1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Was 2011 For You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Dec 26, 2011.

?

How was 2011 for you?

1. 1 - Worst Year Ever

12.7%
  2. 2

7.9%
  3. 3

12.7%
  4. 4

7.9%
  5. 5 - Average

11.1%
  6. 6

3.2%
  7. 7

14.3%
  8. 8

19.0%
  9. 9

6.3%
  10. 10 - Best Year Ever

4.8%
  1. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another year has nearly gone so I thought now would be an appropriate time to post this. :slight_smile:

So yeah, like last year vote on the poll above and answer the questions below! :wink:

2008 thread is here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/18762-how-2008-you.html
    2009 thread is here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/30684-how-2009-you.html
    2010 thread is here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/41714-how-2010-you.html

--------------------

1. The biggest change in your life this year?

2. What did you do over the summer?

3. How were relationships with boyfriends/girlfriends?

4. What news story sticks in your mind the most from 2011?

5. Favourite song from the year?

6. Favourite artist this year?

7. Did you make any new years resolutions and if so, did you stick to them?

8. What are you most proud of personally this year (i.e.- something you have done)?

9. Who are you most proud of (can be a famous or non- famous person)?

10. Did you have to learn any hard life lessons in the past 12 months?

11. Have you had any life-changing experiences in 2011?

12. Did you do anything you never thought you would do?

13. Did you gain any new qualifications?

14. What is your happiest memory from the year?

15. What was your most stupid incident (drunk stories would be good!)?

16. What things do you appreciate most in your life at the moment?

17. What are/were your plans for xmas/ new year?

18. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2012? What do you hope will be different?

19. How do you rate 2011 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)?

20. Will you still be on EC this time next year?

2. Eric

Moving about a lightyear away from home was probably the biggest change. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not very much. Occasionally hung out with friends, but mostly sat around on EC or playing games or some other crap. xD

Nonexistent.

It was the year of not one, but two failed raptures.

Uhm. I honestly have no idea what songs came out this year, but if it counts for anything, I have Katy Perry's "The One that Got Away" stuck in my head right now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I managed to not get fed up of hearing Adele music (yet), so we'll go with that. xD

If I did, I probably didn't stick to it considering I don't remember. xD

8. What are you most proud of personally this year (i.e.- something you have done)?

I didn't exactly do anything incredible that I look back on fondly, so not really anything.

No one really stands out in my mind this year, though I'm almost sure I'm forgetting someone.

Not really, but I still haven't learned from the "hard life lesson" I apparently learned last year. xD

None outside of moving. Oh, having to buy my own stuff all the time is kinda life-changing (and expensive). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Spent $400 +tax on an Android tablet. Spent $200 +tax on a PS3. Made a bunch of other "want-but-don't-really-need purchases, which is pretty out-of-character for me. xD

Not officially.

The end of my last semester of high school was just a blast. Can we use entire periods of time as the happiest memories?

Camping drunkenly with friends. I didn't throw up, but I had to take care of them (and clean up) because they don't know the first thing about puking directly into the toilet, apparently. Oh, we had a trailer, fyi. It was so gross the next morning.

Home-cooked meals. <3

Christmas is over now, but I visited a few relatives in the last few days, and shopped a bit today, so typical stuff, really.

18. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2012? What do you hope will be different?

I'm not gonna bother since I usually forget my resolution within a week. If I were to make one though, it would probably be to spend a bit less time online and to be a bit more social.

19. How do you rate 2011 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best)?

Hmm. 8 sound good enough? Yeah, sure, let's go with that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Let's put it this way: I don't really plan to leave for now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: FIRST! :grin:

3. IanGallagher

Looking back, or rather being forced to look back, this was actually a monumental year.

Openly being a bisexual male. My family and friends know, although my co-workers and extended family don't. I just find it would be too complicated to explain.

Continue interning at a top film studio. Commencement of dating life (a big move up from my previous social anxiety barriers).

First dates that didn't go anywhere - three with girls, one with a guy - but, that's better luck than average and a step in the right direction at least. Could have had an amazing boyfriend, but accidentally went with the girl due to gender alone and messed everything up. Last time I do that. Learn from mistakes.

Gay marriage being accepted in NYC. I was working in the Los Angeles LGBT branch on Prop 8 at the time, thus it really hit that things were or could progress.

5. Favourite movie from the year?

X-Men: First Class. This is the film that inspired me to come out to everyone else.

6. Favourite TV show this year?

Smallville.

I vowed to make the year a better year. And while things did blow up in my face, looking at it as a whole - I did progress in many respects.

I'm pretty sure I'm near completing one script and have completed another that's absolutely ready to be submitted. Ironically one of the answers in that script was the incorporation of LGBT elements. Plus, I have yet another gem on my hands! Two, actually, for these upcoming year/s! Yes! Goal for age 25? Usual first script sale age... Right on target!

My Dad. I saw him stand up to someone for a change. That completely reversed my fear that he was just a push-over. For those who've seen it, 'Rebel without a Cause' type fear.

Be sure to know who your friends are. I kind of found out one of my friends was just using me to get ahead and when push didn't come to shove - he was furious at me for not bending over for him. I was basically Eduardo in 'Social Network.'

Becoming sober. There was about a year and a half in my life where alcohol seriously effected me and I gave into it. Whenever something horrible happened? I drank my pain away. After a bad moment (that's described below) - I decided to give it up. I have not yet even once had a drink when I felt down in the dumps and when that thought does crop up? I beat it down and don't look back. I still drink, just casually or for fun now.

Coming-out.

Telling my parents I like guys.

Unsure what this means... although I did learn that I didn't need to be an intern to come into the top film studio office. Thereby, becoming more of an "on-call" guy rather than "24/7" guy.

Does being in Batman count, lol? I can't say anything beyond that.

I got caught in sunset boulevard drunk at 3 am at night! I had to get a ride back but was terrified of driving drunk, thus I tried to bum a ride off people...... someone was nice enough to give me a ride home without looking for anything in return... Thank god... I was really in a rough place mentally with that one.

Family, friends, and mentors with connections (score!).

To return home and fully press the reset button.

Further proceeding. Taking on numerous life decisions. This is the year. Progress has already been made. Now it's time to finish the journey from boy to man. Girlfriend. Scripts. Work. Incorporating everything in my life to become the man I'm meant to be.

7. Better than average. But still sucked at times.

I don't see why not.

#3 IanGallagher, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. Bolin

Finally reaching out to the LGBT community (a.k.a. joining Empty Closets)

When I wasn't working, I would usually be in the EC chat room, or I'd be at the movies (I went to the movies every weekend in April and for 3 weekends in June. Haha!)

...Forever alone. ._.

Osama Bin Ladin's death.

Hmmm....Dunno. :lol:

Um...going away from the general populace, I'll state my favorite Classical artist/orchestra of this year. :grin: Vivica Genaux's performance with Europa Galante (performing Vivaldi's opera Ercole sul Termondonte) made her my favorite opera singer. Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin is my favorite orchestra for this year. :slight_smile:

Didn't make any this year.

I'm proud of myself for finally starting to reach out to the LGBT community. :grin:

My best friend. He's been through so much and is still trudging on through, and it really, truly inspires me to give it my all.

Yes...that most of the time, love hurts. Also, I learned that Life doesn't like giving people breaks.

Yep! Quite a few, both bad and good.

Not really, but I was qualified to become a supervisor and/or manager-in-training at my old job, I believe.

The Skype conversation I had with my best friend this year that involved really dirty McDonald's pick-up lines. xD I've never laughed that hard in my life! haha

Most stupid incident...hmmm....I'm pretty level-headed, but by far the stupidest thing I've done (throughout the course of this year) is impulse-buy about 7-8 music CDs, 2 video games, and buy 5 pairs of shirts and a hoodie online...IN ONE DAY.

My best friend is one of them. He's really helped me get through my darkest moments this year, and he's helped me to open up and talk about my feelings when before, I'd just hide them and keep them bottled up. I also appreciate my discernment and experience with regards to certain things. This has helped me to avoid situations that became VERY messy, thus preventing me from getting in deep trouble. :lol:

None, really...went to my aunt's house for a dinner Saturday, which was fun. :slight_smile:

No. Whenever I do, the opposite happens. xD

I gave it a 1 in the poll, but it's more accurately a 2 or a 3. At lot of bad things happened this year, but EC has pulled me from the brink of absolute despair many times. :slight_smile: So it hasn't been completely bad. :slight_smile:

Normally, my activity on forums significantly decrease after a year of membership...hopefully, that won't be the case with EC. :grin: I love this place too much, haha. Even if my posting count decreases, I think I'll still use the chat room frequently. :slight_smile:

5. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I think the biggest change for me were my priorities. School isn't as important as it once was, and the people in my life take precedence now.

I was at a party practically every other day during the entire summer, and I worked when I wasn't drinking. That's it, basically.

I met a bunch of different boys, but nothing serious.

It definitely has to be the DADT repeal and everything that has come with that.

Bounce That by Girl Talk. ^_^

Girl Talk and Yelawolf.

Yes, I wanted to eat healthier and start exercising, and I've done it all year with no end in sight...

My best friend and I went on a spring break trip and had the craziest time ever. I've never been on my own for that long before, and I realized how much I'm really capable of.

I think I'm proudest of my sister. She's came so far, definitely an inspiration.

Yes, definitely. I've seen friends succumb to addiction this year.

Yes, and I made a thread about it on EC. This was the exact moment when all of my social anxiety started melting away.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/48731-quickie.html

Yeah, I flirted with insanely cute boys. I dropped my inhibitions and my pants. I experimented, and I don't regret it.

Yes, an internship. I made the Dean's List again.

There's too many to count, but it has to be spring break with my best friend. We petted sharks. We were attacked by penguins at the zoo. We went spelunking and trashed our hotel room with some genuine hillbillies. We were attached at the hip 24/7 for over a week. We're soul-mates. We were born for each other.

The most stupid one was definitely getting lost in the slums of Cincinatti for four hours with my best friend Sky. We were there for my other best friend's first fashion show. She's a model. We totally missed the show and her looks, and we were almost robbed by a homeless man.

Friends, definitely.

For New Year's Eve I'll be crashing with my sister and her fiance. We'll have a few drinks. Maybe I'll get a new piercing to herald in the new year again. ^_^

I want to tone my body more.

Sure, if you guys aren't tired of me by then... x_x

#5 Kidd, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
  6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moving house. I had lived at my old house for my entire life and had a load of memories there, but I moved into my new home on my 21st birthday. I have rather mixed feelings about the move because I do sorta miss my old house, but the street had changed a lot since I was little and it's more of a place for younger families than older families with young adult children.

I spent a lot of it chillaxing after a really busy year at university. I also spent quite a lot of time working on EC's incorporation as a non-profit organisation, which required a lot of late nights that didn't have me going to bed until about 7/8am. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm still with Mikeee! His patience with me has no limits. :eek:

The tsunami that hit Japan. I remember watching all the footage of it on the news and just thinking how awful and terrifying it must have been for all those involved. Although, New York's legalisation of same-sex marriage was a news highlight for moi! I watched the senate live when it was going on, and twas just amazing to see communities across the world watching in anticipation on Twitter.

Probably Katy Perry's 'The One That Got Away'. :slight_smile:

GLEE <3

Don't Swear. Don't bite my nails.

Did I manage it? Fuck no. My swearing seems to have dramatically increased, and my nails still get attacked by my teeth every so often.

Getting a First for my second year at University. I got one for my first year, but I didn't think I would get one again because of how difficult I found the work, but turns out I did a lot better than I thought I would. ^_^

All the EC'ers who have taken important steps this year to improve their lives. :eusa_clap

Not really. My year has had an absense of drama thankfully, so I've not had to overcome any hardships. The one thing I did learn was to have more confidence in my own ability though, which is why I've finally bitten the bullet and applied for Social Work training (rather than find another excuse to delay it yet again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Moving homes has certainly changed my life. I'm still mixed on whether it's for the better though.

Applied for a Postgraduate course in Social Work. It has been something I have wanted to do for *ages*, but I always never had enough confidence in my own ability to actually apply for it. Now I just hope that I will be accepted in 2012. :grin:

Nope, I'm still working towards my BA Hons in Sociology. :slight_smile:

Opening my second year results for university. :grin:

It would have to be when I went Christmas shopping and attempted to buy Disney's Beauty and the Beast DVD for my mum. It took me a while to realise that I had actually picked up a porn film with the same title.

Thankfully I realised before purchasing it.

My family. They know I don't particularly like Christmas day and the whole family gathering shizzle, but they still make an effort to make it a nice day and all that.

I'll be watching the fireworks at New Year on the TV! I'm more excited by New York's celebrations though, so I'll either watch that live on the internet or wait until the next day when it's on Yotube.

Stop swearing and stop biting my nails. The same resolutions I've had since about 2004.

8. There weren't any nasty dramas or anything to ruin it, so it gets a nice positive rating from me. :slight_smile: Twasn't an amazing year, but if every year of my life was like this one then I wouldn't complain.

I certainly hope so. I'll likely be entering some form of Postgraduate study before the end of 2012, so we'll just have to see how that affects my availability. I'll do everything I can to stick around though. :grin:

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started college and moved into my dorm. I also am totally out in college.

Graduated high school and had my party. Prepared for college. I also joined EC and began to accept who I am.

None

I would have to say that bin laden's death. I had just gotten back from New York the day that it was announced.

5. Favourite movie from the year?
    I would have to say Bridesmaids. It was really funny.

6. Favourite TV show this year?
    A tie between Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and Saturday Night Live.

I did not make any resolutions.

I came out to myself and some of my friends. I also came out to my mom. I also started college and I am 100% out there. I have also become a happier person.

I am proud of my mother. She got a new, better job this year. She is now not in a job that she is happy with.

I learned that people are cruel sometimes. I also learned how to accept myself for who I am. I also learned that it is important to trust people.

Coming out, graduating high school, starting college

I started to come out, I left my church and left religion altogether.

I graduated high school

I went on a trip to New York with my broadcasting class and had the most amazing time ever!!

I don't have any drunk stories, so this will have to do. I was playing tag during my last day of high school. I accidentally slipped on the concrete floor and fell on my knee. I broke my kneecap.

Friends, family, life

I stayed around my house for xmas. For New Years I am going all night bowling with my extended family.

I want to come out to more people. I also want to continue to do well in school.

8. It was really good from about March on. Before that it sucked.

Yep. I love it here!!

#7 BradThePug, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  8. needshelp

yes, i will. if i'm not, you'll know but i will most definitely be here if i'm alive. i'll always stop by to see what's going on.

9. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I came out to two people. Since then it has spread and I don't really know who knows anymore. I guess that's a big change.
    And college.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. EC chat, lazing on the internet, wandering around outside.

Nonexistent.

NY gay marriage, DADT repeal, Kardashian shit, etc.

I could never pick. Gaga's, Florence Welch's, Adele's, and Kelly Clarkson's new stuff is all great.

This was the year I discovered Jhameel and I have absolutely no regrets.
    Jessie J and Natalia Kills are really close seconds, though.

I didn't last year.

Adapting to college, coming out a little.

I don't normally feel "proud" for people.

The loss and distancing of high school friends as we move on, I guess.

Coming out. Graduating. Moving to college.

I...came out? I performed a musical about labor unions in a dirty auction house. Never saw that one coming...

High school diploma.

The last day or two of high school. Everybody just hanging around, listening to Edge of Glory with my friend, which I found quite fitting, having picnics, etc.

Well, spending $300 importing shit from Japan was a bad idea in hindsight.

My laptop. :3
    If you consider my roommate a thing, I guess him. Even though we share very few interests, I don't know how I would get through my college days without him.

For Christmas I suffocated in a cigarette-smoke-filled house and watched crappy cable shows.
    New Year's day I will stay up then go to bed or something.

I want...to be completely out. I want to be more outgoing. I want to at least hold a boy's hand romantically.

9 I guess. It was a big eventful year, and almost all of it was change for the better.

I'll be here. I'll always be here. Watching from the shadows. :eusa_shif

10. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Accepting I'm a gay girl (even though I'm still not able to say lesbian)
    So far? I've cleaned my room :frowning2:
    Great! Six months next month <3
    Honestly, I don't watch the news
    I don't keep track of song years. Mostly I listen to old ones lol
    See above
    No
    Standing up for myself to Kim
    My girlfriend <3
    Ooh yes
    Yes I have
    Yes I totally did
    No
    Sitting by the river talking with my gf <3
    Not your business
    My gf, my parents, my sister
    See family, recuperate for next year
    Nooo... I hope to come out at least a little
    Damn straight I will!

11. catcherinrye2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Another year has nearly gone so I thought now would be an appropriate time to post this.

So yeah, like last year vote on the poll above and answer the questions below!

2008 thread is here: How Was 2008 For You?
    2009 thread is here: How Was 2009 For You?
    2010 thread is here: How Was 2010 For You?

--------------------

I lost my dad this year unexpectedly.

Worked a lot.

N/A

Take One Last Breath - Abandon All Ships

Old Man Markley

Nah, I've never done them.

My grades in school.

I dunno...

Because of #1, I've had to learn to lean on people more and be supportive.

See #1

I took a class that focused on Linux and networking, so I learned how to setup a bunch of network services/gear.

Moving into our new house

My family and friends.

New years I'm going to be hosting a new years show.

I'm hoping that 2012 will be much better than 2011. Hoping I'll come out of my shell a little more.

Probably a 2-3.

Who knows what the future holds!

12. Eponine

Graduating from college and moving back home soon afterwards.

I mostly stayed at home, but I went to pride, had a Glee marathon with my friend, and did some other things here and there. Oh, my 21st birthday happened too. xD

Didn't have any.

Looking back, the first thing that popped up was the earthquake in Japan.

"The One That Got Away" by Katy Perry.

Everyone involved in the NieR soundtrack. Emi Evans, Okabe Keiichi, etc.

Pretty sure I had none.

I guess graduating from college was something I'm proud of. I didn't fail any of my finals that I complained so much about. xD

Uh... Idk.

Kind of. Real life basically sucks a lot. I wish I could be back in school and continue living in my largely naive bubble.

Apart from graduating, nothing much else.

I had a very fun 21st birthday. I'll just leave it at that. Haha

I suppose my bachelor's degree in biochemistry and molecular biology is a kind of qualification. ^_^

I can't think of one in particular. Being with friends on my 21st, hanging out with Maddy in San Francisco, going on food adventures and having tv show marathons with my friend from high school...

Well, not eating anything before I got drunk on my 21st was pretty stupid. xD

My mother and my friends, but that's more continuous rather than being a moment.

Eating, I guess. No idea if I'll do anything or get invited to anything for New Year's Eve.

I don't see why I'd have to make a resolution starting at the beginning of the year. I change my life when I feel it's appropriate (and I don't think anything's really worth changing yet).

7. It was one of the best years of my life. I really felt alive. But there were just so many difficult moments for me. As a whole, it's really just bittersweet for me.

I've stayed for a few years now. I wouldn't know if that'll change anytime soon (or over the next year).

13. Gallatin

Accepting myself as gay and starting to come out.

Went on a couple of vacations and got my first job.

I dated a girl right before I came out. She ended up being one of the first friends that I came out to, and she's become one of my best friends since. Other than that, I was happily single throughout the year.

It's kind of a toss-up between DADT being repealed and Bin Laden being killed.

I don't listen to much new music.

See above.

Nope, didn't make any resolutions.

See #1 - accepting myself and coming out to some close friends and family.

Eh, I'm drawing a blank on that one. There might be somebody, but I can't think of anybody right now.

Oh yes, unfortunately.

Yup. Some, like coming out, were for the better. Others were not.

Yes, both good and bad.

Nope, still working on my BA in History.

Being able to see a few Premier League soccer teams from England play over the summer.

Getting really drunk while on a cruise in Russia, and trying to replicate Leonardo DiCaprio's "I'm king of the world!" moment from Titanic on the bow of the ship at 3am in the morning.

My family, my health, a few close friends, and my dog.

For Christmas, we had some family and neighbors come over for dinner. For New Year's Eve, my parents will be throwing a small party.

Continue coming out, be a bit more outgoing and social, and try to attend most of my classes.

I rate it a 4, barely. There were a few good things, but they were overshadowed by some not so good things.

I don't see why not!

14. Rooni321

Discovering that I am somewhere in the lgbtqqa spectrum

Lots of summer camps and jobs

I have a decent relationship with my current gf

The floods in Thailand

Edge of Glory

Johnny Cash

Yes. Yes and no unfortunately.

Losing weight. Starting up running again.

My mom for holding up so well this year

Of course, I'm still learning right now.

Yes, I can't believe it. It makes me so mad!

Oh yes lol never thought I'd be in this emotional state right now now and have a gf. My lawd.

Not really :frowning2:

Spending time with my brother/best friend koko! He understood me the most out of anyone I've ever known in my entire life. Bffe<3

Leaving my purse unattended with over 70$ in it on the boat at prom -_-

The fact that I'm still breathing. I'm glad my grandmas around too.
    I think there's a possiblity that I've found more people that care about me.

Spending time with the family <3

Yes, I just want to get healthy! I want to get better and I hope therapy will help!

A 2 or 3

My goodness I hope so!

<3333

15. alex1170

Coming to terms with who I really am.

Spent the first part trying out for the US national team in the sport I play. I didn't make it but I was very close. Next year maybe. Other than that traveled the east coast for a bit and hung out with friends

IDK if you can call him a boyfriend yet, but I am seeing him pretty regularly. It has been great so far, hooray for closeted relationships.

the whole osama thing probably.

I would never be able to answer this, there are so many.

again, tough. But I will go with miike snow. There are many others though

I did, try harder in school even though I thought I was trying as hard as I could. Turns out I could try harder. I was on top of that S***.

There is a lot. I am proud of everything I do, mostly.

Not sure, for some reason I think of my mom though. Single mother is tough to beat.

Sometimes planning ahead is necessary...I like to live in the moment.

not sure, only time will tell.

have sex with a guy.

Not really

this one time where I proved that I was clearly the top guy on my D1 sports team. I was on a high for like a week. Everyone was complimenting me on my achievement, it was pretty awesome.

Once I threw up after only having a sip of beer, it was really weird (not my first time having alcohol or anything like that). Everyone laughed, but I shrugged it off and just kept drinking all night, haha.

My family and friends, as always.

Christmas is over now, but for new years I am spending it with this guy I am sort of with at a ski resort. It is going to be a lot of fun I think.

Same as last year, I need to work harder at school again. The summer softens me up I think.

8, because I want to leave wiggle room. It was pretty good though.

I suppose. I have no reason not to be right now.

16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Relationships with friends. Became much closer to some people and much less close to others. Also losing my cat, and being without a pet for the first time in my life.

Mostly hanging out with friends being unproductive.

Started the year with two crushes, one that made sense and was simple, one lingering crush on a friend that had recently been made impossible to shove aside. Both ended up hurting me, one badly. Recently things have brightened up, we're not official yet, but my heart's been stolen by a girl with an English accent.

Bin Laden.

Without a doubt, 'Just a Kiss' by Lady Antebellum.

Lady Antebellum, Pink, haven't paid much attention.

I didn't.

Going to San Francisco. Saving up for, planning, and executing a trip overseas without much help.

My best friend.

Sometimes, you can't make a situation okay.

Travelling overseas. Having my heart broken.

Got drunk. Made out with guys, and a significant number more girls than in the rest of my life before it. Sang Disney at 1.30am in a park. The San Francisco trip in general.

Level 2 first aid if that counts xD

Two - the San Francisco trip in general (best moments being Alcatraz, hanging out with Vic, and finding myself spontaneously smiling when I never really do that), and my first kiss with Emily.

Drinking too much, getting melancholy, and drunk texting too many people (including Stuie and Lychee) at a friend's birthday.

My friends.

Christmas plans were overturned by the enormous hailstorms hitting Melbourne, where apparently my suburb was the worst affected, complete with a tornado touching down. Probably going to my friend Marco's for NYE.

I don't make resolutions.

3. There were a few great moments, but in general, I was hurt too much for it to be a good year at the end of it all.

I'm not planning to leave.

17. seeksanctuary

Breaking up with my ex-fiance of three years, for sure. Also, getting together with my best friend of seven years. it's just such an amazing change.

I... honestly, nothing. :/ With my ex around, it was difficult to do anything.

My abusive ex-fiance got kicked out. I now have a wonderful boyfriend; he has always been so supportive of me, as we've been best friends for forever, and admitted he loved me once I'd had some time to rest and recover.

The earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I was sick in the emergency room right when it happened. :[ It was so horrible, seeing the images on TV.

Give Me Everything Tonight, by Pitbull.

Lady Gaga, for sure.

No... x_X I didn't. It felt pointless.

Getting out of an abusive relationship! I find that so empowering.

My boyfriend. :] Haha. He's been so amazingly sweet and careful with me; it's just wonderful, and I know it took SO much for him to tell me how he felt about me.

Yes. :/ My cat died in October. She was the first animal I have actually seen die; we put her to sleep and it was so difficult to let go. But it was a good lesson, even if it was horrible and sad. She taught me that I can let go, that I can be okay and be sad and cry and that I'd still make it through.

Quite a few. See everything above!

... Again, see everything above. xD; I also wrote porn! I never thought I'd do that, and I did. Haha.

Unless writing porn counts, no. ;]

Oh geeze... getting with my boyfriend, by far.

I farted in a diner. I didn't mean to, it just happened. D:

My boyfriend, my family, my pets and my wonderful friends.

I opened presents with family. :] For New Years... I have no idea, haha. I will be on the phone at midnight with my boyfriend.

Yes! My resolution is to go gluten-free, save for exactly ONE pizza I will be buying when I get a settlement check. xD

The entire year, up until November - 3.
    December - 8.

:3

Hopefully. :]

18. Mad Man L

Going from out to 5 people to out to 500. (Over-exaggeration probably). Finding out the new me.

I'll take the summer of 2010/2011. School Choir Trip around Europe, and a few other things with friends. Aside from the trip, nothing really special, but Choir trip was great. :grin:

Non-existent. I walled myself in when it came to relationships this year.

Queensland January 2011 floods.

Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane

None.

7. Did you make any new years resolutions and if so, did you stick to them?]

No New Year's Resolutions, most of them are pointless things.

Getting a Gold Music Award/Bronze Cultural Award, and probably getting a Silver Academic Award.

Can I say myself? Because I'm not really proud of anybody I know.

No, aside from the usual 'People are stupid' stuff. I did learn that people hate it when you have an opinion contrary to the majority, but stuff that, I'm indie, in the sense I hold my own values and opinions, independent of the mainstream. That's not to say I'm completely against/opposite to the majority all the time, just some of the time.

Choir Tour was somewhat life-changing, but otherwise, nothing spectacular.

I started a blog, which I didn't expect to do.

No.

Semi-formal. It was just nice to be with people I'm good friends with, and I just felt really happy.

My straight crush finding out I liked him. The entire thing was stupid, and it really pissed me off tbh.

A sense of security (i.e. there isn't going to be any huge shitstorm blowing up in my face), good friends, surety about where my life is going,

17. What are/were your plans for xmas/new year?

Nothing. Just sitting at home, dusting, doing not a lot, and all that stuff.

I'm hoping to get rid of my procrastination habit, but that is more long-term. I'm hoping to try and find more male friends away from my current ones,which I've found are majority a bunch of virgin/basement dweller/dickheads. Some of them are OK, but I'm going to find myself a new home.

Relative to 2010, this year was infinitely better. I'd say 2011 would be around a 7. It's sort of like a recovery year, if you put 2010 for me into economic terms, it's sort of like the GFC.

I'm inclined to say yes.

19. Jonathan

Deciding to transfer to another school.

Relaxed, played games, and became a hermit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yea...not so much.

First one that comes to mind is Osama Bin Ladin's death.

"The One that Got Away" by Katy Perry

Probably Adele

I didn't really make any for this past year.

I'll go with keeping a relatively good GPA and passing organic chemistry :slight_smile:

I'm proud of both my brothers. I'm proud of my little brother for adapting so well to Middle School and starting to apply himself more (and not always asking for my help). I'm proud of my older brother for his new job, his work ethic and really starting to get the different parts of his life together.

I'll go with the cynical statement of: emotions suck...

In the first half of the year I didn't get accepted in the university that I wanted to transfer to which had the dramatic affect of ruining everything I had planned out. i.e moving to St. Louis and living with my friend and her boyfriend (we already had the house picked out, budgets planned and etc )

Ummm...not that I can really think of.

Not entirely sure what you mean by qualifications...but I'll go with no.

My happiest memory of the year is the night I spent four hours sitting in my driveway with my bestie in her car and we just talked about life and everything. Conversations like that don't happen often and I just loved it.

Hmmm...there are a few things that could go here lol. One would be getting completely wasted on my birthday, being taken to the hospital for alcohol poisoning and having to deal with the Office of Student Misconduct for all of it (waste of my money and time...). Another could be getting attached to someone I shouldn't have and ending up being devasted later on because of it.

Family and friends (classic, I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

My plans for Christmas were to do what I basically do every year. On the 23rd I wend downtown with my dad's side of the family. Then I spent Christmas Eve at my dads house. Christmas morning I open gifts at dads and then go to my mom's to open more gifts and then spend the rest of Christmas there. New Year...not too sure yet. It all depends on how I'm feeling from teh night before (my sister's going away party).

18. Are you making any new years resolutions for 2012? What do you hope will be
    different?

Yea, I'm making the resolution to get myself into better shape. I'm going to start working out with my older brother for motivation. I hope that I am able to be overall more motivated this year and that I start being myself more (higher self-esteem).

I think I'll go with a 4...this year wasn't spectacular.

Definitely :grin:

20. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I graduated from college in May ... besides that my life has been similar as it was the past several years.

I swam a lot since I have a pool. Hung out with my friends. Took some online summer classes. Basically just enjoyed my summer. No work since my job is nonexistent in the summer.

Eh, so so. The beginning of the year until about the end of the summer was pretty lame with just a few jerky guys. As of now I have no official boyfriend but I've been talking with this guy that I'm very interested in and hoping he feels the same way.

The horrible tsunamis in Japan, the Occupy Wall Street Movements, the Arab Spring, Withdrawing American troops from Iraq.

Probably "Someone Like You" by Adele

Tough one ... either Katy Perry or Justin Bieber, yes I said it, Justin Bieber lol

I probably did but I don't remember them so yeah, they're not valid anyways lol

As I mentioned earlier, graduating college with my BA in Psychology.

I would say I'm most proud of my friend for making positive changes in her life and moving on, hopefully starting a new life next year.

None that comes to mind ...

Not this year, no...

Honestly, finish college. I never struggled but after high school I was burned out with school so I'm very happy I completed my Bachelor's Degree.

Well, I have my BA in Psychology and I'm also qualified to teach French and Italian at the secondary education level.

Going to Hawaii in May.

Probably regretting something I said to someone. Nothing specific comes to mind.

Definitely my family and friends. Also being so lucky to be able to have gone to college and able to continue with furthering my education and keeping my job.

Xmas was pretty laid back just staying at home with the family and no big plans for New Years yet.

A very common one ... lose weight. I hope what will be different is I can move away and start my own life. Hopefully with that special someone but hey, I won't push it. :slight_smile:

I would say about a 5. A lot of good things happened like me graduating college and going on cool vacations but I've also had family problems (just recently) with my grandfather being ill and hospitalized (he still is...) and just not knowing what's going to happen with him is always worrysome.

If I have internet access and the website is still up and running, I'm sure I'll be around. :slight_smile: