1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regrets about 2011?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hana Solo, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know I have them. So do you? Is there anything you'd change if you had the chance? Is there anything you want to say to anyone?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biggest regret is self-harming for the first time in more than five years. I'm coming out of the year with a few new scars and a bit of nerve damage in my wrist and I regret it every single day.

3. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just wish I'd said 'I'm sorry' sooner, before it was too late. I wish I'd managed to bridge the gap. I regret ever harming, as now when I feel down I get the urge to harm. I wish I wasn't so scared of the world.

4. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My biggest regret is not spending enough time with my siblings, caring enough about my grades, or having my head on straight for the first half of the year.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in regret. And 2011 reassured me not too, since I let myself feel it once, and I spiraled downward from there. My only regret is letting myself regret something this year. I hope to never do it again.

6. Zontar

I didn't even try to get laid.

7. Mad Man L

I'd say one is not getting a GF/BF, and the other is taking so damn long to get over my straight crush. FFS, it was/is getting beyond a joke how long I was/am taking to get over him.

8. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well I've been struggling to get over the boy I fell in love with for years now. Like, three, Madman. It takes time.

9. Uniboth

This year (and the majority of last year) taught me a lot about life and the things I have to do to live it happily. While I wouldn't wish the things I've experienced on anyone, I learned too much to regret any of it. Although, I'm really hoping to be traumatized enough that I won't ever let it happen again.

Sadly, I've developed a weekly ups and downs mood swing kinda thing. I'd be happy one day, then all kinds of depressed the next. I guess that's normal. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I have learned to make the best of the ups though...like this very moment (yep, posting on EC is me taking advantage of my ups :roflmao:slight_smile:.

10. Countervail

regret:I missed the chance to say,"Fvcak you @#U%$tch!!" in front of my best friend's face, I wasted my time on her, all these years.

11. Fiddledeedee

I cut for the first time. I am annoyed at myself for not working harder in school and all, but that's to be expected and ignored; the self-harm, not so much.

12. IanGallagher

I fell in love with an amazing guy and ruined it because I was too scared to admit that in that instance I'd rather have a boyfriend than a girlfriend. I was too afraid of what others might think of me suddenly dating a boy, that I chose the girl for gender alone and lost everything. If I had to do it all over again, I'd tell him and show him how I really felt about him. It made me realize I have to follow my heart.

#12 IanGallagher, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  13. Daisy1

I wish I had taken the time to explore my sexuality sooner.

14. Aielar

I don't believe I've had any regrets from 2011: it's been a pretty good year for me. My family is closer to each other than it's been in about eight years, I am mostly out of the closet except for a few people, and I am on my way to finishing my diploma and getting off the Island :grin: I do regret not losing the extra few pounds I have, and not eating healthier, but those are my new years resolutions.

15. rachel1423

rachel1423 Guest

I don't regret often, but I regret spending so much time on the same person that in the back of my head I knew that she wasn't into me :/

16. Markio

I regret not figuring out what to do with my life. I had a very busy semester and I was very stressed out doing everything, and I'm proud that I got through it all, but I still feel like my life is over after I graduate. I do not want to live back at home with my parents, which means going to graduate school, but I don't want to go to graduate school to study something I am uncertain about pursuing as a long-term career.

I regret not having enough life experiences to make more informed choices about my future.

17. Rooni321

I don't really regret anything.
    I do wish though that I didn't fall in love so quickly and become weak when it came to the people I was in love with.
    I've really gotta work on that! I loved twice this year, thank goodness the second one has some sort of potential to flourish and turn into a mutual 'in love' -_-

18. DJT

DJT Guest

My regret is ... Not having much of a life to have regrets :/. Oh the irony!

19. BudderMC

The obvious one is I regret not coming out sooner. Even though I'm not done yet I can see that life being "out" is going to be way better.

Beyond that though, I regret not learning to follow my gut more. Partway through the year it became my mindset that I should follow my gut, because usually my first instinct pans out better than when I second-guess. I wish I learned that lesson sooner. Even if it doesn't always work out best, at least I'm being honest in what I'm doing.

20. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I regret something similar. I screwed up what I am pretty sure was a good thing with a guy I met near the beginning of this year because I was too scared to try a long-distance relationship, which had hurt me in the past. Turns out he's moving near me soon but no longer has any interest in me. Oooh well.

So if I had to have a resolution for the new year, it would be something along the lines of the "love like you've never been hurt" deal. I'm ready for someone to come along and I'm tired of giving myself excuses to turn away.

Here's hoping we both follow our hearts! (*hug*)