1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smh. i completely forgot how to cry. how do you cry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Jan 3, 2012.

1. needshelp

:tears: you know, last night since the time just struck midnight, i went to somewhere and i guess i felt a bit lonely and out of place to the point where it triggered that depression button in me. during the gathering and on the way home, i could feel the depression building up to the point to the point where i was on the bus, my eyes were watering and i found myself on the brink of just letting it all out but i just couldn't do it. i haven't cried in almost 11 years. i'm tired of holding myself back. it's annoying as hell.

2. breakingboxes

It is so hard but so healthy to let it out.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the feeling. I hid my emotions for years, but one day they just came out of nowhere. I still feel weird dealing with my emotions, because I hid them for so long. Maybe you could try finding a place where you could let it all out at.. that's what I eventually had to do. I realized that I had been hurting my emotional and physical health because of all the stress that I had been putting on myself.

Also, I guess busses are where emotions hit you, because I was on a bus ride back from a school event (that we did not do well at) and I started crying and punched a window.
    10 stitches in my hand later... I realized that I had started to cry, then got angry and punched the window.

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

bro, friggit, i hate seeing you in such a funky place, but i totally feel you at the same time...because we've been on the same roller coaster the whole time.

i shut down at 14 and vowed i wouldn't cry till the end of high school. and i didn't. then i couldn't anymore bro, and i'm just starting to learn how to cry again. bro, i love you man (((((hug)))))

5. Rooni321

Jeez man let it out!
    My instructor taught me that crying is cleansing.
    That doesn't mean you have to cry over anything, anywhere but its not healthy to keep it in. I know that forsure, I feel like this sometimes too!
    There's not many people who have seen me cry.

6. needshelp

same exact situation. last time i cried was at aunt's funeral back in april 2001 and the way i cried made me feel embarrassed. it was a whole lot more then her death that made me breakdown like that. after that, i vowed i wouldn't cry anymore and have lost that. it hurts a whole lot more when you're hurt and you can't just let it go. then again, i probably would be crying all the time so.. i love you too. (*hug*)

see, have you ever just have a moment where something just triggers the sadness in you to the point where you just want to cry? that's the prob. if it were up to me, i would be crying at a lot of things. i probably would cry at my job. i would cry on the bus. i would cry in my sleep. i would cry at the gym. you know because there's times where i get sad randomly. tonight was a different story but there's times where i shouldn't even be upset and then a thought comes up or somebody does something and it completely kills everything.

hell, there's nothing wrong with crying in front of people. it's kind of weird but i think seeing somebody cry is a reminder that we're all human.

i'll try crying under my pillow if i can force the tears out. then again, the next hour, i might not feel sad anymore. that's another thing. one minute, the crying mode comes around and the next minute, everything's fine. it's annoying as hell. it's like an involuntarily response. it's like emotionally, everything will be fine even though in my mind, i know everything isn't okay. same haunting thoughts just different emotions.

yeah, buses or rather public transportation just brings out emotions in me. might feel like crying a river on the bus and then i'll get all calm and collective on the train. i hate public transportation but damn @ you punching the window. was it on a school bus or a public transpo bus?

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

tell me about it. it's one of the hardest things to do besides coming out this damn funky smelling closet.

7. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

at 14 on Tuesday my great grandmother died, then a week later on Tuesday my grandfather died, then two months later on a Tuesday, my aunt died. I was so embarrassed about crying at school, I made that vow. and it hurt me so badly because I felt so deeply, but I didn't know how to let it out. bro i am feeling with you and you will not cry forever, but for a season, we have to cry. (((((HUG)))))
    love, me

8. Rooni321

Of course, I have a depression problem to I deal with those moments every day.
    Its just about finding the appropriate place to cry and finding the root of why it is those things trigger your emotions. Even if it seems like its for no reason, there's something behind every emotions.

9. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

BTW, to clarify, it was when I was age 14 that all those deaths happened on Tuesadys and I made the vow not to cry. holding that and anger in really did a number, so i totally understand

10. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't even cry anymore because I every time I try to cry I end up yawning instead, which sucks, because the medicine I'm on makes me want to cry all the time. :/

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same problem... I can barely cry. Maybe our lives just don't suck enough, or crying has not become a reaction to it. I cried like crazy when I hit my knee (felt like I hit my funny bone really hard) a few weeks ago.

12. Jonathan

I barely cry as well. If I had to try to guess why, I'd say it's becasue I try to bury my emotions behind a "wall". I think that if you hide your emotions for so long or too much, then it becomes extremely difficult to show them again (i.e. crying).

13. catcherinrye2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to barely cry, but after my dad passed this last year, I find myself crying a lot more. It usually happens when I'm alone, and experience something (a song, memory, etc) that reminds me of my dad.

14. CrazyAntFarm

It's even difficult for me... Idk, I guess I was just taught that men shouldn't show any emotion, so when I did used to cry, I used to always do it in private because I would be too ashamed and embarrassed to do it around others. Even now, I've only cried around a handful of people. If I can cry around you, it means that I trust you and you mean something to me. I just don't like feeling vulnerable. I'm working on breaking that barrier though. Have to since I'm in a relationship now...:dry: lol. d

Anyway, just try and get it out, dude. It's so relieving to do so once you finally do. Somewhere, there's probably a disconnect with yourself and your ability to express those emotions.

15. Emberstone

read twilight, and you will cry... "why was this published?"

I dont think one can actually forget how to cry, since it is not a learned behavior.

16. Harve

Amazing! :grin:

I've not cried for a while and haven't needed to, I don't miss it.

17. Bolin

This quote is AMAZING.

I don't think you can forget how to cry. You can suppress it, but not forget. It seems like such a natural function, and I don't think you can really forget something that comes natural to a human. (*hug*)

18. Colton

I cry when I throw up. o_o

19. IanGallagher

I think guys naturally hold it in. It takes a lot to effect us. Sometimes a wound hurts so deep, like a death, that we can't cry and become angry that we're not crying -- only to later break down in tears. The grieving process is long and confusing. It's taught me that our emotions don't always nicely align with what we're going through. There's nothing wrong with not crying just like there's nothing wrong with crying - just go with what's natural in that specific moment. Only movie moments that trigger something in me from personal history and deaths make me cry. I don't think guys cry that much overall - not to be sexist - but we're not built like girls who cry at a seconds notice, our bodies react mainly by feeling really low or feeling very angry, I don't know many guys who suddenly break down and cry without a big trigger bringing up very painful memories from the past or present.

#19 IanGallagher, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  20. Markio

I don't think guys naturally hold it in, but rather are socialized to not show emotion like sadness, as it is seen as weak and feminine.

I used to cry a lot as a child but was always yelled at for it. I finally went to a counselor so that I could feel like my emotions were valid. "It's OK to be mad, not to be bad."