1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody here that is single and not interested in getting with anybody?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Dec 8, 2011.

1. needshelp

the holidays are coming around and right after that is valentine's day. i know this site will be filled with everybody in here looking for someone, sounding desperate, upset that they have nobody to cuddle with but speaking for myself, i have grown tired of looking for love, waiting for love and whatever. yeah, there's cute guys around that i wouldn't mind getting with but for the moment, i really don't care too much about being with somebody. i feel a bit more comfortable and confident with myself now knowing where i stand on the sexual orientation scale and that has actually changed how i view love and a relationship now. i guess when i was holding on to the idea for all these years that i was straight even though i wasn't i felt that it was a must to have sex and to be with a girlfriend in order to prove that i was straight or to kill any of the questioning or gayness inside me. now that everything is making sense now, i don't feel any pressure to get with any guy or whatever. i can sit back and relax because i know who i am (even though i'm learning how to embrace it, live with it, deal with it and be open about it) and don't feel the need to prove it since it's been confirmed.

#1 needshelp, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. Rooni321

We all...well I have definately felt like that before!
    It was fucking great. During that time, I learned so much about myself and the world.
    Congrats!

3. needshelp

:icon_bigg a liberating feeling indeed. makes life a whole lot easier where there's little pressure to be another person instead of yourself. (!)

4. Rooni321

Tell me about it. Having all my attention on myself was great.
    Cherish your 'you time' while you can!! :thumbsup:

5. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I can relate. I have no interest in a romantic relationship at all.

6. needshelp

would you say it has to do with still being in the closet?

7. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey buddy, just wanna say that at one point of time between my previous relationship and current relationship I had the exact same feelings as you did.

I was single for 5 years in between and felt that I was confident in my sexuality and you know what? I woke up one day and felt that it didn't matter if I was with somebody or not. I was living my life in a new city and enjoying friends and company. I think that it is a wonderful thing to feel and trust me, when you let go of the idea of finding love, it will come to you when you least expect it to.

8. Drowzee64

I have my cat. I have my teddy bear. I don't need no man!

[​IMG]

But seriously, I'm kind of feel like a relationship is not something I need at this point in my life. I want one, but I don't NEED one. I think I'll just lie back and wait until I'm old enough to use dating sites I'm ready to put myself out there.

9. CrazyAntFarm

Well, I had this same exact feeling, and then I met quite possibly the love of my life. I am a believer that love finds you easier when you are not looking for it, so enjoy how you're feeling now, but just be open to the possibility of falling in love.

10. Countervail

ME.ME.ME!

all these years I've been telling myself that if I were to have a relationship, it should be a monogamous one.