1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Questions 101

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Rooni321

There's been a life long debate in my family about the right way to make potao salad.

So you culinary artists, how do you make yours?

Red potatos or russet potatos?
    Pickles or relish?

Anyone else feel the need to ask a random question?
    Anyone? Anyone?

:eusa_doh:

2. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

I love potato salad! And, you're very right--everyone has their own special way to go about making the stuff. I prefer red potatoes over russets. I feel russets are too dry a potato. I like small diced red onion, dill pickle relish, strong mustard, salad dressing, veggie bacon bits, some chopped hard boiled egg, chopped green onion, sea salt, pepper and a touch of yellow curry. Mix and eat! Yum! :thumbsup:

3. Rooni321

Oh yes! I've seen many variations with onions! But curry?! That sounds delicious! :slight_smile:

I add black olives to mine, some put greek olives too

4. ElvenVampiress

Well from a truly culinary point of view the object being to satisfy the palate of the partaker, I would sy there is no right or wrong way to make potato salad, simply a right recipe for the people who will be eating it. The question really is, which way would you prefer and are you open to trying something new? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

I'm definitely into trying something new...:icon_wink

6. Rooni321

Ha! Well when you've got a loud ass, competitive, picky at food family, there IS a right and a wrong way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: