1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psychology of uniforms

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IanGallagher, Dec 24, 2011.

1. IanGallagher

Do uniforms effect you? If so, why do you think this is?

I'm unsure as to what exact causes it - but, I've found that the uniform just adds to how attracted I am to someone. If they're hot out of uniform, then they're gonna be dream material in uniform. If they're cute out of uniform, then they're gonna be really hot in uniform. I've noticed this a lot more with guys, since we're the ones who usually wear uniforms, but it also happens a lot with girls as well.

Girls - cheerleaders, school girls, soldiers catch my attention.

Guys - jerseys, protective (cops, firefighters, etc.), soldiers catch my attention.

Why does "the uniform make the man"?

(Interesting/funny story: I had to shoot a film in college, I cast a guy I looked up to & had a crush on as a soldier - suffice to say I sometimes lost my train of thought lol, one scene had him running along a beach escaping gun fire...)

#1 IanGallagher, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people just like how guys look in uniforms. For me I like the way guys, and myself look in wetsuits and lycra.

3. GuyDC21

I think uniforms are visually appealing because they tend to make the person stick out amongst other people. They catch your eye; your brain takes it from there. Plus, some unies are specifically fitted for the person. That will also add to the appeal, at least for me if does. :icon_wink

4. J Snow

A uniform is a symbol of a person's status in society, and status is sexy. In the evolutionary era of adaptation a man's group status was perhaps the most attractive part about him. Studies have also shown that when a researcher is in uniform people will perform knowingly unethical actions because a man in "uniform" told them to do it. uniform effect people more significantly than we assume.

5. Rooni321

I'm not so sure why but I too like a girl in uniform :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Artemicion

Yep, uniforms catches my eyes xD. But also other kinds of clothing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: