1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unleash your inner romantic!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Homo Novus, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Homo Novus

Wasn't sure whether I should post this in Chit Chat or Support & Advice, but I've been thinking about romantic gestures lately... My girlfriend's really been there for me a lot as of late, and I'm feeling so grateful to have her in my life. Of course I tell her this on a regular basis, and being the romantic I am, I often give her random cuddles and kisses and massages and the like... But I kind of have the urge to take a different approach to express my love and gratefulness to really make her feel appreciated and wanted. I thought of showing up on her doorstep with flowers... but some time ago she told me to never buy flowers as she's not much of a flower person (she's not even remotely girly) and it'd be a waste of money. But I figure... I dunno, I'm not much of a flower person either (I'm not girly either), however when I've received flowers in my past relationship I still appreciated because they were nice and it was thoughtful and it made me feel warm and fuzzy. D'you guys think she'd still appreciate it if I did buy her some? What are some sweet romantic gestures you guys can come up with? I thought we could brainstorm so we can gain inspiration from each other's ideas! :slight_smile: So GO! What are some of your favourite romantic gestures?

2. Bibliophile

I have always found the best romantic gestures to come from listening to your mate. I mean to give you a few example if she has a sore back or the like buy her or give her a massage. If she loves a particular meal cook it for her. Surprise her at work or school to take her out for lunch. That sort of thing.

3. castle walls

I agree with bibliophile

Sometimes, if I'm trying to do something special, I like to cook and have a candlelight dinner with my girlfriend. After dinner, I usually give her a massage and make sure she knows how I feel about her. Maybe watch one of her favorite movies

Another thing I like to do is send her random emails or texts about how I feel. I only do a quick "I love you" or "I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you" if its a text. If its an email I like to put the lyrics to a song that remind me of her

Those are the main two things I do. Then again I consider myself overly romantic and corny

4. Tiny Catastrophe

Well aside from being cuddly and affectionate which I do every time I'm with my girlfriend I'm really bad with expressing emotions (other than anger) so sometimes it's hard for me to verbally tell her cute/romantic things so I send them in a text message which she thinks is rather cute/romantic and I love music so I'll send her a song to listen to that describes how I feel.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think that if she says she doesnt like flowers then perhaps you could show up with some other kind of present, say a CD or DVD, or you could make something. Since I have been with my girlfriend I have made her several presents, for valentines I made her a bunch of flowers out of icing (I think there is a picture on my profile). I also made her a giant cookie in a heart shape. Or I made her a little wooden thing with her name on it and a heart. I think making things or being imaginative can be really romantic. I think a lot of what makes things romantic is them being personal, so it being something she needs or has said she would like, or something that shows you have gone the extra mile, so taking her somewhere as a surprise, making a picnic, cooking her dinner.

I have also made my girlfriend a scrapbook which included pictures and information from all the place we have visited as a couple.

6. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wrote a song for my girlfriend once. She was blown away.

7. Rooni321

I second that! Personalized stuff is great! I just found that out today. I gave my gf a home made card and cupcakes because I bake and she loves sweets. Perfect right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Anyways,
    what you give to your gf depends on stuff she likes, just listen closely and you'll figure it out

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to make my ex his favorite dinner then a BJ

9. Noir

Well, for my would-be-girlfriend, I've made her a Super Ticket--It's basically a blank check that she can write in anything she wants me to do for her and it's good forever. But she only gets to use it once. It's the thought that counts, right?

I'm also planning on her birthday, our last in high school, to give her half of a white eraser that I've kept for five years--the first thing she ever gave me (don't ask why I've held onto it for so long, I don't even know. O-o).

10. seeksanctuary

What are her interests?

If she likes books, maybe buy her one she's been looking at and write a cute note inside. If she likes a certain animal, maybe find a plushie or something of that animal. Write her a poem. Share a song with her that reminds you of her. Take dancing lessons. Go swimming together. Make a picnic and go watch a sunset together.

11. Rooni321

Didn't read the last part lol silly me.

My favorite romantic gestures involve surprising me or coming out of your shell.
    I am a really big romantic but I can't stand it when my partner is as cheesy as me, so when they spurt out with love once in a while I am happy <3

12. Pj2012

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My ex used to just randomly show up and take me out to a nice restaurant, then to a movie if anything good was playing. After that there was this huge park we used to just spend the rest of the night at watching the stars and embracing eachother sharing things about one another we didnt know. After that we would go home cuddle and watch movies and end the night in the bedroom. Theres also the beach at dusk, I dont know what it is about the beach when the sun is going doing that makes it a romantic scene, especially since we never got to enjoy it together...