1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If given the choice...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pronua, Dec 16, 2011.

1. pronua

Would you turn straight? I hate to say it, but I probably would. It makes me feel sad seeing the love of men and women shared all around me, while I feel alone all the time.

2. Ridiculous

Definitely not! Being gay is sooo much better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It's a very liberating feeling once you come to terms with yourself, knowing that you can be and act however you like. I don't think this is something straight people will ever experience simply because they will never be in the situation we are.

3. Bosco

Not at all.
    I'm nowhere near being 'in the clear' when it comes to family, but I wouldn't trade being gay for anything - much less give it up! I can't really put to words why I feel so strongly about my stance on this, but yea. I definitely agree that once you start embracing yourself (even if not fully), it's just something I can't imagine not having.

And you're still very young! Not at all to undermine what you're feeling, but every teenage at sometimes feels alone and on the outside at times. I doubt it would be any different if you were straight.

Besides: the challenges we must overcome along the way make finding that special someone all the more worthwhile :slight_smile:

4. Nadski

Nadski Guest

A couple years ago i might of, i was alone too and was raised to believe it was wrong to be who i was. But once i accepted myself and realised there is nothing wrong with who i am i definetley now would not turn straight. Its ok to feel like this, don't let it control your life though, just take some time to think about it.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I'd be bad at it, since I've got 20 year's worth of experience being gay.

6. Mogget

Being straight is kind of hard for me to imagine, but I wouldn't mind being a bit more bisexual. I get along with women more easily than men and having the option of dating women would be nice.

7. needshelp

i was going to say yeah, i would in a heartbeat since i always wanted to know what being straight really is like since i wanted to be straight for so many years but being gay is so much better than being straight. would have to go with no on this one. besides the affection, relationships and etc, etc, etc, there's a sense of comfort and confidence truly knowing who you are and being something that you're not. being gay is a gift. being straight looks like it sucks.

8. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I never chose to be gay, but It's part of me and if given the choice I would pick to be myself which includes being gay

9. Rooni321

Nah. I like it too much.

10. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

Even though I sometimes have my moments where it feels so hard to be, I wouldn't want to be. I tried and it sucked! :lol:

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nope. I am who I am, no amount of wishing is going to change that. I can't help what other people are going to think, but I can change what I think

12. Doctor Faustus

Lol, noooooo! Guys are WAY too much fun! xD

13. IanGallagher

Sadly, some days and some times, I would say yes. Being in the middle? Gay guys have either accused me of being just gay or felt insecure whenever I brought girls up. Girls, once they knew, you could just see it - sense them watching you because they don't want to be the girl with the "gay boyfriend" even though I'm bi and lean more towards girls. I'm a lot like Beast in those regards - the guy in the middle, seeking a cure - but in the end I'm okay with being the big blue guy lol. The not so "pure" mutant.

I really don't understand the anti-straight posts. No offense meant, it just comes off as... the opposite of homophobia. Liking girls is the exact same thing as liking guys. Not one side has it better than the next in regards of the quality of the relationship or anything else really.

#13 IanGallagher, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  14. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hm, coming from a very homophobic area, I'd have to say yes although I would prefer to be bisexual. I love being gay (I mean, guys are just so cute) but the whole straight thing would be so much easier for me personally.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's like that with everything though. Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Then after you see it for what it is you realize it's the same bullshit with a different scenario. Attraction to anyone comes with the same issues really when you boil it down.

16. IanGallagher

Bisexuality, not really. Gay and straight are basically the exact same thing because it's singular. Gays don't have to worry about girls. Straights don't have to worry about guys. However, feet on both patches of grass? You've got gays and straights worried about fence hopping. Girls seem to have the strongest issue with it. Whereas guys, while some can be misinformed, seem more accepting. So in this situation? Kinda tempting because I've been attacked by both sides and since I do lean more towards girls who do seem to have the most trouble with it... But, straight and gay - exactly the same. Having fallen for both, I can't really say there is a difference in terms of emotions (just girls, I love being the protector - while with guys it's awesome to not have that at the same time lol)

Basically possible biphobia comes attached with it, whereas -phobia isn't attached to the others.

As said though, due to basically being an orphan, having two sets of parents - used to this whole 'being in the middle' thing lol.

#16 IanGallagher, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  17. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Yes, only because it would save me from the mocking.
    But, the heck, why should I revert to something as plain as straight? Let colors fill the world and feel proud!

#17 Rinto, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
  18. Artemicion

Nope. Girls are too complicated for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Being gay is something special that straights will never truly know or experience.

19. Fiddledeedee

I would choose to be gay rather than bi – I feel like it would make it easier for my mum to accept me and all. Straight? Maybe when I was questioning, but not anymore!

20. Gitano65

Gitano65 Guest

Oh no...there seems to be a lot of beige clothing involved...dreadful...:lol: