1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barnes and Noble

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zec24, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Zec24

So I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday studying for my exams this week. Before I left I decided to try and find the section on gays and lesbians and look for a book to help my parents.

I slowly made my way over to the section and then took another 10 minutes circling that specific book case to make sure people weren't watching. Some people I go to school with were there and if they saw me in that section and reported me I'd get kicked out of school (and yes I know I'm paranoid).

Anyways, I finally approached the book shelf and found the book I wanted Straight Parents, Gay children . I actually wanted to get the book called Now that you Know... but couldn't find it.

I guess this will be my Christmas present to my parents this year! Or not, probably a bad idea. Anyways, I do plan on giving it to them over my Christmas break. I hope they read it.

I was really nervous going up to the counter to pay for it. I was hoping though that maybe the register that opened first would be one with a cute girl, but no such luck. Damn, that could have been a nice lead in to a great pick up line.:icon_wink

2. I love Barnes and Noble. I'm there at least once a week. I do the same thing you do though, I look over my shoulder if I go to the Gay/Lesbian section cause I don't want anyone seeing me. I did buy one once and I looked away from the register person to avoid awkwardness haha. Moral of the story: Barnes & Noble=good, buying GLBT reading material=slightly awkward.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

This wensday, Im going to Blackwells (possibly the biggest bookshop in oxford!) to have a look around the GBLT section, aswell as buy wuthering heights. But its soo huge! I may have to asks someone where it is :$ maybe i should just wander around its great halls for a few hours hehe

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you have a debit or credit card, an excellent alternative is buying online.

5. Zec24

But that takes away half the fun...

6. panda

There are also Libraries.I do remember finding a gay section and getting one but masked it with a bunch of other books on various subjects.