1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by midwestgirl89, Dec 31, 2011.

1. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you all have any stories of random (or not random) acts of kindness? I figured this might be an interesting thing to talk about.

Here's something that happened to me.>>>

I was working at Disney so a friend and I went to an expensive French restaurant in Epcot one night. We just wanted to try the food even though we knew it was so expensive. We weren't going to get any discounts. She and I ordered the three-course meal since it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing. The food was great.

We were sitting next to a couple (in their 60s) who apparently were celebrating an anniversary. They started talking to us and we had a nice conversation. We told them about how we worked at Disney and they said we seemed like really nice girls. At the end of dinner, the waiter said to my friend and me "They took care of your dinner." I was flabbergasted. Each dinner was $50 each. That is $100!! I was amazed and went to leave a tip. The couple gave him a tip too. We thanked them and said they didn't have to do that but that it was very nice. They never gave us their name or expected anything in return.

I almost cried that night. It was probably one of the best moments ever for me. After that dinner I couldn't believe how nice they were. They talked to us for maybe 15 minutes and didn't even know us. But yet they spent over $100 on us. On random strangers. I was feeling depressed then and they brightened up my day and made me feel better for a while. I can honestly say my life was better because of them. And I'll never get to thank them again. I hope they know how much it meant.

Do you have any stories like this?