1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darn Snowday!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Dec 17, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

okay in my area we got piled on with snow. like around 10in. so of course on Sunday was happy. Now there was walks to shovel for money! Okay well driving suxs. I heard that there was 9 deaths already and one guy died of a heart attack shoveling snow! Sad. Well i though okay good i'll have school tomorrow. Finals. The pricipal had came over the PA Friday and annoced that if we were to have a snowday we would not have the day off school but we would just come in two hours later. Okay. I checked both websites that alert school closeing. both said it was closed. so i said cool. i can sleep in. i can study more. well okay i did that. i get dressed, eat breakfast, study for an hour, mom drives me to school and... the place it deserted!!! I was soooo angry. First of all the principle, a nun, lied to us. Second of all i could have slept in. and thirdly that means that for the next two days instead of taking only 2 finals i'll be taking three to make up for it! :tantrum: So pissed. :dry: ALL of the schools are off including my sis, her friends schools, and all the high schools of everyone i know. So even if i wanted to go sledding (its just a walk downt eh block to the hills) it would be packed! So i guess i'll try to shovel snow and do other things. And of course, study.

anyone else have a snowday or troubles due to the horrible winter storm that passed through the northeastern states?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It has to be really, really bad for our schools to close here. I can't even remember the last time we had a snow day. Sometimes I think they should close when they haven't though. When I was in middle school, I was riding the bus to school. Our driver's son rode the bus and was a friend of mine. He stepped off the bus and when he realized he'd left his coat, he ran back. He slipped and went under the bus and we ran over him. It was absolutely horrific to be on that bus when the driver learned she'd ran over her son and killed him. :-( Luckily, I didn't see anything but I felt it and I will never forget it.

3. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LMAO. The snow day's been a blessing for me, because I only have one exam this whole week, and the other has been bumped into January. YAY! Except, of course, for the shoveling... holy crap.

4. SpikySpice

Im on Christmas Break, so it dosnet matter if it's dang snowing

But i wish it snows here :frowning2::frowning2::frowning2:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My school wouldn't give us a snow day unless it snowed enough that the entire school got covered. Litterally, covered. The school system in our town is practically run by the parents, who complain whenever something isn't going their way, and they won't let us miss a day of school. Our superintendent is, however, a fan of late starts, so we've had two of those already this year. On late starts, we come in two hours later and leave at the same time. It's actually a good deal, because we don't have to make up those two hours at the end of the year, but we do have to make up snow days. Also, teachers try to teach on late starts about as hard as they'd try on snow days, since they're sympathetic towards up. In fact, on most late starts, I get on the bus to go home and feel like I accomplished nothing by coming to school that day. For me, that's a good thing, since it means that the day was almost identical to a snow day. :slight_smile: