1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

style icons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Rooni321

So lately people have been telling me I look like a hipster and I'm trying to shy away from that.
    I like 'screamo', punk, hip hop/rap, pop, and real country music so I would like to exert my 'rock and roll' side a bit more. I have a septum ring and gagues and wear plenty of makeup if I want to. I am not skinny and I'm not fat. Sometimes I even dress a bit rockabilly to accentuate my curves.
    ANYWAYS, the point is that I want to dress like them girls with tattoos while still looking clean and relaxed. Because I'm not much into tight clothing or looking dirty.

Any ideas or people or places I can shop that I can base a new wardrobe off of?

2. Raug

I get called a hipster too. x3

Anyways what look are you going for?

3. Rooni321

Lol doesn't it suck?

But yeah I'm looking for something laid back and clean cut. It probably wouldn't include many bright colors. Maybe something slouchy and stylish like a tattoo artist would wear.

No kat von d though, I cannot pull that off!

4. Cook

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why don't you try the 60's Grace Slick look? It's still got some of the hipster stuff you like but with all the style and beauty Gracie had in the sixties!

Anyway, aren't hipsters todays hippies??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Rooni321

Wow! She's gorgeous but I'm trying to get away from my hipsterness at the moment.

I guess I'm looking for something or someone edgy but clean that I could mirror in my style.

6. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My style icons are all pretty much bloggers... I'm not really into celebs unless it's Nicole Richie. Her style is flawless, haha. I know I can't link you to blogs that are off-site, but is it still permissible to recommend blogs without linking to them? I'm confu-u-used.

7. Rooni321

As long as it doesn't identify you then its fine I think lol

8. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All right then! I would look up Fated to Be Hated, which is probably my all-time favorite fashion blog. Bebe Zeva is my age but her style is YEARS ahead of mine. I wish I was that fearless with my wardrobe.

Zana Bayne from Garbage Dress is maybe more of what you're looking for, though? Her style's amazing. Another favorite is Nicolette Mason--she's a queer plus-size blogger who lives in New York City. Love her. She can go anywhere from girly to goth, and I really like her style. Another plus size blogger whose style is flawless is Hayley of Fashion Hayley. Couldn't recommend her blog enough and I'm totally envious of her style. Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head who are really fashion forward.

9. Rooni321

Thanks a bunch! I'll totally check them out soon :slight_smile: