1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents/Family Being Awesome

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FleetFish, Dec 14, 2011.

1. FleetFish

There are so many stories of parents/family being unsupportive, I thought it might be nice to have a thread to share stories of the other side.

Mostly, I just wanted to share this story:

(btw, I am a girl.)

So, my dad, sis, and I were kayaking with some friends. Floating along, a canoe goes by with two very pretty women in it. One was a blonde with long straight hair, and the other was a redhead with long wavy hair.

Dad: "Oh, very nice."
    Me: "I like the one with the wavy hair."
    Dad: "No, I want the redhead. Hey, we can't be fighting over the same girl! That's just wrong!" :grin:

I love that we can joke around like that.

Also, for his birthday I took him out for a few beers, and he invited a female friend of his. Afterwards I sent her a video on youtube, and my dad apparently messaged her something. She only replied to me. My dad questioned why she responded to me and not him, and I told him that maybe she was more into me. :icon_wink

So, yeah. My dad is pretty cool. (*hug*)

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Awesome! When I came out to my dad, he said he'd known for years and asked me why I thought he'd been telling me stories of growing up with LGBT people all my life (and here I thought he'd just being telling me amusing stories XD)

3. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

My dad sometimes ask me for my boyfriend. Like: Hey, so what's up with your boy? how is he?
    One day he asked me like: Where is your boy?
    But actually he asked in spanish and it was different and it sounded weird to me the way he asked me haha.

#3 yeahyeah, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  4. Rooni321

My mom would be glad if I came out to her because "I would never come home pregnant"

<3

5. Gallatin

Although he was pretty much taken by surprise when I came out to him, my dad has taken everything in stride. He's been very accepting and has said that he'll be happy for me no matter who I fall in love with. He's also encouraged me to get involved with the LGBT group at my university and such. So yeah, he's been pretty awesome about it. :slight_smile:

6. MadSeed

MadSeed Guest

My mom borrows LGBT-themed movies and books from me and sometimes enjoys them more than I do. Oh, and before I came out, she had seemed to be a rather conservative Catholic.

7. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My sister and two daughters came to visit on Saturday. I already came out to her in an e-mail, and her response (which I posted here back in August) was nothing but supportive. They started talking about their trip to Disneyland; apparently they were looking at some boys I might like. At this point my 10 year old neice looks all suprised, "He was gay when we went to Disneyland!?" I don't know why, but that made me laugh so hard.
    Her 15 year old sister wanted to wrap a boy up and bring him over as a present, but like I told them, boys are better unwrapped! ^///^
    Then they started talking about certain things (a Jack-in-the-Box commercial I like where the guys Jack's talking to turn out to be strippers, a musician I though was cute, that sort of thing), which got to be so embarrassing that I had to leave the room for a minute, just so I could stop blushing.