its full intent.

8. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

All the people on both those sites need to find something better to do, for real. What the hell? Do they really have nothing better to do than make fun of gay people? Like, oh I don't know, screw some chick? (That's what straights guys always talk about right?)

9. CrimsonThunder

Its fine if your straight and proud but it just seems like a joke. I don't really care, whos going to go to the site anyway, theres nothing on there.

"Straight is great" what a fucking gay phrase.

10. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i hope that first one is a joke because otheriwse it's so sad.

11. Steam Giant

One of my friends, while expressing disgust over gay pride events, stated, "has anyone ever thought of having a straight pride parade?" This was one of the most hurtful comments I've ever heard from a friend.

They don't need a pride parade. Our entire society is their pride parade! They don't face discrimination, and they have no difficulties in finding and hooking up with other heterosexuals. So why, then?

12. Steam Giant

Don't forget "kicked out of the military."

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

That jus takes da piss ..

14. justjoshoh

I found the satirical humor in the website. Undertherock's example is satirical as well, though it seems to be actually trying to use its position to make a change. It is nothing more than a clever way to bring in revenue to support their campaigning and lobbying of what really is a heated debate in the society.

15. Rette

Seems like a mildly amusing satire site to me, for the most part. Although, this sentence from their "local chapters" section seems to reek of letter-to-the-editor redneck

16. Yeah it's kind of like when kids ask, "There's a mother/father day why isn't there a kids day?" and parents say, "Because every other day is kids day."

Same thing with this. We have one day to show pride (on a large scale anyway) and the rest of the year is straight pride day.

17. JSG

JSG Guest

LMAO, thats exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

18. xxAngelOnFirexx

o come one people! its OBVIOUSLY a JOKE! heard of sarcasm? i think this was made definalty from gays to show heteros how it really is. its not meant to mock or anything. that is how we have it. they're just showing heteros how hard it is to be gay and see the things they don't normally think about in their sexuality. they don't have any info becuase ITS A JOKE!!!!
    i think being gay is making us all uptight and ready to jump and fight at the first sign of homophobia. yeah 'thats so gay' and 'your a fag' are obvious insults but somethings i think we need to look at more in general first before freaking out.

19. surfrboykai

i'm honestly not down with any kind of "pride parade" be it gay pride, italian pride, etc. why don't we stop self-segregating ourselves and just celebrate being human?