1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paranormal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MommaFrog, Dec 29, 2011.

?

Do you beleive?

1. Yes and I have seen

17 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Yes but never seen

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Not a chance

20 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. I'm not sure

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. MommaFrog

I was wondering how many of the LGBT community beleive in the paranormal or have seen anything paranormal....

Can you tell me what you have seen?

And I mean ghosts, deamons, angles, ANYTHING

---------- Post added 29th Dec 2011 at 11:08 PM ----------

I suppose I should explain things I have seen.

I have seen ghosts. I can see auras, I see someone and i see their aura. Animals too... I've always been able to do it. I can't do it with pictures, or online. I have to be looking at the person.

Ghosts are just Auras without bodies, at least to me...

I will be happy to answer questions

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I believe the paranormal exists. I believe in the supernatural. I just don't know whether it comes from God or the Devil and so avoid it. But I do believe in it.

3. Suracis

Suracis Guest

I guess I do believe it and I kind of wish I could see things but at the same time, perhaps ignorance is bliss in this case? :slight_smile:

I'm sort of surprised you saw demons because aren't demons the ones who intentionally cause physical harm to people?

4. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I particularly believe in angels, and have felt them helping me when I don't have the strength to go on myself on my own strength. I pray to God and He helps me- through HIs angels at times I believe.

5. MommaFrog

I've never been able to avoid... I've always been able to see auras, so its always been part of me

Um, not really, Deamons are hard to explain, I've never seen one, but I've seen the effects on someones aura left by one

6. Ridiculous

As far as I'm concerned the paranormal, supernatural and superstitious are complete bullshit.

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" after all. If there's something we don't understand fully, I'd much rather wait until we do understand instead of filling the knowledge gap with some sort of fantastical being.

7. MommaFrog

I'm not a fantastical being and I am technically paranormal, since I see auras

8. Ridiculous

In this case the auras themselves would be the fantastical element.

I'm not saying you can't see something, just that until there is demonstrable proof that they exist I'm not going to just take your word for it.
    It could be something completely logical, such as chemical reactions in a human body emitting infrared or ultraviolet radiation while photoreceptors in your eyes can sense radiation outside the range normally visible to humans. Or it could be a psychological response (built upon the method used in the brain to determine someone's mood from their facial expression) that for some reason is rendering the mood detection as some sort of colour/aura/whatever you see.

Neither of those explanations contain any sort of supernatural or paranormal element in their explanation, so it still means you can see auras, it just isn't paranormal.

9. Markio

I don't believe in ghosts, I'm just afraid of them.

10. starfish

I don't have an opinion. I don't have any evidence to support not deny the existence of the paranormal. However it is not something that I see as consequential to my life so I am not seeking out said evidence.

tl;dr don't know; don't care.

11. J Snow

I have had multiple "paranormal or spiritual" encounters that I cannot explain, so to me it is an undeniable fact. I don't much care if people choose not to believe though. That's their own choice.

12. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I believe and had some encounters with the supernatural before. I also have some abilities relating to it but I never really confirm it to anybody since not all believe.

13. catcherinrye2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My family used to live in a 150 year old house, and my family told me they saw shadows and felt like they were being watched. I never felt anything.

14. RebelD

I have seen some weird and unexplainable things, but is it paranormal or is there some explanation I will probably never know. Not that it matters, doesn't change a thing about life

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having studied a lot of this sort of stuff (shamanism, energetic healing, the like) and taken various professional trainings... I'm pretty far out there in terms of openmindedness about paranormal things. Yes, I've definitely experienced things that would fall outside the realm of ordinary human experience.

But at the same time, I try to balance that openness with a healthy dose of skepticism and scientific/rational thought.

Sometimes it's a challenge to balance the two :slight_smile:

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't believe in anything paranormal or ghosts. I made sure to not believe in them when I was a kid because I was so scared. I'm not sure what I think about angels. I know it sounds dumb but I don't believe in any bad spirits or ghosts because I don't want to live my life in fear. I get scared very easily. But if there are good angels then yay! I don't think about it much.

17. Mad Man L

The 'paranormal' in my opinion is stupid. One reason for becoming an atheist (that is, I don't believe in spirits or anything like that) is because I believe spirits, the paranormal and similar are BS.

18. Tiny Catastrophe

I was kind of unsure if I believed in it until my godsister's sister and nefew's funeral. We were all sitting in her living room after the wake and when someone mentioned that they wish they could have had the baby in her arms instead of just laying on her in the casket, one light flicked and then stayed on. We all believe that was her telling us she was holding the baby.

19. Hexagon

Then they would be seen on infrared and UV cameras/sensors. Also, both types of radiation are black, and so I doubt they would be seen as colour.

My best bet if they do exist at all (which I doubt) is that the body emits a type of energy that we don't yet understand and can't detect, but there is a gene which allows it to be seen by some people. But in all honesty, I don't think it does exist.

I'm openminded about it in the sense that if you give me proof then I'd believe (if the proof is conclusive).

20. Porphyrogenitus

I'm willing to admit that science, as it stands, doesn't know everything and can't explain everything. So is science. Clarke's Third Law also springs to mind - 'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.' I'm not claiming there are aliens around, but if you replace 'sufficiently advanced technology' with 'sufficiently unexplained scientific phenomenon', you get the point.

But my real answer probably is, I don't know and really don't care all that much. By its very nature, the paranormal doesn't intrude very much at all into the lives of the vast majority of people. And we currently lack the ability to even ask the right questions, let alone study it in a meaningful manner. That doesn't mean it does exist, but it doesn't mean it doesn't, either.

Of course, one could argue that, once a phenomenon is able to be understood, it ceases to be part of the paranormal and becomes part of the... normal.