1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College this january (scared as hell)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pace e amore, Dec 7, 2011.

1. pace e amore

I'm going to be going to college this january and i'm totally petrified, is it going to be as bad as high school? Can someone tell me what it's like, is there much bullying or is that just immature high school bs?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends somewhat on the college, but in general, it's a VERY different environment, much less pettiness, MUCH more acceptance of LGBTQ people, even in otherwise fairly conservative parts of the country (unless you go to a religious school). An awful lot of people that had an absolutely terrible time in high school thrive and enjoy themselves in college.

The only thing that might be a little challenging is starting college 2nd semester. At the first semester, most schools have a huge orientation process designed to help students meet one another and adjust to college life. But most schools don't do as much for 2nd semester students because there are far fewer students entering college for the first time 2nd semester. But if you live in a dorm, you should have no problem meeting people and making friends.