1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 in half a paragraph

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dalmatian, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dalmatian

Can you make a summary of the ending year and put the most important things that happened to you in just a couple of sentences? I'd be interested to see how dynamic an average ECer's year is. It seems that people who hang around here are generally going through huge changes, so.. I'd like to hear about some of them.

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2011 at 01:53 AM ----------

Myself:
    I got abandoned by my best friends, but I found the best friend ever. I did get torn apart when I fell in love with him in all his straightness. I lost many coworkers, basically my job. I found a therapist, spoke to gay people, had sex. I spoke openly to a huge crush, turned out he's gay, not available though. I fell in such a narrow, but bottomless well of depression that the next year can only be better. The best of times, the worst of times.

2. Fiddledeedee

I went to sailing camp for the first time, just before I turned 14. I joined the marvellous EC, realised my sexuality, and came out to virtually everyone. I did a German exchange trip, began a new club, and passed Grade 3 flute with merit. I won NaNoWriMo and have begun writing poetry again. I have started my GCSEs, changed friendship circles almost completely, gotten closer to my brother, met my penfriend again, and anoyed the hell out of Mum. A fair year. :newcolor:

3. Hexagon

I became a guy

4. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

In a nut-shell (always wanted to say that), I finally came to terms with my sexuality, but then started questioning my gender. A lot of family moved down here, including my "sister" :grin: . Went through a pretty sever depression, trying to commit suicide...3 or 4 times. Picked up guitar. And, last but not least, came out to a few people! All in all, a pretty good year with a side of drama.

5. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Found a fantastic boyfriend, lost some 'friends' of questionable value, questioned my orientation, discovered that I'm way more into girls than boys, he did some soul-searching too and found that he is in fact a she so now I have a fantastic girlfriend :grin:

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was hurt a lot, and turned it back on myself. I watched my sister go in and out of hospital, lost my darling grumpy old cat, and ended friendships that meant the world to me. I also met some people who've come to be incredibly important to me, worked on some projects I'm very proud of, travelled overseas on my own (which I could never have done even a year ago), met a girl who amazes me, and pulled through the bad times mostly intact. The bad was really bad, but the good was really good.

7. Youngbutproud

Wow umm thats a lot to put in but I'll try

This year was the something I went deeply depressed started taking medication started cutting myself tried to kill myself multiple times moved to California lost all my friends ended up in a mental hospital for a week (my mom forced me) got new friends then lost them one of my friend got raped and got depressed too my old friend started freaking out and asking me what to do since her friend is abused and raped by her older brother.

Yeah there's more but can't fit it all in a paragraph.......

8. kellymporta

Started the year with a trip to Perú (including Machu Picchu). Then I had my last semester of college, so I had a lot of work to do to complete my final project. After finishing college I started to help my mom with her work and since it's not a very demanding job, I have been using my free time to rest and go to the gym to loose the pounds gained during all those years of college. Had a lot of celebrations this year with Barcelona winning 5 of 6 possible titles and having to enjoy 7 clásicos in one year, but I also suffered a lot of confusion during this year after acknowledging that I wasn't straight. However I recently discovered EC so I'm finishing the year with a more positive state of mind.

9. Rinto

Rinto Guest

My life in 2011 underwent a lot of transitions from pain and comfort, ups and downs but it clearly turned me into a much stronger and contented person. I created a mess that ruined my personality, but those that really cared showed up, leaving the others scampering around with their true selves exposed. I had a love life, lost it soon, found my true personality and is still on the process of accepting life as I had made it now. I'm happy.

10. Mercy

Mercy Guest

I felll in love <3

11. MommaFrog

Reconnected with my mom, thanks to being sick while Pregnant. Had a baby, then two weeks later left my husband, the divorce is still in process. Accepted my non-straightness, and continue to hide who I am to my family, as I am once again living at home. Started seeing a therapist, and found EC thankfully...

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I love this sort of thing. ^_^ Here's mine;

I seriously learned that you should never say never because you have no clue what's about to happen. I lost all of my inhibitions and completely exploded as a person, and as a result I've met some wonderful and amazing people that I never would have pictured myself with, and I've done things that I literally said I would NEVER do, but I'm glad I did them. I met a few boys along the way and it didn't work out but, so what? There will be others. Things got a little rocky and I forgot who I wanted to be for a while but I've taken the first step towards building my dream already.

13. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Started the year with my boyfriend who I live with, in an unsecure job, having only recently come out to parents. I came out to a few colleagues and some friends, have received nothing but positive reactions. In May I proposed to my boyfriend, and we are planning to get married next year or the year after (also looking to see what the Scottish Government decide about Gay Marriage). I'm now permanently employed, and looking forward to spending Christmas and Hogmanay with my fiance

14. FJ Cruiser

A couple of days ago, I woke up realizing that my life was finally normal after all the crap my family had gone through. I became best friends with my brother again. I finally came to terms with my orientation. I went through the angst of college acceptance/rejection/scholarships/choice. I graduated high school regretting that my bad people skills really kept me from having as much fun. I went to Spain for three weeks, and my extended family finally realized our dream of gathering everyone there. My brother and I began college at the same time. I was completely unprepared for a big, new city/new friends/new school. I didn't make any good friends, but I continued my 4.0 GPA. I quit an incredibly regrettable habit that I developed this year. I met an awesome guy, and we're all but officially in a relationship. I came home this past week finding out that I had much better friends in high school than I realized. Now I'm going skiing for Christmas, and I might or might not come out to my parents before the end of the year.

Geez, this was a very busy year.

#14 FJ Cruiser, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  15. BenIsScared

I had a transplant. I learned to walk again. I came home. I got accepted to the college of my dreams. I lost a close friend, because he lost his mind. I gained some amazing friends who love me for me. :slight_smile:

16. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The year started with me thinking I was bisexual. Joined EC and eventually realized that I was not. Came out to some people, had some people come out to me. Lost my religion, gained a new understanding. Came out of my 2 year depressed state (most likely because of me coming out/accepting myself.) Went on an awesome trip to New York for my high school class. Saved said high school class from being cut. Graduated high school, started college. Got involved in many different groups in college. Made many new friends at college, even though I was scared that I would not. Pretty crazy year...

17. stumble along

well at least some people had a good year

ended junior year with good grades
    went to france and visited family in puerto rico
    senior year sucks
    my parrot died
    my grades suck this semester and for all i know i wont get into any decent college and end up on my last resort because of my constant moving, depression, horrid immediate family, dealing with my orientation, and worrying about the world in general, caring too much for everything except my own life.

18. BudderMC

Well, I've made lots of genuinely close friends, and decided to move in with them. Experienced the first of my academic failures, and consequently decided to switch majors over the summer. Second-guessed my change, and I'm now in the program I want to be in. I also started the coming out process, and have been getting more comfortable with the idea of being gay. Sadly, my parents are getting a divorce, and while that brings drama, it also solves a lot of problems.

19. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

I met the love of my life. We became boyfriends in february.
    I left the school where I was and got into a new one. Now I study audiovisual media and I like it.
    I had great time with my boyfriend, we got on a trip together (on vacation).
    Sadly we broke up on november but I have the hope that we can be boyfriends again, we didn't end up bad or with fights, actually we still talking each other. So I have a hope. I love him.

20. stumble along

awww good luck <3