1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas; the birth of Jesus and passive aggression.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XMisery666, Dec 20, 2011.

1. XMisery666

I'm smart...I'm a genious...I spent all of the money I own on Christmas gifts...because, you know...I'm just that type of person...so now, I'm broke...I have no money...no job...and I don't want to borrow any money...so...yeah...by being "mature" I did something stupid...my reason? I'm stupid. Really not much else to say...just feel like posting my fail. :slight_smile:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But that's what Christmas is about - the spirit of giving (which, if you ask me is the second best part lf the Holiday Season, preceeded only by the Christmas songs). Granted, you don't have to go broke in the process. Might I suggest making a few gifts instead? Besides, everyone knows they're better anyway because you put the effort, consideration, and love into them. :slight_smile:

3. Rooni321

Yeah I'm broke this year too. I spent all my money WAY before Christmas time, I feel SO bad. So I'm stuck baking for people(not really stuck, I LOVE baking but you know). It might be for the best though because I suck at giving decent gifts! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Ben

Ben

There are some ways to have a cheap Christmas. Some are a bit dodgy, but it's just as good.

You can return the gifts and get cheaper things for people instead.
    Go to charity shops to buy stuff, you can buy new-looking books in them for cheaps.
    Regift. Just don't open up the packages of presents you don't really want, then give them to someone else next Christmas.
    Keep your wrapping paper and iron it. Then you can reuse it next year.
    Make people things. Baking is cheaper and a whole lot more delicious :wink:
    If you're the kind of person who gives cash, give people cheques instead, on the off-chance that they lose it or don't cash it in on time.
    Ebay. <3

Follow these rules and you'll have a very merry and stingy Christmas :grin: