1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age of coming out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Youngbutproud, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Youngbutproud

What age did you come out? And what age did you come to terms with it?

2. mAOz

I haven't come out yet, although I accept it to myself a few months ago,few of my friends know and there incredibly supportive!

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out this past summer. I was 20.

Coming to terms was different; I've always known I was gay, and been perfectly fine with it. I never really used the term gay to describe myself until I joined EC, when I was 18. So I count that as my official "coming to terms and accepting it" time period.

4. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have only come out to one person.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Started getting vague hints at age 19.
    Pretty much came to the conclusion at age 20.
    Started coming out then, pretty much finished at age 21.

Lex

6. seeksanctuary

I came out online when I was around 16 or 17. I came out IRL when I was about 19, to my family... and started transition around the same age. :]

7. sugarcubeigloo

I started coming out at 21. Still working on it. I didn't fully realize that I was gay until I was about 16/17. I don't know, I went to catholic school (and boy's high school later on). So it seemed like someone being "gay" was something that I wasn't because I thought it was bad. And I didn't think I was bad. I never understood it and it wasn't properly explained to me. All I knew was I wasn't attracted to girls and was to guys. When college rolled in, it was a whole other story. I don't know, I feel kind of silly for waiting so long, but what did I know? :icon_sad:

8. LdSlnce

LdSlnce Guest

I'm still in the coming out process, but I just recently accepted it. 3 weeks ago recently xD

9. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    came out at 18, sort of came to terms at 17, came out a second time still at 18 and yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Came out at age 41. Still working on it.

11. Fiddledeedee

I realised my sexuality just after I turned 14; I came out to my brother a couple weeks later. This was followed for a month or more by slowly telling 8 friends and getting support before coming out to my whole school in the last couple weeks of term. I told my mother this October gone, and have yet to tell people other than those I have just listed. Not that there are many left who I feel should know!

12. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I was 13/14 when I began to notice girls. I was 15/16 when I first came out (as bisexual because I was still confused about guys) to my siblings, but I took it back because I didn't want my mom to know (she was religious and didn't like gays). I was 26 when I officially came out (mom is no longer un-supportive of gays and has dropped her religion). I'm 27 now and still sort of coming to terms with being gay. I know I like women, and I want to date/marry a woman and whatnot...but...there's still that little tiny voice saying "what if you're not gay?" I hope once I put myself out there and meet a woman that will go away and I'll have closure. Can't wait for that day!

13. confused102188

I've always known I was gay but didn't accept myself until I was 21. I came out when I was 22. I'm 23 now and happily out to everyone except people I work with but that doesn't really bother me.

14. GuyDC21

I started to notice that I was different when I was about seven or eight, I'd say I came to terms when I was thirteen, and I came out to a friend this year at twenty-one. (!):eusa_danc(!)

15. DJT

DJT Guest

I came to terms with it around 17ish, i came out online at 18 (my age now) and as for coming out to family and friends .... i'm not ready for that yet! :/

16. sanguine

began coming out at 16, but accepted the fact that i was gay way before that

17. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I always knew I liked boys, even in the second grade so there was never really anything to 'come to terms with' for me. I came out to my brother when I was in the sixth grade. I came out to everyone else when I was 15-17.

18. Youngbutproud

I came to terms with myself at 11/12 years old. came out to some of my friends at 13

19. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

I came to terms at 17, and came out to my first person at 18 (just a few months ago). I still have some work to do :slight_smile:

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came to terms at 17. Started to come out at 18. Came out to my mom in August (right before I went to college) and came out to two other friends at home before I went to college. At college I have told everybody, because I figured that if I was making new friends, I better make sure that they are ok with me being me. I still have a lot of work to do coming out at home though.