1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Figure out if a friend is gay aswell without asking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LivingLife, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LivingLife

Well the title says it all :icon_redf I know the "you won't really know for sure without asking" thing but I just kind of want some clues, u know...

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does your friend know you are gay?

3. LivingLife

Noope I'm not out to anyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Azza

Well seems you can't ask them have they ever had a girlfriend? Do they frequently show an interest in women? That's probably the best way to tell if someone is gay or not, try not to go off stereotypes as they can usually be unreliable! Also you could probably check for them checking out guys (I'm assuming there a guy) it'll be a quick glance as you can't really help it if a hot guy walks past:lol: but there isn't really a sure way of knowing without asking.

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Suggestions:

• Invite him to a sleep over, walk around in your underwear and judge his reaction.
    • Come out to him.
    • Check his internet browser history and other such things.
    • Tell him a secret of yours (do you have any significant other ones?).
    • Find a film which has a passing reference to someone in it being gay, pretend you've never seen it before and suggest that you watch it together. When the gay thing comes up say; "I wonder what its like to be gay?" judge his reaction.

What do you have against just asking him?
    What makes you think he might be gay?

6. LivingLife

Aw thanks the Sleepover thing made me laugh sounds like youve done this sort of thing before eh?

7. Suracis

Suracis Guest

I think the best way to tell if someone is gay or not is to look at what they're looking at. Sub-consciously, people like to look at things they find attractive and so, if your friend tends to look at girls more than guys, it's a safe assumption that he's heterosexual. It works on the opposite end of spectrum as well. However, there's always the peripheral vision you have to watch out for because I know that even though I'm talking to a woman and my eyes are obviously on her, I can very well use my peripheral vision to look at a guy I find attractive. It's very hard to catch.

8. Emberstone

this always works:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QawljZ90iiM[/YOUTUBE]

but if not, it is always safest just to ask. better than thinking you know, then hitting on them, and making everything so weird you have to spend time apart for a while.