1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

he said he would bring a gun so i ..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Monique_Massacre, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my bestfriend told me he was gonna bring a gun to school and he wouldnt talk to me and i tryed to get him to talk but he wouldnt so i told the school cop the wrost part wasnt telling.. the worst part was when i went back downstairs and after i talked to the school cop .. he pulled me into a hug and told me he lo d me and that he would miss me and he would see me again in his next life and he loved me and told me to go home and then he walked away i broke down i know i did the right thing but right now it feels so wrong and i feel like i betrayed my bestfriend ..he said he hated me he yelled it i saw him as he was being arrested he was all like " I HATE YOU MONIQUE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME WHY WOULD YOU DESTROY THIS I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME" ......

i didnt know what else to do :tears: :tears:

i did do the right thing right????

#1 Monique_Massacre, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  2. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course you did the right thing. People most likely would have been hurt, and by the sound of it, your friend was going to at least take his own life. You've most likely saved one, if not many lives Monique.

3. ampthejazz

You undoubtedly did the right thing. Your friend being mad at you is better than your friend, and possibly others, being dead.

This must all be so overwhelming for you.

4. waitingsucks

You did the right thing, ppl could have been hurt. There was no easy choice, u had to make the right 1 and u did.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I completely agree. You may have saved several lives by doing that, which is MUCH more important than him being mad at you. It may also lead to him getting help with the issues that drove him to this.

Even if you lose him as a friend it's still better. You'd have lost him as a friend if he was dead anyway.

I'm proud of you for dealing with this with your head rather than your heart. (*hug*)

6. TriBi

I'll echo what Paul said.

You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing. There have been too many cases documented of tragedies because people ignored/didn't see/refused to act on the warning signs.

While you might feel that you betrayed a friend...you very possibly may have saved numerous lives (including his). Regardless of what he would have done (and no-one can know how bad or otherwise that might have been), he obviously needs help. Because of your actions he will get the psychological evaluation/assistance that he needs.

Be very proud of yourself for making the hard (but correct) decision - I am...and I think everyone else here would agree. (*hug*)

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Monique...I am so VERY proud of you! You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing! Your friend will forgive you after he gets the help that he needs. If he doesn't, you may have saved the lives of a whole bunch of people! This kind of "talk" needs to reported because you just never know what can happen. It is so very important!

8. Ty

Ty Guest

It could have ended as another virginia tech ~ You did good monique =]

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

yeah you did do the right thing! my sister turned in her best friend for cutting and the friend hated her for months but eventaully came around and thanked her. in fact my old boyfriend turned me in for suicide and i was mad at first but then relized he was just saving me. then when i was at the hospital. there was this girl who really liked me. she turned me in for cutting. i was so distraught and angry. but then we talked adn i realized it was betrayl it was caring and that she helped me as i had been planing to slit m wrist. also a long time ago a teacher told my mom i was cutting. i hated her for a while but i came around. in 2nd grade this boy told me he was going to blow the school up. i told on him and he was expelled. it seems minor but who knows... last night i sent a letter to my school consluer tell her about one of my good friend and th girls best friend for cutting. at first i was still cutting so it was hard to talk. now i just can't stand seeing them being hurt so i had to try to get them help. they might not even guess it was me but its worth the suddent anger to have then thank you later. i am POSITIVE you friend with thank you for saving his life and others. you did a good thing. try just to focus on that!

#9 xxAngelOnFirexx, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  10. biisme

you did the right thing. think of all the lives you ptentially saved.

i'm proud of you.

11. Urman

Urman Guest

Very Very Proud you did the right thing

12. crimsonarcher

Did the right thing!
    ^_^
    because if you think about it, compare you loss of friendship with him to the loss of a loved one in a local family that died of this possible shooting.

13. Zec24

You absolutely did the right thing. It was a brave thing to do too, and must have taken a considerable amount of courage to walk up to that cop and tell him knowing they would have to arrest your friend and that your friend would be mad at you.

Hopefully he will come around.

14. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yes you did the right thing. a wk and a half ago we had a shooting at our school and we did the whole lockdown for 4 hrs and stuff but no one was hurt and the biggest issue now is that they think either the administration knew about it because some students told or that some students knew and didnt tell but they cant tell us that and stuff. but yes you the right thing and you might of stopped something really bad from happening

15. Tom

Tom Guest

no one could ever say that you did the wrong thing. A persons life, no matter who it is, is always worth more than a friendship, esp if that person brings a gun to school. and you could of saved many lives

you did the right thing for sure, well done =]

16. thank you i know it was right but it just felt so wring i know i saved people but i also got my best friend in so much truble it hurts so bad but i had to and i know that i did the right thing i know i did but right now it dont feel that way

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahhh Monique.....I know you are hurting. (*hug*)

18. just ..you know ..a lot

19. Hydrogen

You need to look at this as your friend got himself in trouble, remove yourself from the picture. You did what anyone should do when someone makes a threat, let the proper people know. (The Police in this case)

20. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    *Hugs Monique*

I join all the other posters here in commending you for doing the right thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.