1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is the stupidest Republican candidate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kris B, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kris B

I say Rick Perry.

2. factwithinfiction

Is all of the above an answer?

3. Shevanel

This thread is pretty silly.

4. Doctor Faustus

They're all clowns.

5. Emberstone

Herman cain when he quoted a pokemon movie... but he is for now out.

i would say michelle bachmann is next in line... she does not even have a functional 2nd grade understanding of american history.

Rick Perry is a fundementalist anti-jesus cult member. the same for santorum. if you put those two up against the bible, both are going staight to hell. yet they cant shut up as they lie about being christians.

Newt Gingritch is a criminal and a scam artist.

Romney can't make up his mind.

Ron Paul just wants to sell everything off to the higher bidder, in essence cementing the existance of a economic aristocracy the right wing have been trying to create steadily for the last 40 years.

If only we could figure out where they all keep their HORCRUXES!!!

6. RedState

Really??
    we are actually going to start a thread about this?

I got news for you pal, there are a lot of people that carry a D beside their name that my two dogs could outsmart.

7. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Yes but Obama isn't one of them.

8. Mogget

Agreed. We don't nominate the dregs for president (at least not recently) like the GOP does. We've nominated Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, and Barack Obama, none of whom are dummies. The GOP's nominated George Bush, John McCain (not himself dumb, but his VP pick was*), and has had Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, and Rick Perry as frontrunners in the current nomination. Gingrich doesn't seem to be dumb (Gingrich has a PhD IIRC) and I have no idea about Romney. But even given that, in order to win the nomination, Gingrich and Romney have to pretend to support idiotic policies to win the nomination.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both parties have some *incredibly* stupid people that have been elected to office. But I have to agree that some of the GOP presidential candidates have been batshit crazy, dumb as a post, or both. Perhaps there were some equally stupid Democrats in the run-up to last presidential election but from what I remember, at least Edwards, Gore, Clinton, Richardson were reasonably intelligent. The same cannot be said for Bachmann or Palin, and while Cain apparently isn't completely stupid -- he did run a big pizza chain, after all -- he clearly isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I don't think Perry is as stupid as he is ignorant.

10. Sythan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of them. The GOP has gone down hill, way down hill. Many Right Wingers are frankly unintelligent and will endorse anyone that says "Hurr I'm a right wing Christian and I want to turn American into a Christian nation durr". Not including Log Cabin Republicans, those guys are awesome.

#10 Sythan, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  11. Hidinginalabama

George W Bush will always be the number one on the list.

12. FJ Cruiser

I wish I could agree, but his college transcript says otherwise. He was a C student in a forestry degree plan.

13. Emberstone

I think John McCain was the nominee because they knew that coming off Bush Jr, they were going to have a harder time with their typrical GOP'er. So we got momentum behind a moderate. The problem was that you can't win the GOP nod without the christofacisem base of the right wing. McCain had no choice but to go hard right if he was going to climb back to the top after his campaign basically collapsing.

Now that he has tied himself to the right wing fundie christians, if he wants to keep his job he can't turn on them.

Democrats buck their party and liberal groups all the time, including Obama. Republicans tend to circle the wagon, and put party rhetoric ahead of doing the right thing (hence why they are pushing the very policies that got us into economic ruin

so far, it seems moderates are more likely to vote for obama than any of the GOP. As long as democrats get out to vote, obama is a shoe-in.

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do I have to pick one?

15. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think any one is stupider than another... They're all politicians doing their jobs - which as the title of said position implies - is to be political. I fail to see how that would make any of them stupid. Politicking is more a game than a serious race to better your country nowadays.

I am already sick of hearing about the 2012 elections, and it isn't even election-time yet. :dry:

If America prides itself on being a place where people ran to in order to escape persecution for differing ideals, as every history book we lugged from class to class in school will tell us, shouldn't we be a little nicer to those with different opinions than our own politically? Just sayin'.

16. Emberstone

I don't know... Rick santorum did compair gay marriage to napkins and paper towels, saying just because we call the paper towel a napkin does not mean it is... thereby losing the southeren BBQ vote. napkins just dont cut it when your fingers are smotherd in too much BBQ sauce to lick off, and paper towels have the required heft to them.

but apperently it is wrong to call a paper towel a napkin, and that means it is wrong to let gays get married... or whatever the hell he was trying to say.

17. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Yeah, I don't like to stereotype an entire political party but I will agree with anyone who says that the republican field is especially dismal this year. I would vote for some republicans, but none of the leading candidates right now.

Without a doubt though the 'stupidest' candidate has got to Rick Perry. He's had one flub after another and then he just had two more recently by calling Supreme Court justice Sonya Sontomayor 'Montemayor' by mistake. Then in the very next sentence he said there were only 8 SCOTUS justices. There's actually 9. Any middle school student probably would have known that.

18. Mogget

We call them stupid because they say really stupid things. It's true that this is more an indictment of the people willing to vote for them than the candidates themselves, but humor that pokes fun at ordinary people tends to be a bit cruel. Humor works best when it kicks up, not down. I'm not comfortable with mocking ordinary tea partiers as I see them as having been swindled and deliberately misinformed, whereas people like Bachmann and Cain don't really care about the truth at all.

We shouldn't persecute people with differing opinions, but that doesn't mean we can't criticize and mock them. As much as I may mock Bachmann, I would absolutely defend her right to say whatever she wants to say. Hell, I support WBC's right to spew its garbage, and think the court rulings against funeral protests are completely misguided. Nice doesn't come into the picture.

19. Doctor Faustus

So I guess Stephen Colbert would be your perfect Republican candidate? :icon_wink

20. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of them except Ron Paul.