1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soul mates/Love at first sight!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KaotikPrincess, Jan 4, 2012.

1. KaotikPrincess

Hey guys. So what I wanna know is does anyone believe in love at first sight or soul mates? I believe I finally found my soul mate. He is perfect. Everything I have always wanted. He is the male version of me in like every way and it's amazing. We can tell each other anything and we don't judge, we are so open minded and loving and caring. We met online and weren't planning on being anything more than friends because we live across country but after day 2 of serious talking we surprisingly fell in love with each other and are making all these plans together. :eusa_danc

We both want the same things in life and we want them now. We are both taken by surprise with how fast it took us to fall in love and we both agree that we are each others soul mate. I think it was practically love at first sight (except with personality, not looks) we love each other for the person within and not for what we look like and I have never had that before and it's an amazing feeling. It's been a month now since we met and I plan to move in with him next month!:grin: All the relationships I have been in never made me feel this way before and they were all 3+ years long!...

Does anyone have a similar story? And are you two still happy together?:icon_wink

2. Rooni321

Yes I have a very similar story.
    We met online and were crazy for each other the first week and it was instant attraction when we first met. Things lasted for almost two years but I don't think I was ready for that level of a relationship. I've learned from that experience to better myself. I don't regret it at all and have moved on to love my current girlfriend <3

3. KaotikPrincess

That's great that you made no regrets and you learned from it. I hope it was an amazing 2 years together :slight_smile:

4. CrazyAntFarm

I believe in soulmates, but I don't believe in love at first sight. I feel like I am currently with the man that was meant for me, but I had to fall in love with him. It definitely wasn't at the first sight...

If you truly feel that this guy may be your soulmate though, celebrate your feelings and enjoy them. Good luck to you!

5. Tiny Catastrophe

I didn't believe in love at first sight until I met my girlfriend. Our story is rather odd tho. I'm in this therapy group and I had been there a few months and we're constantly getting new girls and that day she was the new girl. My first thought was how gorgeous she was and for some reason I couldn't stop looking at her and it wasn't just the way she looked. I was kind of trying to figure her out in my head for some reason. Every time she would look down at her phone I would sneak a peek at her and I couldn't figure out why I was so drawn to her. I saw her again at this family group thing we all have to go to on Saturdays and she sat like kind of behind me with her mom and her sister and I would kind of glance back every once in a while. I don't know how soon after that but she had somehow found me on facebook (all she knew was my first name). Apparently she knew someone I was friends with in high school and found me through his facebook and she started talking to me. I was under the impression she was straight until she told me about her ex girlfriend (she said she was bi at the time but later she came out as gay). We became best friends and super attached to each other but she got back with her ex girlfriend and I got back with mine but a few months later, after our exes treated us like shit like they had before, that everything we were looking for in a girlfriend was what we saw in each other. And although we have to be a secret from the world (for now) we are together and to me she's perfect and I've never been happier. She is definitely my soulmate.

6. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    i have a similar story to tiny catastrophe, i would also say soulmates, i met her (we'll call her N) at uni in Australia, she walked up to me outside the library and asked if i was South African, and i said yes and she was like me too! i recognised your accent. and asked if i wanted to have drinks with her now, i was actaully wanting to study but said yes and went. we hit it off straight away, best of friends. It was until we were at a friends party that she told us she was bi, and N was like yeah us too and wer dating! i just played along, until the end of the evening we told our friend we were kidding and she looked so dissapointed. after that we started questioning "what if?" and we started dating, first girlfriend to both of us, its been a bumpy two years, dating on and off, and wer currently not together but N wants to get back together and im all in, she is the one for me, ive fallen for her completely.

7. Raug

I was in my friend H's room. I hear an english accent and get confused and walk out. (I'm always nervous meeting people and I had my DS,... Like always, and I was playing pokémon. Then. I saw him. He was perfect. He walks in wearing grey skinnies, flanel, his beanie, and a smile. :]

Turns out he can play guitar, Piano, And can sing like an angel. He's english. He likes my little pony~. He plays pokémon.

That day we had to leave early :[ and he was dating one of my friends.

We kept seeing eachother and on new years we told eachother we liked eachother (though H) and have talked since. Went to lazer tag.

Hoping something comes of it.

8. Bolin

I don't believe in "love" at first sight. Infatuation at first sight, perhaps. To me, it's impossible to know someone to the point of loving them after you've only just seen them.

Soul mates...I believe in soul mates. I also believe you can have more than one (in the unfortunate event that your beloved dies and you move on and find another).

9. Jonathan

Took the words right out of my mouth...actually, you probably said it better than I ever could have :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Tiny Catastrophe

I think it's more of you can feel some kind of connection or something feels different. Well at least in my case that's what it was.

11. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Met mine on a dating site, when I saw his pic on an incoming request it was love at first sight. He looked even more handsome in real life. We've been together for about 7 months and I think I still love him as much as I do on the first day we met. It's just a feeling that you get when you know he's the right one.

12. Mogget

Tim Minchin has perfectly expressed my views on this subject:

[YOUTUBE]IeZMIgheZro[/YOUTUBE]

13. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really believe in love at first sight. As others have said this is pretty much infatuation. You're basically just attracted to their looks/some other aspect about them, but you really don't know them. Not sure that I believe in some kind of supernatural "connection" that you can feel with another person without knowing them. You can give all the anecdotal evidence you want - but infatuation is a pretty strong feelings and that's likely what you felt, and then by chance they had the same interests/life goals as you and it turned into a relationship.

Not sure I believe in soul mates either. Not even sure I believe in "souls." I don't think there's any one person out there who is somehow magically "the one" for you. There may be someone whom you meet that seems perfect and has all the same interests as you and that turns into a happy relationship, but two people weren't "made" for one another. They just happened to develop similar interests and had all the qualities that attract two people together, and those two people met.

Wouldn't to believe in either to believe in something supernatural reguarding relationships?

And sorry to the OP, but I don't think you can really love someone after 2 days. I believe this is infatuation, and I do not think infatuation has to only be physical (you describe it as "for the person within and not for what we look like"). It's impossible to completely know someone in 2 days, therefore impossible to truely love them. Once this infatuation fades it'll begin to evolve into love (ideally) or you'll slowly drift apart. Also, I don't believe you can really know someone unless you meet. I reread your post and you said it's been a month. It's good that you still feel this way, then, and hopefully it works out. :slight_smile:

(Note: Even though I used "you" it's for the most part directed to the reader, no particular person.)

14. KaotikPrincess

All of those stories were amazing. I am happy for every one of you and I wish you the best in your futures.

Let me clear something up about the love at first sight subject. When I said love at first sight I really didnt mean sight I meant impression. Like sure he looked alright but what made me fall in love with him was after talking to him the first and 2nd day we knew each other, all we talked about was what we were looking for in life and the type of things we like and our personalities matched to a tee and that is what our love is based on, personality, not looks. I too dont believe you can fall in love with someone just by simply looking at them, personality is most important :slight_smile:

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly don't know....I want to believe it...but same time what I thought was great with my boyfriend, it's now fallen apart for me. It's become a relationship for him not me.

16. FleetFish

17. caughtbywitness

Legend.

I don't think it really happens, cautious me wouldn't allow it besides.

18. Emberstone

lust at first sight is real, love at first sight is a overly romanaticized notion.

love, as an emotion is built on a deeper connection. you cant really look at a person, and with simply the look, have a deep connection to them.

Soul mates, on the other hand, it a realistic concept. There are people who just fit well together. but that is also something built on a deep connection.

never judge a book by its cover, cause it will just end up breaking into your bedroom to watch you sleep without your knowledge, it will isolate you from others, then three weeks after impregnating you, it will chew through your stomach and your uterus to rip out a baby.

19. Bedroom Hymns

I haven't experienced anything close to romance with males before, but I don't think I believe in soulmates, and I sure as hell don't believe in love at first sight.

I think in order to fall in love you have to actually get to know the person. And as for soulmates, I think some people are indeed very well suited for a certain someone, but I don't think they're meant to be or anything.

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking of which, I don't think soul mates are real because there are multiple people for one person. Trust me, you're likely not lucky enough to have found that one special person out of 6 billion people. There's probably thousands of people well suited for you...