1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by factwithinfiction, Dec 3, 2011.

1. factwithinfiction

I dunno if this has been done already but oh well. So for the longest time I was trying to think of what my pet peeves were. Then when I was going Black Friday shopping with my sister I figured it out. When people say "lets go" and then they shop for like another hour is something I HATE. I was hoping to leave and when you say "Lets go" I didn't think you meant "Let's go obnoxiously shop some more!".

Also when I'm in the line (this is ESPECIALLY the case with my sister and mom) and they leave me while they go get something else. Even when I was little I was always anxious about what would happen if it was my turn and what I would say/do. Now that I'm older and if that happens I'll just be like, "Well I don't have any money." and walk away :lol:

Anyway, do you guys have any notable pet peeves?

2. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I had so many back when I was in school. Pen-clicking, foot tapping, people who feel asleep and you could hear them snoring but couldn't do anything to stop them, anyone who sat behind me and would put their feet on the bottom rung of my chair so I'd feel every kick or bump they made . . . . . I think it's pretty clear that I'm generally asocial [a normal person wouldn't focus on these trivialities so much. >_>

3. Rooni321

People who "dish it out but can't take it"

4. Mimerio

Biggest pet peeve for me is people's elbows being on the table, it's a bit inappropiate table manners and it looks like the tables going to snap in 2

5. Asyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People who live for stereotypes. They act one way at home, but in public, they make themselves look black, gay, feminine, masculine, or anything else to a nauseating degree. Just be yourself, right?

6. throw

When people lie for no reason (not that there's ever a good reason to lie, but telling lies just for the hell of it is just ridiculous)

7. Mogget

People putting things away in the wrong place. I don't mind a mess, but when the organization system is specifically thwarted, it bugs me. And I have a number of grammatical pet peeves. Probably my biggest is the use of "sentient" to mean "sapient."

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who don't use proper grammar in everyday speech.

Picky eaters.

Those individuals who deem it appropriate to wear pajamas in public (and smell like they only own the one pair).

People who can't take a joke.

9. Rinamir Mortem

Being ordered to do something when a simple "Would you please do this" would suffice and make them look less of an ass.

10. needshelp

i have many pet peeves but one of the biggest pet peeves i've always had has to do with something r rated and it has to do with people interrupting it. can't say anything else because there's kids here. another big one of mine is when people take things and don't put them back where they're supposed to be. i get really annoyed having to look for things because people are too lazy to put them back where they belong.

#10 needshelp, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  11. Markio

Yelling. Unless the person is in danger.
    Incessant sarcasm, or "pretend" insults. Once in a while is fine, but insults every time we interact and I will just disassociate from them.
    Not listening. Rude.

12. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have more pet peeves than I can remember, but one that really bothers me is when I'm in the backseat of a car or bus and the person in front of me rolls down their window without asking me first.

13. Gallatin

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who stand behind me and lean over my shoulder, breathing down my neck, looking at what I'm doing on the computer. My parents do this all the time and it pisses me off to no end. My other big pet peeve is people telling me the score of a game that they know I'm going to watch later via recording or such. If I find out the score, then I don't want to watch the game, and since I was probably looking quite forward to watching said game, that really drives me crazy.

14. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Children who act like adults. I would disown my kids if they acted like that.

15. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Adults who act like children

Extreme silence between me and another person

The situation where I'm moving on the house while others don't

My pen is lost. Yeah, that kills me.

16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Mouth-breathers. For some reason, I just can't stand it when someone's mouth hangs open if they aren't talking, laughing, gasping, or releasing some kind of noise though it. I mean, gaping in shock is one thing, but when that's someone's default facial expression, it's just off-putting. It might have to do with my roommate during my freshman year of college, who was a mouth-breather and whose breathing was like a jet engine (so imagine how loud his snoring was).

17. throw

When people don't wait their turn to get off the bus. It goes by rows, people! Don't try to squeeze and maneuver your way to the front when there are 10 rows of people waiting their turn in front of you!

Drives me nuts!

18. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

People giving me attitude for no reason, people talking to me like I'm stupid, teachers who think they're going to get away with embarrassing me in front of the class, cocky/conceded guys, people at school who come up to me asking for cigarettes because they only smoke at school to try and be cool, people who have nothing better to do than bitch about politics/religion but don't do anything to change either, and attention whores on Facebook.

19. Aielar

Biggest pet peeve is when people chew food with their mouth hanging open. It's gross and I don't want to see it, end of story. Smaller pet peeve is when I'm out dancing and people keep touching me. I'm dancing, not looking for people to grab my ass or touch me in any way. Srsly. Finally, when people sit there on their ass instead of doing something productive.

20. DJT

DJT Guest

I have three that annoy me at the moment!

1) When you're talking to a person and that person is on there mobile phone, and after you've finished talking they turn around and say "what? sorry i wasn't listening" - it's just rude! and irritatting!!

2) People cutting me off in mid-sentence - again, it's rude!

3) People not listening to what i'm saying and whilst i'm talking cutting me off mid sentence to ask a random question about a random thing! - Not fun!

Just makes me feel like they don't care about what i have to say, and that there opinions mean more than my own.