1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Paul... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kanen, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Kanen

Saw this on youtube today. Suffice to say, I was stunned - granted, I'm biased against most republicians, something I probably need to fix. But umm... what? How? Why am I suddenly starting to like this man.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBoAQw7bgo[/YOUTUBE]

So yeah, just looking for thoughts on him. I'm trying to form my own opinion of this man, and I'm curious as to what you guys think.

#1 Kanen, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. J Snow

I like him. In fact he's the only candidate I like. I don't like that he personally has issues homosexuality, but he doesn't believe the national government shouldn't have any say in marriage. He wants to end the war on drugs and prostitution which I also believe are excellent ideas. He is very liberal on social issues actually.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0GZznxMC14[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2011 at 04:44 PM ----------

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPuJQaIgJeg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bibliophile

I LOVE Ron Paul. As far as I am concerned he is the best if not last hope for the American people if they would just wake up.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wake up to Ron Paul? No Thanks.

Its about time people realised that they dont have to submit to be governed by people who live thousands of miles away from them. These people who claim to represent us but who dont even know us. Lunacy.

5. Mogget

Ron Paul's great on civil liberties issues, as well as executive power and torture. However, I disagree with him entirely on economic, reproductive freedom, and social welfare policy, and those also matter to me. Paul also has something of a troubling history on racial issues, and he hasn't owned up to it in any real sense.

6. Bibliophile

Umm if you believe in what you said in the last part how can you not want Ron Paul in the White House. He wants a federal government that is BACK to what it was meant to be which would mean that they stay out of state matters which is exactly what you are asking for. I am just confused buddy. If its his personal issue with gays you dont like well I think that he is entitled to that and that he is right in saying that he would not deny people liberty for any reason even if he doesn't agree with them. That is what America is supposed to be about.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're confused why I object to someone who is running for a federal office after what i just said?

We dont need a mandate from Washington to run our own lives. Burn down the fucking Congress and White House dont elect YET ANOTHER politician who wont be able to keep his promises.

8. J Snow

You've got me totally confused. Paul talks about nothing more than having less power for the national government, which is what you seem to be in favor of. I don't get what you are saying.

9. Bibliophile

Way to kill any credibility in what you had to say.... Any how you basically want to destroy the American system of government and thats just foolish. We need some kind of central body to help regulate a few key things but you will likely not be able to see that. On top of that how is the state government any better with your view point. I mean really what does a guy in the state capital know about your life in who knows where..... Anarchy is close to what you purpose and that is the ideal of children and morons in my opinion.

10. Emberstone

in the long run, the only people who will profit from a ron paul presidency is ron paul.

11. Bibliophile

Oh Ember this is going to be fun. We never agree so I doubt that this will be any different. Please explain. I would love to hear your views on this.

12. Emberstone

What benifit will the american people have when he dismantles goverment as he says he is going to do, and privitize everything. Case in point, Blackwater, wall street hedge funds, our banking system, and the housing lending system...

13. Bibliophile

I am not sure what Blackwater has to do with anything. I will admit I dont know what you mean by wall street hedge funds. As for the banking system and housing lending system both would be a lot better off with out the inflation and false security of the illegal federal reserve. On top of that if we went with sound money instead of the illegal federal reserve notes we have we would have a lot stronger economy. Even if you dont agree with economic policies I am sure you can see the benefits people would have with his ideas of small government, personal liberty and a foreign policy of nonintervention.

14. Kev

Kev

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like Ron Paul. He's the only person I'd vote for against Obama.

He just seems smart and logical...something I can't say about the other nutjobs running for the GOP nomination.

15. aidan

according to this and this he's just like the rest of them, except he's a little bit better at hiding his views