1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How patriotic are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Dec 28, 2011.

?

How patriotic are you?

1. 100%

2.4%
  2. 90%

4.9%
  3. 80%

7.3%
  4. 70%

12.2%
  5. 60%

2.4%
  6. 50%

4.9%
  7. 40%

4.9%
  8. 30%

9.8%
  9. 20%

7.3%
  10. 10%

12.2%
  11. 0%

31.7%
  1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering.

I'm not patriotic at all. In fact, I dont have a country.

2. Emberstone

i voted 100% only to make a point. there is no actual quantifiable definition of patriotisem, at least in america, and I suspect elsewhere, so most people who you ask are going to say they are highly patriotic because in their mind, they are.

We have to remeber that there are still people, powerful people, who claim the 1964 civil rights act was unpatriotic. Yet, for others, further breaking down institutionalized discrimination against african americans is viewed as highly patriotic, because it is living up to the notion that "all men are created equal with inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Some people say blindly following a leader because they are the leader is patriotisem, but america was founded on challanging the leader (the british throne), and we dont call the american revolutionaries to be unpatriotic, do we?

in the end, if one is to be honest, I would say my patriotisem is about 80%, because I believe strongly in the ideals we still strive to achieve, but cringe at the idiocy of our political system that is, in part, a hinderence rather than an help at times.

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didnt tell you to scientifically quantify your patriotism. I simply asked you to vote in the poll so we could get some sort of an idea of how patriotic you are. Just because percentages are involved you assume that I am seeking for 100% accuracy when, in actual fact, I am just looking to get a general idea of how patriotic people feel.

So, what was your point again?

4. Colton

I put 30%. I'm not that patriotic >_>

5. Mad Man L

I put 70%. I'm quite patriotic, although there are things about Australia which could be improved. e.g. the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere, and we have a commie who controls our Senate. -.-

6. seeksanctuary

I put 10%.

I like America in general. I think the land is beautiful, and I like most of the laws. The general idea is great... and I get upset when people hurt Americans just because they are Americans. But I have no great love for all Americans, nor the government; I don't say the pledge, I don't sing the anthem, I don't wave flags around. And I don't consider myself an American, so much as a inhabitant of North America. *shrugs*

7. J Snow

I put 50%. A country is just a place. People are people are people.

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much the same as seeksanctuary, except I consider myself technically an American. I put 0%.

9. No One

I said 80%. I love America, I love being American, but there are always things that could be improved on.

I think people who say they are 0% are lying even to themselves. The truth is, if you were to go live in another country, there would be things you missed about yours.

10. I put 0%. I hate Portugal and I can't wait to get out of here for good.

11. Jonathan

I went with 30%. I'm not really that patriotic.

12. Zontar

Very. I believe, for the most part, that the United States hits the mark quite often...although we have our fair share of royal fuckups I'm not afraid to call it out on. Vietnam and Iraq come to mind.

13. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Below half. My heart belongs to UK, my soul connects to Japan, my body is left at the Phil. :grin: That's quite bad. At least, I'm still very proud that I'm 100% Filipino.

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well I'm not to fond of "Pride", well its ok being proud of who you are, but I mostly seen the "I'm ___ , so **** you!!!!" etc etc

15. FleetFish

I put 0, but I don't mean that I think of my country negatively. It's just that I like to think of us ALL as being part of the same world, and I would rather have that kind of togetherness rather than countries versus countries. I feel like identifying super strongly with a country/whatever lends itself too easily to being against other countries and peoples, if that makes sense?

I mean, it's cool if you think of yourself as patriotic. I realize that it isn't always a bad thing. I just prefer to think of the world as more united, rather than as fragmented as we tend to be.

Sorry if this is rambly...

16. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    70% I love Australia and am damned proud to be an Aussie.

17. needshelp

yeah, i'm an american. it's as much as a big deal to me as being black, short, and gay. i'm not going to let a characteristic of me dictate how i should live my life, what i should do and how i should feel about a particular situation that involves where i was born and raised and was the playground where i spent most of my days.

18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not a big fan of America most of the time. Sure, it's beautiful in areas and there are some great people here. Maybe it's because I'm from the midwest that I'm not a big fan of my own country. People can be a-holes.

I get tired of how stuck up American government is. The government thinks they can go over to other countries and take over/make other countries accept its political ideology. I hate how we go to war, I hate how we treat gay people historically, I dislike a lot about this country. I put 0% just because throughout my life I have not liked America very much. Mainly due to military concerns. War is not my friend.

19. Porphyrogenitus

Go Greens :eusa_danc

I also put 70%, but that was essentially just a conveniently middle-upper guess. It's a very difficult thing to quantify, especially if you don't think about it all that much.

20. ANightDude

Rude. :dry: