1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to delete old posts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Uniboth, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Uniboth

I wasn't sure where to ask. I found EC when I was madly lost in my 1st crush and after having revisited some of my old posts...I'm left feeling a little 'whoa can't believe I said that'. Heh it's not important, but it'd be nice to leave that whole episode behind.

So, is it possible to delete old posts/thread?

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not for members, no. Otherwise we'd have entire threads lose sense when people tried to delete/rephrase/modify posts they made ages ago. While a lot of those threads are old advice and ancient history for the ones who posted them, we do like to keep them as they were for new mebers or lurkers probably wrestling with similar questions.

If you have really good reasons for wanting a post fdeleted (i.e. risk of being identified), you can post in Ask the Staff to have a mod delete/modify them. We usually won't do it frivolously, though.

Personally, I do confess there's quite a few old posts of mine that make me go "what was I thinking back then?". Though on the other side, I'm content to let them sleep deep in the archives of EC. Maybe they're not relevant to me now, but at least someone might still get some help from them!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rather than thinking oh why did I say that, try and look at it as a positive and see how far you have come since joining EC, you never know how they will help someone else. I think everyone here has old posts like that.

4. J Snow

The not being able to edit old posts kind of bugs me. Like a thread from september got bumped in S&A and I noticed in it that I said I had been with my bf for 1 month, when what I meant was 1 year. Its really bugging me not being able to fix it lol

5. Doctor Faustus

You can always post corrections/updates if you feel like it's warranted. :slight_smile:

6. Uniboth

Meh... doesn't really matter I guess. It does feel a little vulnerable to have my emo side exposed.